PDA

View Full Version : Butterscotch Yo takes 5th in Challenge Park 3-Man

Scooter/Cootie
02-25-2002, 09:07 AM
What a day, what a day. :D The tournament went exrememly well and the weather could not have been much better. We had a blast and did some intense marketing for AGD. Everyone we talked to wanted to see our E-Mags and couldn't beleve how well we were playing with them and the warps.

They had a hugh turnout for teams. I believe they broke a record in attendence with 69 teams participating. Out of those 69 teams that attended at Challenge Park Xtreme on Sunday, we finished in 5th place.

After maxing all 5 of our games in the Prelim's, we took 1st in our division and advanced to the Semi's of 16 teams total.

In the semi's, we played a round robin of 3 games (hopefully they keep this format for the upcoming CPSA series). We maxed our first 2 games in the Semi's (the second game only lasted 30 seconds ;) ) but dropped our last game which knocked us out of the finals (due to some faulty reffing and players playing on after they were hit).

We maxed 7 of 8 games and still didnt make it to the finals. That tells you of the competition that we played against. Good job to everyone who played! ;)

One gripe I had about the day was the complete lack of safety. Check out the photo I attached of the fields. You can see how close the fans were to the fields and there was no netting to protect them from getting shot. Not to mention a few teams shooting paint out in the fields from the staging area. Kind of reminded me of Badlandz.

But we did some nice marketing for AGD and represented all the 'mag owners well. All three of us were shooting E-Mag's with warps. What an attention getter. Not to mention that AGD stickers kept appearing everywhere. Wonder why? ;) Check out the photo of the Challeneg Park logo.

All in all it was a fun day. We played well anf Im happy with the result even though I'm a little diappointed about the final outcome. Not to shabby.

Scooter/Cootie
02-25-2002, 09:08 AM
How'd that sticker get there? :D

Chupas2
02-25-2002, 09:17 AM
I still think the best sticker was place on that kids Cocker. I was able to talk him in to putting one one his gun. It was a fun but muddy and windy day. I'd also like to say that 2 out of the 3 guns didn't break a single ball all day. The other gun only broke because the paint was jamming his warp and it wouldn't feed right so it was chopping balls. All in all a great day.

Mango
02-25-2002, 09:20 AM
Great Job Guys!!! :) REPRESENT!!!! I wish all the AO teams could get together some time and play all day. I would definetly make a drive out to meet, learn from and play with all the great teams on here.

That sticker ROCKS! :p

the123
02-25-2002, 09:22 AM
Good job Butterscotch! NIce to see more people out there spreading the good word of AGD. Good luck in LA!

oneshot
02-25-2002, 09:27 AM
great job, good luck in LA

Chupas2
02-25-2002, 09:35 AM
I keep seeing good luck in LA, but sorry to say we are not playing LA. A few of our team in working the Airgun booth in LA.

the JoKeR
02-25-2002, 10:12 AM
Oh, too bad. Good luck in LA then!

AGD
02-25-2002, 10:50 AM
That's my boys! Great job!!

AGD

damageinc54
02-25-2002, 01:18 PM
Good job Butterscotch :). See you guys in the CPSA. CPX still does not have new netting??? All of it got messed up last year during that nice windstorm we had. Some intelligent employee at CPX left the netting up during the storm. Ripped it up and bent some of the posts. That was back in October. Guess they have not had the time to replace it yet :rolleyes:. I do not care how much they spent on that place, it is poorly run.