PDA

View Full Version : Solved classic valve lp-pneu

RT Lover
05-20-2014, 11:33 PM
on a classic can whats the lowest pressure u can run on it? it would or could b lower than what a Rt needs? that 1100k cant b nice on a ball everytime and on my pneu build i want to know what pressures i can run lower so i can have a low to some what lower pressure marker in the mix....ty

Cyco-Dude
05-21-2014, 12:11 AM
on a classic can whats the lowest pressure u can run on it? it would or could b lower than what a Rt needs? that 1100k cant b nice on a ball everytime and on my pneu build i want to know what pressures i can run lower so i can have a low to some what lower pressure marker in the mix....ty
the incoming gas is regulated down to normal working pressure (whatever that is), not what the tank supplies. so it's full pressure into the on/off, then it gets regulated down.

anyway, it uses what it uses. if you wanted a lower operating pressure, you would have to increase the size of the dump chamber (larger gas volume) to compensate.

Spider-TW
05-21-2014, 09:01 AM
Mags run about 450 psi on a level 7 and about 500 psi on a level 10. CO2 has more post-bolt expansion, so it tends to run lower for the same dump chamber volume and velocity. Because of the flow through the power tube and bolt, you don't see much change in pressure at the ball for adjustments around the same velocity; meaning, it's difficult to make an automag any softer on paint (they are not that hard on paint anyway).

Rule of thumb is a minimum drop of 200 psi across a paintball regulator for good flow and control. That varies with the regulator and the rate of fire, but I use a 650 psi ninja bottle on a pump mag with no problems.