PDA

View Full Version : That Darn EMAG Battery!

FiTiRPiLiT
02-25-2002, 09:20 AM
hey, guys. i just got my emag and now i need to get a drop/cradle for it. basically the problem with the emag as you all know is that since it's an electro you have to charge the battery and that means removing it. so the problem lies with the drop forward. if it's long it interferes with the removal of the battery which means you'd have to remove the drop everytime (or get a nw paintball quick disconnect like i had on my last emag, they are okay, but rattle around too much for my taste). if it's too short then it's not really doing its job, that is, to balance the gun properly. okay, so i'm really digging the kapp drop zone 2 because it's long (i have an 88ci tank (see pic)) and because it's very nice looking especially in chrome! my question to you all is can you rotate the arm (not the collar) 90 degrees so that instead of bending downward it bends out to the right? (see pic). that way not only would it not interfere with the battery removal, but it would also better balance my warp and hopper on the left side. has anyone tried this with another drop if it's not possible with the DZII??? thanks.

FiTiRPiLiT
02-25-2002, 09:29 AM
wait, i think i got it!!!!!

Dubstar112
02-25-2002, 09:52 AM
Yeah, drilling some holes in teh drop zone so that it sits off to the side should work pretty good, or you could just cut part of the dovetail on the battery track so that it can slide off with out going down too far.

Chupas2
02-25-2002, 10:04 AM
If you shave down the part you slide it in on you can get you're battery pack off with out taking the drop forward off. I can post a picture of mine if you want to show you what it looks like.

FiTiRPiLiT
02-25-2002, 10:14 AM
sure i'd love to see a pic, that would be swell, but does AGD recommend doing this? i mean the emag was designed that way for a reason, does the battery feel looser after having done that? i would just as soon not physically alter my gun in any way if i can find a work around.

Chupas2
02-25-2002, 10:21 AM
Tom did it to one of our team guns. It feels the same to me. But it's up to you. I'll post the pic about 7 tonight.

Load SM5
02-25-2002, 12:33 PM
All the SFL's have the battery rail milled a bit. I can slide my battery off past my long shocktech drop without problems. The dovetail has been milled off except for 3/4" at the bottom.

mag59459
02-25-2002, 01:16 PM
this might not help you, but i had the same problem w/ my shocktech drop. i fixed it accidentally when i simply put on 2 lock washers because of it coming loose one day.

Goldie D Pimp
02-25-2002, 01:23 PM
Get one of the drop quick disconnects from www.NWPB.net. they are the best investment I've made. All you do is pull the pin and your whole drop/air system comes off. I like it for tourneys when you need to work on your gun and refill with paint, all you have to do is slide your bottle off and send it with the Air B$##$ to go get fills.

They're like 15 or 20... Well worth the price.

gimp
02-25-2002, 01:36 PM
I keep meaning to do this. I was gonna mill off part of the battery rail on the grip frame, but after seeing loads pic, I think I'll mill it out of the battery housing itself. It should be easier, and cheaper if I mess up :) I shouldn't mess up, but you never know.

FiTiRPiLiT
02-25-2002, 01:40 PM
for those of us who don't have access to a mill...how would you suggest going about this? as for the nw paintball quick disconnect, i have used this and it is convenient, but rattles a bit too much for me, the screw gets loose through play and you have to tighten it after (or sometimes during) every game, annoying.

Chupas2
02-25-2002, 01:52 PM
Milling the pack or the trigger frame is fine. we have a gun done each way and can post it later after we get off work. A drumel works great to mill the stuff down. It's a 5 minute job.