PDA

View Full Version : Angel IR3 vs. Extreme E-mag

AngelBoy
02-26-2002, 06:13 AM
Honest answers only. I am expecting a very biased poll, but if you put IR3 or "other", tell me why.

liigod
02-26-2002, 08:53 AM
Sandridge Force 5

Manuel_FZR
02-26-2002, 09:21 AM
I voted for the Xtreme ... because I think, itīs the best marker on the planet - but thatīs all personal preferences. Also I think, the ir3 is a verry good marker; but I prefer the Xtreme.

RoadDawg
02-26-2002, 01:30 PM
I said the Xtreme cause who needs the fancy things that the angel has to offer for hundreds more. Well from the original emag anyway.

Motomaz
02-26-2002, 01:43 PM
I just gotta say that how can u make a poll about whos gun is better on AGD website. U can't really do that even if the Xtream E-mag was better. Every poll that I have ever seen on this website that has to do with a gun poll including AGD gun in it has one. Not to knock any gun maker in here but I just don't think that it's that fair to do!

Cliffio
02-26-2002, 01:50 PM
Neither gun has been shot by the majority of people on this website therefore any answers you get on this poll will be shots in the dark

extremes have NOT been sent to the us yet, i dont believe or at least not in large quantaties

Ir3s havent been shipped out in large quantaties either

therefore this poll really has no meaning
except to make all you mag owners feel better about yourselves and your guns being of AGD birth

RSUAVE911
02-26-2002, 02:05 PM
this poll is so bogus...The extremes are not in production, so no one knows. And I do not think a lot of people shot the IR3s.

Cliffio
02-26-2002, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by RSUAVE911
this poll is so bogus...The extremes are not in production, so no one knows. And I do not think a lot of people shot the IR3s.

exactly, see my post:)

holla
Cliff

RSUAVE911
02-26-2002, 02:13 PM
sorry dude,

I just saw the title and hit reply, I did not bother seeing peoples response because I thought they would all be extreme or IR3.

Cliffio
02-26-2002, 02:42 PM
no i agree

i just thought that this post is stroking everyone automag ego

thats all

holla
CLiff

zekewh
02-26-2002, 04:47 PM
I have gotten a chance to see and shoot the IR3, very very nice of equipment. The extreme, who would know other than Tom or some other AGD staff. I agree cliffo.

FooTemps
02-26-2002, 05:05 PM
Haven't shot either so I wouldn't know. It's kinda unreasonable having a poll on one unreleased product and one BARELY in production product that is available in LIMITED numbers...

RSUAVE911
02-26-2002, 05:06 PM
FOO,

Lemme guess, you didn't read any of the other post either?

GallagherAtWar
02-26-2002, 05:55 PM
the new angel looks sooo cool

why whould any 1 pick the emag over the ir3??

I wish i had the money for that type of gun!!

nutz
02-26-2002, 06:07 PM
ive shoot toms blue extreme and let me tell u a thing or 2... this thing was soooooo sweet... even on just manual the thing could rip and it was also amazingly light... at bbt i compared the weight of the sfl to my emag and the SFL weighs as much as my emag with no valve in it... thats like a full pound... imagine how much the extreme cNc will weigh now...

extremes are very very nice guns... i have not had the chance to get my hands on an ir3 yet :D

FooTemps
02-26-2002, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by RSUAVE911
FOO,

Lemme guess, you didn't read any of the other post either?

Why bother? The title is self expainitory.

Thordic
02-27-2002, 08:15 AM
I've shot an extreme, its very nice. Not all of us have no experience here :)

Mag pusher
02-28-2002, 06:29 PM
To all you guys wondering about the XTREME, any questions you might have you can post to me or to "sunrise", Our team has got seven xtremes both with center and warp feed

www.harmless.no

Predater
02-28-2002, 06:46 PM
i voted other. the ematrix will shoot very fast and is a good relyable gun and is a lot cheeper than both of the others. I have played with one and compared it to a 2001 angel that was also tricked out so i know it is worth it. ill keep my rt thow. im not big on electro guns.

steph3nlim
02-28-2002, 11:18 PM
you know what honestly. I voted Timmy.. lol yes timmyy

the thing is, this is an automag forum. Obviously more people will for the extreme

mykroft
03-04-2002, 11:33 AM
Well, the extreme is going to shoot the same as an E-Mag, the difference is primarily weight. I can't stand the IR3, it's got the most uncomfortable grip I've ever held, worse than the M-16 style grip on old Spyders. I voted other, as I don't like the Spring-less trigger on the E-Mag (I like it in Retro mode just fine though), I prefer a Matrix or Bushy personally.

synreal
03-04-2002, 11:56 AM
i have to disagree, while im not giving up my emag any time soon, the ir3 has a rather comfy grip (big, but still comfy)

i'm gonna reserve judgement on the marker til after they hack off the lower finger guard, but i must admit that the satin orange model they had at wdp booth at skyball looked really slick.

