PDA

View Full Version : Micro vs. Macro

KiXiLe
02-26-2002, 12:37 AM
I am need to put some air on my Nickel Micro-Emag :cool: :cool: and want to know whether to go with macro or micro or stainless steel fittings. It will be using an unregulated, preset HPA tank (68/3k) on a drop forward.

I am basically looking for reliability and cool looks. So I want to avoid steel braid if at all possible and use micro or macro.

Thanks!

headcase
02-26-2002, 07:57 AM
Well if want to stay away from the Steel Braided, go with the Macro. The Micro just doesn't pass enough air threw it, and has the potential to starve the valve.

soilent green
02-26-2002, 09:37 AM
don't go with micro its got low air flow and low burst pressure if you must go with macro it is way better but you can't beat ss braided for reliability and air flow if you use SSB you need a QD at the valve macro you won't but stay away from micro

mykroft
02-26-2002, 10:11 AM
Go SS Braid, especially if you are using a preset tank. SS Braid is rated at 1500psi or higher (Burst pressure is 3x rated), while micro is rarely over 300psi, and macro is 500-750psi (250 for Shocker Macro). Also Quick Disconnects for SS Braid are far more reliable than the press fittings used for Macro/Microline, expect to have to trim your macro after disconnecting them 10-15 times. While the colours of Macro look cool, the safety of SS Braid is more than worth the steely looks. An SS looks better IMHO.

I've had Macro blow up in my face under normal conditions. The only time I've ever seen SS fail, was on a rental in questionable condition, left in the sun for 1/2 hour in 35 deg C temperatures, when the fitting (Not the hose) failed.

soilent green
02-26-2002, 11:17 AM
I agree with mykroft ss is much safer

2UnREal
02-26-2002, 05:54 PM
Plus when you put pressure on the Macro lines they tend to leak. When I say put pressure on them I mean like contort the hoses. With SS, it never leaks with a proper amount of teflon.

Exodus
02-26-2002, 09:22 PM
i have used micro for the last 5 yrs with no problems. i have run co2 and nitro (max-flow and bulldog) and have yet to have it break. i personly would suggest SSB over anything.

EnW
02-26-2002, 09:29 PM
I love my macro line...I have been using it for a while with no troubles. It is a lot easier to work with than stainless.
If you ever decide to use co2 and macro or micro...I would suggest keeping a gassed up gun out of the hot sun. I have seen several lines burst from that combination!