PDA

View Full Version : 80's Music Era.?

-§on-
02-24-2002, 10:45 AM
Is it the worst Era for all music? I can tell you right now that I have heard enough of this "Crap" on Direct TV. Im watching shows when they try to sell 80's CD's during Commercials. I think they are losing more money then they are making. What do you guys think? Think 80's §tink pretty bad or what?

Magsrule3
02-24-2002, 10:49 AM
80's Music gives me the creeps. The age of big hair. Remember Vanilla Ice?

MagMan5446
02-24-2002, 10:55 AM
80's mainstream music was the worst stuff ever recorded. Metallica and the emerging metal scene was good stuff though.

-§on-
02-24-2002, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by MagMan5446
80's mainstream music was the worst stuff ever recorded. Metallica and the emerging metal scene was good stuff though.

Yes that was the only positive about the whole era.

Vanilla Ice? Yeah I remember him. Ice, Ice, Baby. It is pretty sad that he was on the soundtrack to the Ninja turtles movie and he was in it as well. It just ruins that movie now...

Miscue
02-24-2002, 11:45 AM
There's lots of crappy 80's stuff, but there's TONS of good stuff too... 60's, 70's, 80's... same situation.

(These aren't all 80's) Duran Duran, U2, Billy Joel, Chicago, Journey, Abba, Tears for Fears, Aha!, Toto, America, DepecheMode, Bob Marley, Jimi Hendrix, Eric Clapton, America, Simon & Garfunkel, Eagles, Cream, Enya, Chris Deburgh, Jim Croce, Led Zep, Mr. Mister, Van Halen, Three Dog Night, Dokken, Harry Chapin, Queen, REO SpeedWagon, B-52s, Simple Minds, Aerosmith, The Police/Sting... Dude, there's LOTS of great stuff - and of course there's the crap too but that happens.

CoFFeY[NiTrO]
02-24-2002, 12:15 PM
I want everybody to know sometihng....
I am a big fan of corvettes
But WHY are the 80's ones so U-G-L-Y!

bofh
02-24-2002, 12:22 PM
Miscue, You forgot the Talking Heads!

Ah.... the 80's

MagMan5446
02-24-2002, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by Miscue
There's lots of crappy 80's stuff, but there's TONS of good stuff too... 60's, 70's, 80's... same situation.

(These aren't all 80's) Duran Duran, U2, Billy Joel, Chicago, Journey, Abba, Tears for Fears, Aha!, Toto, America, DepecheMode, Bob Marley, Jimi Hendrix, Eric Clapton, America, Simon & Garfunkel, Eagles, Cream, Enya, Chris Deburgh, Jim Croce, Led Zep, Mr. Mister, Van Halen, Three Dog Night, Dokken, Harry Chapin, Queen, REO SpeedWagon, B-52s, Simple Minds, Aerosmith, The Police/Sting... Dude, there's LOTS of great stuff - and of course there's the crap too but that happens.

Abba? Duran Duran? Enya? OH MY LORD!!

How can you listen to this stuff?

Blennidae
02-24-2002, 03:07 PM
You can't really narrow it down to a given decade. As Miscue said, there is a lot of good 80's music. I really like it as I was a teenager in the 80's so its the music of my youth. 20 years from now your children will make the same comments about the music you are listening to now. I personally don't care much for the rap/metal stuff, but I know its very popular. But chances are in 20 years it won't be that stuff being sold on the compilation CD's, it'll be Brittany Spears, and the boy bands.

Another thing to remember, some of the biggest bands today had their start in the 80's. U2 comes to mind.

-§on-
02-24-2002, 03:39 PM
All the Bands Miscue said are good except for about 6 of them. A lot of good rock bands had good music form from the 80's as well though.

Zumina
02-24-2002, 08:05 PM
You buffoons; PINK FLOYD!!!

Army
02-24-2002, 08:18 PM
Kiss, Styx, Big Country, The Go-Go's, early U2..

...and I liked ALL of the hair band music, just something raw and sexy about it. Not sexy from all the make-up and girls clothes the guys were wearing, but the emotion in the songs.

Not to mention the righteous guitar rifs in each and every metal song!

Cha0tic
02-24-2002, 09:11 PM
although i'm only 16 and its waay out of my time, i love classic rock. stuff like the old U2, Tom petty, bruce springsteen, eagles, old aerosmith (new stuff sucks), and way too many more too list. the 80's had lots of good stuff, just lots of crap too...

BTW, i'm goin to see Tom Petty in concert in a few monthes...

-§on-
02-25-2002, 05:53 AM
Old Areosmith is pretty good. Like there song "dream on" is one of my favorites. Ac/dc had music in the 80's, but they weren't an 80's band but they were still good. Pink Floyd is definatly good, but I thought they were late 70's early 80's? All I know is "If you don't eat your meat, you can't have any pudding, and if you dont eat your pudding you cant have and meat."---Pink Floyd---Another Brink in the Wall