PDA

View Full Version : Back to Mags after too long a break

UncleStasiu
09-20-2014, 02:44 AM
I had and loved a Classic back in the late 90s, then sadly sold it because I had no one to play with and didn't much like going alone. After a getting back into paintball with 'cockers, decided it was time to scratch that Automag itch again. Problematic as I'm a tinkerer, and suddenly have one mag, half the parts for another, and a third planned out. This post is for The One.

As purchased off CL:
-Classic right feed
-Microline fittings
-Old CP barrel
-unknown expansion chamber with a "B" on the base

After getting it cleaned up, re-lubed, feedneck cut down, and the trigger rod length back to stock, I went target shooting. Aaannnddd then I went modding. Please don't hurt me. I fully understand that the only way to improve any modified Automag better is to bring it back to stock. I just like doing things THIS way. After a fun evening, it runs quite nicely.

After modding madness:
-Superbolt frame (Dye UL Autococker knock-off)
-RT on/off
-Air America Black Ice reg bottom as a valve back
-CCM macro fittings (2 o-rings in each)
-Stainless hardline
-Heatshrink-covered braided line
-Some aluminum 90deg elbow from the spares box
-Shocktech #3 drop reverse
-CCM on/off ASA

So far so good. I'll maybe/probably install a Level 10 at some point. Already have a Centerflag Thunder reg, just need a tank and gauges. Running the ASA for now with a standard Ninja 68/45. And now, some pics!

As purchased, post feedneck cutting:

Valve as purchased:

How she sits now:

Now, from the valve end:

Cyco-Dude
09-20-2014, 08:56 AM
looking good...

UncleStasiu
09-21-2014, 10:16 PM
Thanks! Need to cut the rail down and shape it some, and do something with that chewed up VASA. I have a chunk of carbon mountain bike fork steerer tube sitting on my desk that might make an appearance there.

jame4091
09-25-2014, 05:23 AM
Really like the hardline, nice touch.