PDA

View Full Version : Need a specific type of rail

OPBN
09-22-2014, 10:08 PM
I need an ASA mounting rail that does not use a set screw that pushes a ball down putting pressure on the ASA. Instead I need the kind that the set screws spread the sides apart. I used do have one ages ago but forgot who made it. Anyone know who makes these?

UncleStasiu
09-22-2014, 10:46 PM
CP makes them. The Pro Mini Rail definitely works like that: Pro Mini Rail (http://store.customproducts.us/index.cfm?fuseaction=catalog.prodInfo&productID=180&categoryID=2)

I'm not sure if their Rail Drop works the same way, but I like the aesthetics a little better: Rail Drop (http://store.customproducts.us/index.cfm?fuseaction=catalog.prodInfo&productID=6&categoryID=2)

pjdubs
09-22-2014, 11:02 PM
Deadlywind asa rail is like that, smart parts had one that pushed the rail forward about a half inch forward like that

Cyco-Dude
09-22-2014, 11:51 PM
I need an ASA mounting rail that does not use a set screw that pushes a ball down putting pressure on the ASA. Instead I need the kind that the set screws spread the sides apart. I used do have one ages ago but forgot who made it. Anyone know who makes these?

yeah, the cp rails unclestasiu linked and warrior (http://www.ansgear.com/Warrior_Paintball_ASA_Drop_Rails_s/356.htm) come to mind.

OPBN
09-23-2014, 06:05 AM
Thanks guys. Have an NDZ ASA and the ball and screw type doesn't work so well on it. I appreciate the help.

Cyco-Dude
09-23-2014, 07:16 AM
Thanks guys. Have an NDZ ASA and the ball and screw type doesn't work so well on it. I appreciate the help.

wow that's weird...the ndz rails are the ball kind; mine holds ok. i have an older ndz on/off asa and ndz rail with the two balls (because rails are better with two balls... o_O ). is it an ndz rail or some other brand? is it the older style ndz on/off asa or the newer twister style (with the macroline in the center)?

i guess it's moot in the end. here's a tip though; don't over-tighten the grub screws if you get a cp (or similar) style rail. i got a used one that was apparently tightened down so hard, the sides of the rail developed hairline cracks!

OPBN
09-23-2014, 07:51 AM
Honestly I can't remember what rail it is. I bought it almost a year ago and so much crap has moved through here I lost track. I actually think its an NDZ rail. It holds, but with a tank on it, it wobbles a little and when you look at it the rail is barely holding onto the ASA. Doesn't look like it would take much to pop that ASA off the rail. I just think the spreading kind will work better and be more secure. Ordered one of the Warrior ones and hope it gets here before next week.

splat15k
09-23-2014, 08:54 AM
CCM makes a nice one.

OPBN
09-23-2014, 09:11 AM
CCM makes a nice one.

I think that may be what I had before. They are nice, but pretty pricey. Picked up the Warrior one from ANS for $11 shipped. Think it will do the trick.

splat15k
09-23-2014, 09:25 AM
I think that may be what I had before. They are nice, but pretty pricey. Picked up the Warrior one from ANS for $11 shipped. Think it will do the trick.

That'll certainly do! Hard to beat $11 shipped.