PDA

View Full Version : Info about Nitro...

subbeh
02-24-2002, 09:51 PM
OK... Where I live nobody really uses nitro because it is quite a drive to get it filled, and CO2 is readily available. However, I just got an RT and I need to use nitro. So I bought an adjustable tank... I have a few questions.

1) The tank I bought isn't screw in, so I have microline running from it. How do I disconnect my tank when there is still air in it? Is there a way to turn the tank off? If this helps, the tank is adjusted using a screw-type-thing at the end of the reg (I think... I haven't filled it yet, I am going to tomorrow).

2) Do I have to disconnect the tank from my gun and drop zone every single time I want it filled?

Thanks for helping out a somewhat-newbie... I really appreciate it.

Subb

Predater
02-24-2002, 10:04 PM
1) The tank I bought isn't screw in, so I have microline running from it. How do I disconnect my tank when there is still air in it? Is there a way to turn the tank off? If this helps, the tank is adjusted using a screw-type-thing at the end of the reg (I think... I haven't filled it yet, I am going to tomorrow).

you dont disconect the tank, but to shut it off we need to know what kind of tank it is.

2) Do I have to disconnect the tank from my gun and drop zone every single time I want it filled?

Answer--no there should be a quick disconect mail fitting on the side of the tank. That is whare you fill it. You leave it hooked on the gun unless you are just tearing apart your gun.

The more info about the tank the better. nitro is great.

subbeh
02-24-2002, 10:06 PM
OK.

It's an AirAmerica Raptor Rex reg with an 88ci tank.

Sorry I'm so retarded when it comes to this, because the first nitro tank I ever saw was my own... :D

Predater
02-24-2002, 10:14 PM
Its ok to ask questions.

The rapter is a prety good tank i think. I use nitroduck adjustible so i dont know for sure. It is based off of the mag reg design.:D

you leave it attached to the gun all the time and fill it buy the mail fill nipple on the side of the tank. To shut it off you could buy an on off ball valve for air fittings. if you dont do this just shut the reg off. That is what i would do.

If you need any more help just ask.

subbeh
02-24-2002, 10:16 PM
Thanks much for your help... really appreciate it. Can't wait to fill it tomorrow and shoot my RT for the first time.

Only bad thing I know about the Rex is that fact it is an ADJUSTABLE TANK with no output gauge... seems kind of retarded to me, but I just mounted a nice small guage on my gun, which looks cool and functions well.

Predater
02-24-2002, 10:22 PM
you could put a T fitting on the reg at the output and put a guage on one end and your hose on the other to the gun. that way it will look like it went there originally.

subbeh
02-24-2002, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by Predater
you could put a T fitting on the reg at the output and put a guage on one end and your hose on the other to the gun. that way it will look like it went there originally.

I mounted one on the gun... looks cool and it's already done, so for now I guess I'll just leave it like that.

Thanks, though... I'll remember it if I have problems or something.

Load SM5
02-24-2002, 10:25 PM
One thing about Raptor tanks. They have no on/off button on them so the air can't be shut off on the tank. You'll need some kind of Slidecheck/Quick Disconnect combo or a Proconnect. They allow you to turn off the flow of air from your tank to your valve and take your tank off the gun. They're pretty cheap around $10 http://www.888paintball.com/product_card.asp?ItemNo=15%2D7%2D32%5E+Q%2FD+W%2F+ SL+C

Proconnects run quite a bit more.

Predater
02-24-2002, 10:27 PM
You talked about how far away nitro fills are. I there is a place that does scuba fills somewhat close you could buy a scuba tank and scuba fill station. Just a thaught for if you get some extra money.

subbeh
02-24-2002, 10:34 PM
Well it's not to bad for me, I work too much for being a student so I have quite a bit of money. Most of my friends don't have cars they can use to drive... it's a 15-20 minute drive each way.

Also, paintball isn't exactly huge here so not many people spend a lot of money on it, IE nitro. Lot of tippmans and spyders around here... me and my friend both run nice mags and everyone else upgrade spyders.

subbeh
02-24-2002, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by Load SM5
One thing about Raptor tanks. They have no on/off button on them so the air can't be shut off on the tank. You'll need some kind of Slidecheck/Quick Disconnect combo or a Proconnect. They allow you to turn off the flow of air from your tank to your valve and take your tank off the gun. They're pretty cheap around $10 http://www.888paintball.com/product_card.asp?ItemNo=15%2D7%2D32%5E+Q%2FD+W%2F+ SL+C

Proconnects run quite a bit more.

So how exactly would I hook this up? With the RT, I have the line that goes into the bottom of the foregrip, with macro from there to the tank output. Where would I put the quick disconnect? What procedure would I use then to disconnect airflow and remove the tank...?

I am ordering it now... I need to be able to disconnect my tank.

Thanks.

ProjectMag
02-24-2002, 10:43 PM
Another on/off option besides the slidecheck/proconnect is the Warped Sportz mini on/off. They retail for around $10 and can be screwed into the output port on your Raptor - i have one on mine. Here's a link: http://www.cepaintball.com/shoppingcart/warped/minion-off.html

subbeh
02-24-2002, 10:46 PM
Oh wow that seems like a much easier option...

Thanks

Predater
02-24-2002, 10:46 PM
a ball valve for air fittings would last longer. But what ever you get, mount it after the 90 or other fitting that you have connected to the reg. I really think you can shut the reg off thow. by screwing the reg nut on the front all the way in.

subbeh
02-24-2002, 10:50 PM
You would think there HAS to be a way right?

Hmmm...

Either way, if I get a disconnect like that I won't have to re-set the reg everytime I want to play, just turn on the gas and go. That alone is worth 10 bucks to me.

ProjectMag
02-24-2002, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by Predater
I really think you can shut the reg off thow. by screwing the reg nut on the front all the way in.

You can shut it off by screwing the adjusting nut all the way out. :) However, you then have to screw it in to the correct pressure every time you want to gas up your marker.

subbeh
02-24-2002, 10:53 PM
I'm guessing all the way in wouldn't be too great for the gun :)

Predater
02-24-2002, 10:58 PM
hay i use a megareg by nitroduck. on that you screw it all the way in. i dont use air america. i just now what i lerned when i was reserching for my first hp tank 3 years ago. and full presure wouldnt hurt the mag valve seing as it is capable of 3K psi.