PDA

View Full Version : some people shouldn't be able to drive...

Cha0tic
02-24-2002, 06:07 PM
i was in tampa this weekend....when i was abotu 2 exits from my exit, this short white kid in a 99' stock civic with rims came flying by me doing probably 90-100 in the breakdown lane. he was making cars swearve and slow down b/c he was weaving between the right and breakdown lane. we both got off at the same exit, he pulled up next to me at the red light. he had his windows down with his system blaring. i thought this was a good time to tell him what i thought. i rolled down my window and called him an a-hole and that he is gonna get somebody killed if he doesn't learn how to drive. he gave me the bird, the light turned green, i took a right and he took a right, from the left turn lane. he tailed me for about 5 minutes, right up on my back bumper. he did this just so he could pass me and flick me off while he swore at me...i just waved to him and went on my way. i know i probably shouldn't say anything, but i've seen some pretty hairy accidents down my way, including a flipped car smashing into a tree doing 70-80mph. these people are the types that cause the accidents....thnx for hearing my rant.

talls
02-24-2002, 06:35 PM
I hate people that think that looks "cool". I honestly would probably have let him pass me and then followed him for like 15 minutes riding his bumper. And if he ever stopped, well giving me the bird really upsets me so the next car he would be riding in would probably be an ambulance:). I really do not get mad that often but when people do stupid crap it offends me.:D

TigerMan
02-24-2002, 07:24 PM
Some people are just plain stupid and they don't learn till its too late. They either a) get caught by cops (which it always seems like they're never around at moments like these), b) harm themselves or even worst harm innocent bystandards. It's scary to think of all the bad drivers that are out there today.

Zumina
02-24-2002, 08:20 PM
hey hey, we're all guilty of inadvertantly doing something stupid while driving.

Cha0tic
02-24-2002, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by Zumina
hey hey, we're all guilty of inadvertantly doing something stupid while driving.

yes, i have done dumb things in cars. but i did them: A- away from a highway going way way over the speed limit B- away from other cars C- not risking anyones life...

Crazy
02-25-2002, 08:10 PM
If that kid would have been riding my bumper, i woulda slammed on my breaks, just so he would be screwed. I would have made up some lame excuse, but it would be his fault :rolleyes:

Zumina
02-25-2002, 08:19 PM
why exactly do you have a pic of an IR3 stuck in the ground?

Snewk
02-26-2002, 12:41 PM
i lived in atlanta for a year and they have some HORRIBLE drivers there. for one everyone and their grandmother drives and talks on the cell phone 24/7 and all the super rich people there think they are better than normal working class joe's like myself and feel they can run you right over with their SUV's. now where i live in florida it isnt much better, just a lot of old folks here who scare me just as bad.

Cliffio
02-26-2002, 01:57 PM
why exactly do you have a pic of an IR3 stuck in the ground?

it isnt stuck in the ground
its just been thrown, it was at mardi gras i believe

Cha0tic
02-26-2002, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by Cliffio

it isnt stuck in the ground
its just been thrown, it was at mardi gras i believe

why on earth would any sane person throw that on the ground????

Cliffio
02-26-2002, 03:48 PM
cause they got it for free

Zumina
02-26-2002, 05:18 PM
cause they got it for free

Damn pro-tournament players. Do they ever realize how good they have it? How many people here would kill to be given free equipment, playing time, and money??? Are were supposed to look up to and revere these punks?? I hate to point and finger, and add to the Tourny vs Rec debate, but players like that are the epitome of the degredation of our sport. So childish. Why respect something if they didn't really do anything to earn it?

krafty
02-26-2002, 05:44 PM
I had a little pimped-out civic laying on his horn behind me at a red light, trying to get me to turn. (Never mind the 'no right turn on red' sign next to me.) After noticing that his windshield was at about the same level as my truck's rear bumper, I just shifted into reverse... As soon as he saw those lights, he stopped honking. :) THEN, the little (fill in the blank) tries to race me down the next street... Never try to run 1.6 liters of rice against a 5.3 liter Detroit V8.

Only at the next light did I notice that the massive wing on his trunk lid was pop-riveted on... :D

Zumina
02-26-2002, 06:47 PM
5.3L, what vehicle does that belong too? I did the same thing last weekend. Little Integra with a set of exceedingly Cliche chicken wire trimmed bumpers came up behind me and started beeping. I did just as you did, casually shifted into reverse.

krafty
02-26-2002, 06:56 PM
5.3L, what vehicle does that belong too?

2002 GMC Sierra. 285 horsies. And a really loose back end, even with a LSD! :)

Zumina
02-26-2002, 07:01 PM
GM no longer offers the venerable 5.7L (350cui) V8 in their trucks?

krafty
02-26-2002, 07:29 PM
Not to my knowledge. My truck is a 1500, and the 5.3 is the largest engine available. Go to the 2500 and you can go up to the 6.0L... No 5.7 anywhere in sight.

nutz
02-26-2002, 09:54 PM
talk about bad drivers, i look around my drivers ed class and i would only trust a few of the people out of like 40 to drive me in their car... some people, especially in my area, are just soooooooo dumb... they cant make any desision on there own let alone drive a car!! not to mention fail every single drivers ed test we have

Zumina
02-26-2002, 09:55 PM
that's right. The 5.3 produces more power and fuel efficiency.

Failure
02-26-2002, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by krafty

Only at the next light did I notice that the massive wing on his trunk lid was pop-riveted on... :D

thats to help alleviate all the upforce his front wheel drive, 85 mph max, grocery getter gets on the rear end :P I saw a neon with one of the drag racing wings on the back, the ones funny cars use. Much needed and quite sporty looking.