PDA

View Full Version : Speedball Movie Kickstarter

Dayspring
02-17-2015, 12:57 PM
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/141876467/first-feature-film-about-the-sport-of-paintball-is?ref=nav_search

Looks like a good effort - let's see how it funds over the next 30 days.

zulubravo44
02-17-2015, 01:03 PM
Anyone have 4 grand to spare? We could maybe convince them to integrate a line about how 'mags have always been superior to cockers, then and now. You know, settle the debate once and for all.

Nobody
02-17-2015, 01:07 PM
The dreams of making a paintball centric movie. I will say that the rewards for any donations is very good for a low budget film.

cockerpunk
02-17-2015, 01:34 PM
so if they are already shooting or have shot it ... we would be paying for the publicity?

#yeahno

Nobody
02-17-2015, 01:39 PM
so if they are already shooting or have shot it ... we would be paying for the publicity?

#yeahno

No. Since there are opportunities to get speaking parts, and product placement would mean that the movie is at least in Preproduction. But what do i know...

cockerpunk
02-17-2015, 01:46 PM
No. Since there are opportunities to get speaking parts, and product placement would mean that the movie is at least in Preproduction. But what do i know...

adding second unit style misc playing shots and such is pretty easy easy to do even long after the primary story is shot.

can't help but think, if they can shoot the basics of the movie, and can't shop that around for a studio to pitch in a 100 grand to finish off, promote it, etc, i have my doubts as to the movies quality, or the usefulness of the kickstarter.

SummaryJudgement
02-17-2015, 02:14 PM
The dreams of making a paintball centric movie. I will say that the rewards for any donations is very good for a low budget film.

Agreed. Wish there was more excitement or appreciation for the sport, but it is very heavily product driven, massive egos, unfortunately cheating and biased opinions, and a governing body likened to medieval Europe.

luke
02-17-2015, 02:20 PM
so we would be paying for the publicity?

#yeahno

It says right at the top, second paragraph they need money to promote the movie.

cockerpunk
02-17-2015, 02:23 PM
It says right at the top, second paragraph they need money to promote the movie.

exactly.

Nobody
02-17-2015, 02:28 PM

Sssshhhhh, don't say the the poster got it wrong or even didn't read it all the way through. Cause i missed it, but i'd admit to it.

luke
02-17-2015, 02:39 PM
exactly.

Exactly what? The question mark indicates you're unclear about why the money is being raised, if it was a comment about them raising money for advertising you could have chosen a different punctuation mark to explain your thoughts or emotions.

cockerpunk
02-17-2015, 02:45 PM
Exactly what? The question make indicates you are unclear about why the money is being raised, if it was a comment about them raising money for advertising you could have chosen a different punctuation mark to explain you thoughts or emotions.

i am unclear why the money is being raised, while understanding that they want it for publicity and to finish off the last details of the movie. it is a puzzling move at best, a near scam at worst.

100 grand is not a lot of money in the movie making world. certainly not enough to make a decent movie out of. and that they need to come to a bunch of folks who have no involvement with the movie to plead for an advertising budget for the movie is IMO, a ridiculous move, and shows that they can't get the money elsewhere, which does not reflect well on the quality of the movie being promoted. if it was a good movie, with such wide appeal (as they claim), then finding someone to promote it, who has seen it (or at least some of it), should be pretty easy. one wonders where they got the money to make most of the movie in the first place, if no one would also pay to promote the thing. all of it points to this not being a good investment IMO.

going_home
02-18-2015, 05:01 AM
For 3k you can get your marker used in the film !

(says production starts June 2015)

;)

snoopay700
02-19-2015, 01:08 PM
Really, we can't even have certain people post in a thread now without it becoming a fiasco? Let's be civil here, even if there is bad blood.

As far as the movie, I honestly don't see the benefit. Every single attempt at making a non-documentary sports film or a film that's not "based on true events" has just been ridiculous, and given the low budget nature of this, to the point that they need funding to promote the film, makes it seem like it won't be a good film for anyone, especially those who like the sport. I'm actually more floored that the average contribution from the backers has been $300.

Edit: I just read the synopsis for the movie, and I have to say it sounds like it will be bad. I do't mean The Fast and the Furious bad, I mean Street Racer bad.

zulubravo44
02-21-2015, 07:57 AM
For 3k you can get your marker used in the film !

(says production starts June 2015)

;)

Got 3K and an old Brass Eagle Talon? Call it vandalism by charity :P