PDA

View Full Version : guys with cockers

Havoc_online
02-24-2002, 07:59 PM
ok just wondering if any of you can FULLY strip apart your autococker and put it together with no problems, honestly. I mean how many of you are your own autococker pit crew? Every person I've met who had an autococker can't do it, nothing against them in any way, just wondering. I know I probably would'nt be able to do it either. So far everyone I've met who can maintain their own gun either had their own store or was a airsmith, lol...

I'm not saying it can't be done, I'm not picking on the gun, or the people who use them. I've only noticed this out of the people that I've met..

AutoMaggot
02-24-2002, 08:07 PM
I can :mad: I kept my STO stock for about a day, then took the whole thing apart and rebuilt/re-adjusted/and re-timed the whole thing in about an hour... this is what it looks like now with Rat 3:16 valve, Nelson hammer and springs, Belsales Angry frame with Roller Sear, 16" Freak, Palmer Micro Rock, STO Ram, Angry 3 Way, and SupaFly Bolt...

AutoMaggot
02-24-2002, 08:08 PM
Here's another... If you own a cocker and cant take it apart, then you probably shouldnt own one! :rolleyes:

Mango
02-24-2002, 08:11 PM
Wow that is GORGEOUS!! Nice pics! :) :) If you ever want to unload that cocker let me know. :)

Havoc_online
02-24-2002, 08:14 PM
"If you own a cocker and cant take it apart, then you probably shouldnt own one!"

do you have any idea what this would do to WGP sales?

looks like a sweet cocker by the way......

squidboy69
02-24-2002, 08:17 PM
I tell everyone I build one for, don't go within 6 feet of it with an allen key.
you don't need to be able to strip 'em to own 'em, but being able to sure makes me sleep better at night.

AutoMaggot
02-24-2002, 08:18 PM
Yeah, hehe, that was a bit harsh... Im just not a fan of people who say Cockers break and that they're a 'yatch to fix... fixing cockers is prolly the biggest source of revenue for airsmiths! (Thanks for the props on muh cocker guys!) :) Oh, and Spraying Mango - I would only trade it for a killer Matrix :D Im in love with this thing!

Predater
02-24-2002, 08:24 PM
Auto, great gun. Almoast makes me want a cocker. But i think ill keep my RT. To lazy to work on the cocker.

AutoMaggot
02-24-2002, 08:27 PM
Thanks! In the past year I've gone from an Automag, to a blue/green fade GenX 3, to an Impulse, to a Dark Angel LED, to an Emag, and now back to a cocker... Beleive me, I know what its like to want a gun :D The E-Mag with the warp was by far the coolest... but its cold in maine, and it broke a lot of paint :( and i have the cocker running at about 40 psi off the bolt so it will NEVER break paint.

rifleman
02-24-2002, 08:31 PM
Jeesh, you took that .45 to a grinder didn't you! :rolleyes:

Adam

AutoMaggot
02-24-2002, 08:33 PM
Nope, not at all... thats the Belsales Angry Frame from the SP Evolution Cocker... its contoured that way... Its an incredible frame. I ditched a hinge for that sucka.

Tim Jacobitz
02-24-2002, 08:37 PM
I can't shoot them for crap. But I can work on them. I seen a guy put one together blind folded once. I started braging that I could do the same. One day some one called me on it. They took one apart to the smallest parts(did not take regs apart). blind folded me, through the parts and nessary tools in front of me. I put it together any timed it completly blind. It took a while but it earned me a lot of respect. Now I work on all the cockers at the feild. People always ask me why I don't shoot one. I tell them I can biuld them but in the heat of the game when adrenline is pumping it I always short stroke them.

soilent green
02-24-2002, 08:40 PM
I don't own one but my brother does and I always end up fixing it for him or his freinds so I've almost completly dissesembled it not that much happens to it if it were mine I would have completly dissesembled it on day one I always do that to my new guns haven't brocken one yet cross my fingies oh yeh beuty of an STO

rifleman
02-24-2002, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by AutoMaggot
Nope, not at all... thats the Belsales Angry Frame from the SP Evolution Cocker... its contoured that way... Its an incredible frame. I ditched a hinge for that sucka.

Right, but it looks like someone took away some of the curve on the back of grip--maybe it's the light, but it kinda looks like machining marks or something.

Adam

AutoMaggot
02-24-2002, 08:55 PM
thats just they way its shaped...

Tim Jacobitz
02-24-2002, 08:57 PM
I think its just real shiney

Nitroduck
02-24-2002, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by Havoc_online
ok just wondering if any of you can FULLY strip apart your autococker and put it together with no problems, honestly. I mean how many of you are your own autococker pit crew? Every person I've met who had an autococker can't do it, nothing against them in any way, just wondering. I know I probably would'nt be able to do it either. So far everyone I've met who can maintain their own gun either had their own store or was a airsmith, lol...

I'm not saying it can't be done, I'm not picking on the gun, or the people who use them. I've only noticed this out of the people that I've met..

I can do it with very few problems.

A few weeks ago, I had to to a total cocker rebuild. I had to switch every part out (switching bodies...took out every part piece by piece and put it in cocker).

I only had 1 problem, the fact that it was a 99 cocker , and the fact the new 2k body forced me to buy a new front bolt, and the front bolt I got didnt have Orings on it...Once I got those on, I gassed it up , no leaks, no timing issues, just shot paint.

Cockers are for people who use alot of logic in determing what a problem could me with a Cocker...A cocker is a interesting challenge. Of course, the basic theory on a Cocker is applied to most guns out there...So its a great gun to work on.

I cant wait to get my C5 airsmith certification from PTI....Then I can get paid a lil more for gun tech work.

magic55
02-24-2002, 09:02 PM
a friend of mine just put together a freeflow by himself... its not as hard as people make it out to be, the only difficult part is getting the timing set correctly. when skyballs over i'm selling my rtpro and getting a custom cocker. i can't wait:D

TheBigRaguPB4L
02-24-2002, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by AutoMaggot
Here's another... If you own a cocker and cant take it apart, then you probably shouldnt own one! :rolleyes:

i disagree. i own a cocker and can't take it apart. but how are you supposed to learn? you can't figure a gun out with out one being in your possession. if you own it for a few years and can't take it apart, that would be a different story. but if you're new to the gun, you really shouldn't have to know how to take it apart.

manike
02-25-2002, 04:24 AM
Who me? Take apart my cocker? With MY reputation?

My first cocker and it didn't even come fully assembled :D ... First thing I did was build it... then time it.

manike