PDA

View Full Version : What's an valve-less eMag worth?

ideinit
02-13-2015, 06:32 PM
Hi all,

I am going to build an eMag as my side project... I am wondering what should I expect for body and the lowers? I already have a X-Valve that I'll be putting in it, so I don't need a valve (it works in eMag, right?). Also does ULT work with emag, or do I need the original trigger pin? Are there anything I need to be aware of?

Thanks!

SummaryJudgement
02-13-2015, 07:35 PM
Good E-mag lowers will be around $300 if they're in real nice shape. Milled batt packs can add a little extra.

ULT will not work in an E-mag setup with an X-valve. You will need an E-mag on/off assembly regardless of whether you use it in mech or E mode. The E-mag uses a completely different sear axle assembly than a "standard mech" type of mag. X-valves work in E-mags with an E-mag on/off assembly.

Body cost will come down to what you buy. ULE bodies are $100-$140 depending on quality. A DeadlyWind body (Chord, Dallara, Karta) around $300, likewise for XMTs Shockwaves, Rippers ($250ish), or Phoenix ($250ish).

Nobody
02-13-2015, 08:22 PM
It's quite simply a some of its parts. The prices above are pretty right on. Look around and see what is out there.

Cyco-Dude
02-13-2015, 08:37 PM
it depends...what body does it have? what condition is it in? does it have an asa, and if so, what kind? what barrel does it have? does it include a charger? does the board work? does the battery hold a charge?

assuming it includes a charger, the board works, the battery holds a charge, it has a stock barrel and stainless body, with a typical on/off asa, all in decent condition, i would not pay more than $300 shipped.

SummaryJudgement
02-13-2015, 09:11 PM
it depends...what body does it have? what condition is it in? does it have an asa, and if so, what kind? what barrel does it have? does it include a charger? does the board work? does the battery hold a charge?

assuming it includes a charger, the board works, the battery holds a charge, it has a stock barrel and stainless body, with a typical on/off asa, all in decent condition, i would not pay more than $300 shipped.

For a "complete" E-mag? That seams really low to me. Especially if you're including a charger base and power cord, those go for around $80 for both if you get a real decent deal. I was selling spare charger bases for $75 when I had a bunch. I would value real good condition lowers by themselves (working board and good battery) at around $300. And I'm thinking stock trigger and batt pack. Stainless bodies aren't worth much these days (maybe 80ish if in great shape) and "stock" barrels fall into the non-insert/non-adjustable length barrel world around $50 I'd think. $300 for a complete E-mag including shipping would be a hell of a deal if you could find it in my opinion.

swe_crazy
02-14-2015, 02:56 AM
oh well Cyco-Dude actually said He would not would pay more than $ 300 shipped. He has bad economy because he bought a lot with automags and parts that I wanted. He likes cheap automags and ... cheap ladies Muhagagaga!;):D

OPBN
02-14-2015, 01:08 PM
I think CD is talking about a valveless Emag with a SS body. If so, I would agree on about $300. Non-ULE Emag lowers without XMod etc really should only be selling in the $2-250 range. ULE lowers with Xmod, new battery, etc may be in the $350 range, but even that is probably high in the current market. Of course there are always exceptions to the rule.

Cyco-Dude
02-14-2015, 04:51 PM
For a "complete" E-mag?
...complete minus the valve. valves are $100+.

oh, the last two emags i have bought were in the $300 range, but they did needs parts / work to get them up to spec. fortunately the battery / boards were ok. and someone sold a complete emag on ebay for like $60, i kid you not!!! crazy...

ideinit
02-16-2015, 12:20 PM
Thanks everyone for the inputs. Since I am noob when it comes to eMags, they were all very valuable. Hopefully I can scrape enough money to put together an eMag soon!