PDA

View Full Version : steel adjustable air tank?

MantisMag
02-25-2002, 11:15 PM
i got a 68/3000 stubby. i think it's making the trigger pull on my retro a bit stiff. i'm looking into buying an adjustable tank. any suggestions for cheap but decent tanks?

Drizit
02-26-2002, 12:07 AM
if you want to cut it back a bit you could through a thor reg on it. or any other secondary reg for that matter, however it will bring you down to about 650 psi input and that's about the min. you need to still have 200 psi accross the mag reg.

if you want adjustible then the MaxFlow is one of the nicest systems i have ever had in my hands. i however have never used a flatline.

davej946
02-26-2002, 07:47 AM
Two words for you:

FLAT LINE

I picked up a 47ci 3000psi steel tank from eBay. Awesome. I highly recommend the flatline. The 68ci tanks are fiber wrapped, but if you can find a 47, those are steel (at least mine is...)

Later ~

Drizit
02-26-2002, 09:14 AM
i don't think AGD ever put out a steel version of the flat line. you can however toss a reg on any tank you want. infact mantis if you can find a flatline reg without a tank you can have it mounted on your tank.

cphilip
02-26-2002, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by Drizit
i don't think AGD ever put out a steel version of the flat line.

Yes! They did in the 47ci. It is metal not sure if its Steel or Aluminum. The 68ci and above are fiber wrapped .

Tim Jacobitz
02-26-2002, 12:23 PM
the 47ci flatlines are steel

MantisMag
02-26-2002, 03:05 PM
ooooo. i forgot i could just switch the reg. thanks drizit! thanks to everybody else too. seems if i want a non fiber wrapped adjustable tank i have to get a 47ci. i'll look into it. probably just mount a new reg on there though. :cool:

subbeh
02-26-2002, 03:14 PM
As far as I know AGD will only let extremely qualified airsmiths switch the flatline regs over to other tanks, and with the cost it might just be better to buy one.

Where in the heck would you find a flatline reg, anyway?

MantisMag
02-26-2002, 04:01 PM
doooh. ok. what about crossfire? do they make an adjustable reg?

are aci bulldogs any good? they're real cheap. i could go buy one right now with the cash i've got on me. :p

getting a secondary reg would be bad because it would cause shootdown. right? i'm pretty sure i read that somewhere on here.

MantisMag
02-26-2002, 04:28 PM
i was primarily concerned about durability when i asked for steel tanks. i'm looking at the Lok Sok skins. do they completely cover the tank? i may get one of those and put it on a fiber wrapped tank then.

Exodus
02-26-2002, 04:34 PM
about the secondary reg. i dont like to cheap unless i have to. you can get a max flow tank reg installed as a secondary, it would be rather pricey but they are the nicest regs out there.

Drizit
02-27-2002, 09:49 AM
stay away from the lok soks they offer no protection for your tank. if you hit the end it's better then nothing but in reality they still won't do much, also the don't cover any of the center part. you are much better off with a 3mm or thicker neopriene tank cover. also even though steel tanks can take a bit more abuse when they go there's a good chance it will kill you. take a look at http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=58893

a fiber wrap tank is designed so that if the inside tank ruptures the gas can seep out through the wrapping and you won't get hit with shrapnel.

bushjumper
02-27-2002, 12:36 PM
the 47ci tanks are aluminum.