PDA

View Full Version : Solved Need Educated on Mag Bodies...

Godsword
05-18-2014, 01:42 PM
Of course I know about the old SS bodies, ULE and TAC-One; I even know some about PTP MicroMag and MM2K9 bodies. Lately, however, I have seen aluminum MiniMag bodies (Who made them? How much were they, any still available?) a carbon fiber body prototype (details, please) and there are Chord bodies, Dallara bodies and who knows what else? I guess it is these after-market(?) bodies that I know little about. Anybody care to "School" me in these Mag parts? Who made them and when and maybe how many ~ were made? I have looked around here, Old School Paintball FB page and MCB and have learned a little, but it is hard to put together a time line. For instance, what is that body that the EMag was released with, or were there different options?

knownothingmags
05-18-2014, 01:49 PM
i have a vert aluminum mini mag body no detents or feedneck(how they came)
Bran new never used.
XMT made them.
i think they were 180-200$ new, im not sure though.

pm if you would be interested.

OPBN
05-19-2014, 08:07 AM
You're asking for a lot of info in one post to be quite honest. I can't really offer much of a timeline, but I can offer a few things:

Emags originally came with SS bodies and later ULE bodies. There were also Unibody X Mags made that were Emags that had integrated body/rails. These were all factory AGD. There were also E-Micro Mags that were sold by PTP. Shocktech sold SFL E-mags that are highly coveted nowadays. IIRC, 34/35 were made of these. Not a clue on the quantities of any of the others and not sure if numbers were really ever kept.

Dallara bodies were made/sold by Deadly Winds. They also produced Karta body/rails as well as the Chord bodies. RPG took over production of the Karta and Chord bodies and he may still have some as he gets a run done every so often. No one has reproduced the Dallara bodies and they are also pretty highly coveted.

There are multiple generations of PTP Micro Mags. I think there may be a post by Frizzle Fry somewhere around here explaining all the differences.

XMagTerror here has produced several ULE style bodies recently. He has produced the ULE MiniMag bodies as well as Classic RT style bodies for both standard AGD valves as well as for the RT Classics. He has also produced the CF ULE bodies that you may be seeing as well. Check in the dealer section for all of these.

XMT also produced the Shockwave bodies that were designed by another member here.

There were also a few one/two offs that have been made over the years as well as some short run bodies that I haven't mentioned, but this should get you started.

I don't have time to go through and research dates and not sure again on numbers. Someone else may have the info off the top of their head.

maverick13
05-19-2014, 04:55 PM
They were also the Venomous Designs body/rails.
I've 4 in mind : EP / Helium / Toxic / Noxious.
I think they were runs of 25 but not sure.

If my memory is good, there was the IT body too. No idea of the number.

XMT also made the Phoenix and Ripper body/rails.
I think he made 2 runs (he will correct me if I'm wrong !)
No idea of the total number.
Some of each are still available right now in the dealers section.

Godsword
05-20-2014, 11:23 AM
Thank you All, I know I was asking for years of info! This is what I was wondering and your info really helps put it all into perspective. Great Info! I am printing this off and adding to my folder with my Automag manual.

Flatliner333
05-20-2014, 11:34 AM
http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?267349-XULE-Carbon-Fiber-Body-Pre-order

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?268762-Custom-Body-Super-Store-ALL-INSTOCK!!!!!!!

Laku
05-20-2014, 12:59 PM
you guys could start from what Bunny has so far collected. :)

http://www.automags.org/forums/content.php?11-markers

more in the manufacturers part of it.

maverick13
05-20-2014, 01:43 PM
Wow I didn't know this thread existed !
It goes in "my favourites" immediately !