PDA

View Full Version : Solved RT classic

Deedlersaurus
05-18-2014, 05:39 PM
Hey guys. I recently bought a used RT classic. Unfortunately, i can't get it to RT at the time due to my reg doing 850 psi output. I'm currently having other issues though. For every 4th or 5th shot, the triggers not returning correctly and I have to pull it all the way to reset the bolt or gas it off and back on to reset the bolt. The marker did come with a parts kit and an additional seer assembly. Supposedly, all the orings were replaced which I can believe as I've taken it apart and reassembled it. I tried changing the seer, but that made it so the trigger wouldnt work even though the seer was gassed.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, guys.

RT Lover
05-18-2014, 05:49 PM
Hey guys. I recently bought a used RT classic. Unfortunately, i can't get it to RT at the time due to my reg doing 850 psi output. I'm currently having other issues though. For every 4th or 5th shot, the triggers not returning correctly and I have to pull it all the way to reset the bolt or gas it off and back on to reset the bolt. The marker did come with a parts kit and an additional seer assembly. Supposedly, all the orings were replaced which I can believe as I've taken it apart and reassembled it. I tried changing the seer, but that made it so the trigger wouldnt work even though the seer was gassed.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, guys.

sounds like what i just had, check your detents and level x if u have one

Deedlersaurus
05-18-2014, 05:57 PM
Detents were recently replaced in barrel with plasic nubbins. It's also a lvl 7 stock bolt.

RT Lover
05-18-2014, 06:11 PM
make sure u have them in right and for the love of god get a level x!!! maybe check that the sear is adjusted right thought u shouldnt have to adjust it nor should u only if it is off and dont have the body bolts down super tight

Deedlersaurus
05-18-2014, 06:42 PM
I'll try those things. Thanks, RT Lover. Also, is the lvl x bolt that big of an improvement that it warrents the price of said item?

RT Lover
05-18-2014, 06:57 PM
yes! i wouldn't shoot a mag without one especially a RT u can pick up a used one on the for sale forms.... get one it will not be disappointing, second best thing next to the marker its self!! if u get stumped they r guys who can work on the marker for u

Deedlersaurus
05-18-2014, 07:40 PM
Adjudted the trigger sear. Good to go!

RT Lover
05-18-2014, 08:20 PM
It has to b a certain length not just any. If it's not exact it will cause premature wear. There r specs on where it should b.

Deedlersaurus
05-18-2014, 09:09 PM
I'll google them. Thanks again, RT Lover.

blackdeath1k
05-18-2014, 09:44 PM
I've been running classic RT since the late 90s. Still running a level 7 bolt without complaints. Or issues.

Wife has a level 10. It has came in handy for her. But she has a sloppier trigger finger than I do. Then again I couldn't care less about 20+ balls a second either. I'm happy with 10-12 tops.

athomas
05-19-2014, 10:11 AM
Don't worry about specific trigger rod lengths. Air up the gun, turn on the safety, and hold the trigger against the safetly. The trigger rod should be adjusted so that there is about a credit card thickness between the back of the trigger and the front of the trigger rod.

Deedlersaurus
05-19-2014, 09:18 PM
Thanks for the prompt replies, guys! I've got it up and RT'ing without cycling issues.