PDA

View Full Version : Single piece foregrip

MorueM
12-31-2014, 09:09 PM
Friend of mine is building a mag and wanted a custom foregrip, so I offered to make him one. So he came by and told me what he wanted, we made it and since the machine was set, we ran a couple more. Design reminds of CP and CCM.

http://i1212.photobucket.com/albums/cc450/MorueM/Custom/DSC03926_zpsd7c4ccd6.jpg

Intended to replace the vASA and foregrip combo, it's 5" tall as it sits. There's 2" above the angle/milling for custom length cut and custom angle cut. Gas-through and ports also an option, it's only drilled from the bottom right now. I expect to finish those to buyer's specs and requests, so this would be sold as a finished product.

Wondering how much would people pay for something like this and if there's interest in a product like that. Thanx

keiko_819
12-31-2014, 10:25 PM
Looks nice and clean, I would wan one but it would need to be shorter, that looks like too much area at the top, how much longer then a intelliframe is it?

MorueM
12-31-2014, 10:32 PM
The angled area with the 6 milled "slots" is 3" long, and the top straight part is 2" long. Straight OD is 31/32" and smaller bottom part OD is 3/4". My idea is to offer custom length and angle, that's why the top is long and unfinished.

knownothingmags
12-31-2014, 10:32 PM
Looks nice and clean, I would wan one but it would need to be shorter, that looks like too much area at the top, how much longer then a intelliframe is it?

1" or so

MorueM
12-31-2014, 10:41 PM
How tall is the intelliframe, most frame I've seen are between 4"1/8 and 4"3/4.

mikeyr44444
01-01-2015, 10:17 AM
I'd be interested in an angled gas through version, let me know what you'd like for one.

ScottyBeans
01-01-2015, 11:03 AM
I'd buy one in the 15-25 range raw and up to 35 if annod gloss black. Higher and I'd probably pass. Looks awesome!

MorueM
01-01-2015, 01:22 PM
I would offer them raw, I have to give a 2nd chance to my local anodizer before having him do parts for clients.

Thank you for the price range idea. $15 is low for me, $25 would be more like it, but that's the kind of feedback I'm looking for here.

barkingspider
01-01-2015, 06:53 PM
I would offer them raw, I have to give a 2nd chance to my local anodizer before having him do parts for clients.

Thank you for the price range idea. $15 is low for me, $25 would be more like it, but that's the kind of feedback I'm looking for here.

Dido for the angled interest

I didn't see if this was for winged or wingless rails?

MorueM
01-01-2015, 09:25 PM
Top of those is unfinished exactly for this purpose, give the choice to the customer. The one made for my friend was wingless, he's putting it on a Phoenix build. I need to find specs for the wings though. But pretty much anything is possible and I would finish them to the buyer's preferences.

barkingspider
01-01-2015, 09:53 PM
Top of those is unfinished exactly for this purpose, give the choice to the customer. The one made for my friend was wingless, he's putting it on a Phoenix build. I need to find specs for the wings though. But pretty much anything is possible and I would finish them to the buyer's preferences.

:clap:

ScottyBeans
01-02-2015, 09:20 AM

No problem at all, yeah I didn't see anyone else dropping ideas for numbers so I figured I'd throw some out. Good luck with the project man I hope everything works out.

zulubravo44
01-02-2015, 09:30 AM
I'd do 20 for raw, maybe with milling options each an additional 2.50 each (angle, wings, etc.)

Then maybe add another 10 for gas thru. and 5-10 for anno. So an 15° gas through milled for wings would be in the $40 range, while a straight winged raw foregrip would be more like $22.50.

bowcycle
01-02-2015, 09:45 AM
If I were you, I would not get into the anno thing at all.
Read through almost every one of the dealer threads and anno is almost always what slows down the whole thing. Then, there are different types of the "same" anno. (see the CCM vs CP dust black conversation for cougar's frames)

Just do a good job on production, sell them affordably, and let people do their own anno. I'm guessing this is why Luke offers most of his parts raw.

magman313
01-02-2015, 09:51 AM
25 to 35 would be a reasonable range and you can count me in for one

MorueM
01-02-2015, 12:55 PM
Ok, I will put up a for sale thread. They will be raw. And finished to customer's choice. Can someone point me toward winged rail specs, in case I need it?