PDA

View Full Version : Solved Emag Questions

PsychoJester
05-26-2014, 12:59 PM
OK I just got an Emag (has X Valve) and it shoots fine in manual RT's like a big dog. But I can't get it to do anything in Electro mode. I got the battery to charge up.
Scrolling through the menu here's what I get:
TS 8
SPS 19
ACE 2
SHBF 8
TRG off
The trigger is just locked in place and will not pull

PsychoJester
05-26-2014, 02:43 PM
Also should the battery get warm while charging, and for those that have the original battery about how long does it take to fully charge?

maverick13
05-26-2014, 02:44 PM
If the trigger doesn't move at all when the selector is on the E position, at first sight, I'd think you need to uncscrew a little the screw of the selector switch.

Here is a link that could help you.
http://www.zakvetter.com/pages/paintballs/automag_info/tech_questions/emag_trigger.html

Cyco-Dude
05-26-2014, 03:12 PM
Also should the battery get warm while charging, and for those that have the original battery about how long does it take to fully charge?
yes, that's perfectly normal. no idea how long it takes to charge, but from the manual:

While the battery is charging the light on the charging unit will appear red. The light will change to green when it is in trickle charge mode; trickle charge mode occurs when the battery is about 85-90% charged. At this point, the battery is ready for play. Trickle charge an additional 3-4 hours, if desired, to attain 100% charge.

athomas
05-26-2014, 06:46 PM
If the trigger is locked in place, just back out the trigger adjustment screw as mentioned. It is located in the selector switch. You need to take off the grip frame to get access to it from the top of the frame. You can tune the trigger movement and activation point with the grip frame off. Adjust the trigger movement first. Then, once you get the trigger movement you want, adjust the trigger magnet using the small allen screw at the front of the trigger. The metal allen wrench will alter the magnetic field so make sure you test the trigger activation with the allen key removed from the screw.

All batteries generate some heat when charging, so that is normal. The charger is a one hour quick charger based on the original 650mAh battery, with a trickle charge for topping it off. A rebuilt 1000mAh battery pack may take longer. The quick charge portion charges to about 90%. The trickle charge tops the pack up to its 100% capacity.

PsychoJester
05-26-2014, 08:19 PM
Well I just let it charge until green light, but the dam thing is so hot I can't touch it.
I'm not at home a the moment so I will have to mess with it tomorrow.

athomas
05-26-2014, 09:02 PM
Well I just let it charge until green light, but the dam thing is so hot I can't touch it.
I'm not at home a the moment so I will have to mess with it tomorrow.It shouldn't get so hot you can't touch it. Batteries get warm, but shouldn't get hot. Heat kills the cells. It means they are overcharging and dissipating the extra energy as heat.

PsychoJester
05-27-2014, 06:09 PM
Yep... So battery is fried. Where can I get a new one? I thought I saw somewhere that someone makes them or that I can put some together and make my own or something????

audioSLAVE
05-27-2014, 06:17 PM
Batteries Plus will do it if there's one near you. They can build the 1000 mAh version for you as well.

PsychoJester
05-27-2014, 06:31 PM
does the 1000 mAh last longer than the 650?

Frizzle Fry
05-27-2014, 06:40 PM
Yes about 50% longer.

mAh = milliamps hours

PsychoJester
05-27-2014, 09:01 PM
So do I just take the AGD battery to them and tell them I want one just like it? I've dealt with some of those guys at Batteries Plus and they are not the brightest

PsychoJester
05-30-2014, 05:27 PM
Got it working in Mech mode and in Electro mode. Trigger is set the way I like it, I can double trigger ramp it, but dam when I put it in Mech mode and find that sweet spot it rocks. Now I need red stuff to match it. I recently saw someone post for sale some red carbon fiber grips for an Emag, but I can't find him.

PsychoJester
05-30-2014, 05:29 PM
Oh and almost forgot thank you to everyone that PM'd me, texted me, and responded to this thread and helped me get this thing running.

Cyco-Dude
05-30-2014, 06:20 PM
just to recap, what was the issue and what was the solution? just a bad battery? also i'm just curious, what output pressure do you have on your tank regulator?

PsychoJester
05-30-2014, 06:50 PM
Had a few things going on so it was a little harder to troubleshoot. The trigger needed to be adjusted. The guy I bought it from had the set screw inside on the selector switch screwed all of the way in so there was not trigger movement at all. Also the battery was shot, It would boot up the board but maybe not enough juice to actuate anything. Also needed to set the magnet in the trigger to the way I like it. Plus a lot of just me not knowing the marker made it a little difficult to work through things. I still don't know what all of the things on the board mean??
New battery from Batteries Plus, got a 750 amp hour because that's what he had in stock about $70.00 with tax and he soldered the contact end on it also
adjusted trigger and trigger magnet and it worked fine
I'm running a Ninja SHP at 1100 output
AGD 3.2
What do these stand for
TS= total shots - but how do I set it back to 0
SPS=Shots per second - is this say set at 8 means no matter how fast I pull trigger it will only allow 8 per second?
ACE = ???? something to do with an eye??
SHBF= ????
Trigger on off = I know this one and it helped when setting the trigger because I didn't need air hooked up to do it

Cyco-Dude
05-30-2014, 10:14 PM
Also the battery was shot, It would boot up the board but maybe not enough juice to actuate anything.
did you take a multimeter to it? also, the solenoid pulls the plunger down. you should be able to pivot the sear up / pull the plunger out a bit, pull the trigger while in "e" or "hybrid" mode, and it should snap down.

AGD 3.2
What do these stand for
TS= total shots - but how do I set it back to 0
SPS=Shots per second - is this say set at 8 means no matter how fast I pull trigger it will only allow 8 per second?
ACE = ???? something to do with an eye??
SHBF= ????
Trigger on off = I know this one and it helped when setting the trigger because I didn't need air hooked up to do it
here is the manual (http://www.airgundesignsusa.com/downloads/emaginstructions.pdf), it will tell you want everything is / does. total shots, i don't think you can reset. you are correct about sps and ace (anti-chop eye), but ace was only for the x-mag. no idea about the last one; could be the burst mode setting.

PsychoJester
05-30-2014, 10:32 PM
Yeah I've looked through that manual and that must be for an older version board. Because mine doesn't have any of those modes, timer etc.

athomas
05-31-2014, 08:58 AM
That is one of the last versions of actual factory released AGD firmware. There was 4.0 I think, but I don't know if it was actually a factory release.

The SHBF is a shot buffer setting so that the board can register a trigger pull before the end of the complete shot cycle. On the old firmware, if you set the rate of fire to 10, it translated into 100ms per shot. That means the board wouldn't register a shot if you pulled the trigger before the 100ms was up. The newer boards would register the trigger pull and hold the activation until the cycle time expired and then fire the gun again for that registered trigger pull.

I can't remember if this version has the full auto issues. You'll find out soon enough. If it does, you will need to properly orient the polarity of the solenoid wires to help with that.