PDA

View Full Version : New posts

dboggs79
06-10-2014, 12:31 AM
Why all the sudden when I hit the new posts button I'm getting a billion results? Getting the " The posts below have not been updated but contain unread posts" message. Don't think I changed anything. Something change with the page?

wetwrks
06-10-2014, 01:27 AM
Something went on for me as well. Almost everything was tagged unread. I used the button to mark all forums as read and that looks to have fixed it for me.

dboggs79
06-10-2014, 02:05 AM
Something went on for me as well. Almost everything was tagged unread. I used the button to mark all forums as read and that looks to have fixed it for me.

Did the same. Thanks!

Cyco-Dude
06-10-2014, 02:37 AM
it looks like the forum software was updated? it functions the same as the mcarterbrown (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/) website now, which is a good thing. lets you go back and check, that way you won't miss anything.

Laku
06-10-2014, 10:13 AM
Dayspring changed yesterday some setting that affect what is considered unread.

Dayspring
06-10-2014, 11:21 AM
Dayspring changed yesterday some setting that affect what is considered unread.

Some people were having odd issues with how posts were viewed/read/unread. So instead of using cookies & elapsed time, it uses the Database to mark it. I may be able to tweak the setting a tad to make it a bit better. If we still have some issues, we'll go back to the cookie version.

SoulCoffin
06-10-2014, 02:12 PM
yea, this is weirding me out. i have stuff from a week ago showing up as bolded, as i browse around.

Dayspring
06-10-2014, 02:23 PM
I tweaked the setting, so now it's going to be better at tracking when something is read/unread. The first day after the change will be a bit disconcerting, but after that (and a quick "I've read everything" click) it'll be all better.

Promise.

Spook
06-10-2014, 02:56 PM
It did go weird for me now seems to be working fine iwent to Mark forums read and all is good