PDA

View Full Version : Will a Z-Grip fit and work on a Micromag 2000?

njm246
02-05-2015, 10:42 AM
Will a Z-Grip fit and work on a Micromag 2000?

I have always wanted a Z - Grip, but i have never seen on on a Micro 2000.

2nd question - Which frame do people prefer, the Inteli, Y, Z? interested in your thoughts.

captian pinky
02-05-2015, 11:13 AM
yes it will. you will need a foregrip extender if you plan to use a zgrip and a foregrip. the y grip will not require a grip extender.

it is personal preference honestly.

zulubravo44
02-05-2015, 12:03 PM
2nd question - Which frame do people prefer, the Inteli, Y, Z? interested in your thoughts.

Never tried a Z. I have a Y, and it's a bit weird. I'm not sure if it's specific to one generation or another, but the back side of the handle is really boxy compared to that of an Intelli. It makes the grip a bit uncomfortable. Let me know if you're in the market, as I've switched back to Intellis.

C_losjoker
02-05-2015, 01:42 PM
You will also need to have the wings milled off so it sits flat on your micromag.

OPBN
02-05-2015, 03:16 PM
You will also need to have the wings milled off so it sits flat on your micromag.

That's what I thought, but wasn't sure and too lazy to remember. Checking this out though, it appears winged frames will not fit MM2k bodies.

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?265746-Pro-Team-Products-MicroMag-Identification-Guide-Generations-Features-amp-Specs

If you do decide to try a Zgrip, I would attempt to find one already cut or factory milled.