PDA

View Full Version : Boa Conceler Barrel

OhMyAMoose
02-25-2002, 05:55 PM
Does anyone remember these barrels? I remember like 4 years ago when people were talking about these things and how they were super quiet. I know that they are not made anymore. Well, are they good barrels? How much would a used one run for these days? I might be able to pick one up and I wanted to know a little about them before I spend the cash. thanks guys.

Tim Jacobitz
02-25-2002, 08:52 PM
i had one for my old tippmann. It was quiet but not any thing to get wild over. If you get a good deal on it buy it to check it out. If you don't like it you can always sell it to a woods player. They are best used in the woods. The sound disapates in the woods more so the wooders tend to like them.

Kaiser Bob
02-25-2002, 10:19 PM
I happen to have one of these barrels and I love it dearly. It does quiet it down a bit, as said before, nothing miraculous, but it is a good performing barrel I'd say on par with my All American barrel. Medium barrel, not a whole lot of porting so its decent on gas. Every so often you have to clean the foam inside but thats no big deal. Overall Id recommend this barrel to have if you can find it, they really stand out and perform quite well. :)

BTW, its a medium bore barrel in case you wanted to know.

-ownage-
02-26-2002, 06:15 PM
i heard they were labeled 'illegal' by the ATF bureau for its replication as a silencer, which is illegal(i think.) i've heard great things about their sound suppresion abilities, but as you said, that was about 4-5 years ago.

Hemlock86
02-26-2002, 06:29 PM
My buddy used to paintbal a few years ago, he was a major MiniMag freak. He used to believe this was the best barrel ever, but things have changed since then.