Temo Vryce
03-04-2002, 01:42 PM
I voted for the Extreme because I am baised. Although I will say that I do like the trigger on the IR3, not the frame, just the trigger. You would have to try one to understand why.

jah871
10-22-2002, 05:19 AM
i have shot a blue xtreme and that thing was awesome. the setup with halob and 4500 flatline was amazingly light. i held an IR3 at my local store yesteday and i didnt really like the feel of but thats just me. if i were you i would definately get an xtreme.

boomerfoxtrot
10-22-2002, 06:11 AM
I think some of you are silly...

sure this poll is going to lean to ADG... but for the most part we have seen or read reviews on BOTH guns! '

the poll said, IR3 or Extreme ....

kinda like... what car do you think is better... do you have to own the car to have input of value? no... I've seen plently of reviews on both guns... and personally... I like the extreme.. it's faster, and you never have to worry about power during a game....
Although, I do really like the fly ir3... cause it's small and compact... but I'm going to stay with extreme untill I see something about them that I don't like...

both are great guns, I've shot an ir3, but not an extreme... =[

Mr Pink
10-22-2002, 07:00 AM
Well I own an Extreme CnC and have played with a mates IR3, They're both very nice to play with, accuracy is about equal as is weight (without warp), I prefer the trigger on the 'Mag but the IR3's grip is fantastic! It really tucks your shoulder in and feels really comfy.

Can we get IR3-style Grip frames for 'Mags? (Not the Z-grip, too far forward)-That would tip the balance away from the Baboon (I R Baboon - Geddit?)

shartley
10-22-2002, 07:30 AM
Originally posted by boomerfoxtrot
I think some of you are silly...

sure this poll is going to lean to ADG... but for the most part we have seen or read reviews on BOTH guns! '

the poll said, IR3 or Extreme ....

kinda like... what car do you think is better... do you have to own the car to have input of value? no... I've seen plently of reviews on both guns...
I was thinking the exact same thing. Want a good example of this? Just visit the Friendly Corner and all the Car Threads. ;)

I think the better marker is simply the one that gives the individual owner what they want… period. Both the IR3 and the Extreme are great markers.

2000Sabre
10-22-2002, 07:46 AM
I owned an SFL E-Mag and still own a C&C IR3 although it's not exactly an Extreme it's close enough. I just sold my SFL because I personally like the IR3 bettter. I found I could pull the trigger much quicker and like some of the convenience features of the IR3 over the features found in the SFL. Both shot great and have equal "wow" appeal on the field. It really comes down to personal preference

ogre55
10-22-2002, 08:04 AM
I have the cash for an IR3. I think the IR3 is an excellant marker. But I'll wait for the Xmag.

Both markers have some form of electronic anti-chop device (ACE/COPS). Which, at the speeds that electros are capable of shooting, is imperative.

As for why I am waiting for an Extreme? While I don't care about the weight, (I played with a PMI-3 for 5 years and was able to shoot it one handed if I had to, but I like the feel of 'Mags. Maybe it's just familiarity.

Also, I know my way around 'Mags, at least better than Angels.

Most importantly, however, the Xmag will have two features that no other marker has. A level 10 bolt and the ability to be used in pure mechanical mode. As for all the added features on IR3's electronics, I see no point to them.

Just one player's opinion.

Ogre

paul2415
10-22-2002, 09:00 AM
HI- I HAVE A E-MAG EXTREME C&C RUNNING ON ANGEL A.I.R ALSO I HAVE A IR3 C&C ALSO RUNNING ON ANGEL A.I.R, AND A SANDRIDGE F5 COCKER ALSO ON ANGEL A.I.R .THE EXTREME IS NICE,FAST,LIGHT,ONLY RUN ON HYBRID SOOOOO FAST.HAS PROBLEMS WITH LEVEL 10 KIT,DOES BREAK PAINT,FED WITH A HALO B.THE IR3 IS NEW AT THE MOMENT,BUT IS LIGHT,FAST & RELIABLE,NOT AS COMFY AS THE EXTREME.THE SANDRIDGE,I LOVE,RANGE,SPEED,RELIABLE,SLIGHTLY HEAVY.SO WHAT WOULD I HAVE IF I COULD ONLY HAVE ONE,PROBALLY THE EXTREME BUT IT IS EARLY DAYS YET.IF THEY BAN THE HYBRID MODE I WOULD SELL IT & GO TO THE COCKER & IR3.HOPE THIS HELPS.:D :D :D :D :D

shartley
10-22-2002, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by paul2415
HI- I HAVE A E-MAG EXTREME C&C RUNNING ON ANGEL A.I.R ALSO I HAVE A IR3 C&C ALSO RUNNING ON ANGEL A.I.R, AND A SANDRIDGE F5 COCKER ALSO ON ANGEL A.I.R .THE EXTREME IS NICE,FAST,LIGHT,ONLY RUN ON HYBRID SOOOOO FAST.HAS PROBLEMS WITH LEVEL 10 KIT,DOES BREAK PAINT,FED WITH A HALO B.THE IR3 IS NEW AT THE MOMENT,BUT IS LIGHT,FAST & RELIABLE,NOT AS COMFY AS THE EXTREME.THE SANDRIDGE,I LOVE,RANGE,SPEED,RELIABLE,SLIGHTLY HEAVY.SO WHAT WOULD I HAVE IF I COULD ONLY HAVE ONE,PROBALLY THE EXTREME BUT IT IS EARLY DAYS YET.IF THEY BAN THE HYBRID MODE I WOULD SELL IT & GO TO THE COCKER & IR3.HOPE THIS HELPS.:D :D :D :D :D
Hi! Using all CAPS is considered rude online (not to mention it makes reading harder).... just thought you would like to know. ;)

If you still have a problem with the LX breaking paint, you don't have it set up right, sorry. Yes, it still breaks paint at times (usually under very odd conditions or REALLY bad paint), but for normal use, if it breaks paint it is setup error. I hope you get your setup fixed. :)

ben_JD
10-22-2002, 09:39 AM
I have shot the IR3 (pretty nice), but ordered the Extreme. My vote was with my many dollars and it was for the Extreme.

RamboPreacher
10-22-2002, 09:52 AM
I voted for the mag, but for only one personal reason - you can use it if the batteries are dead (right?).

I have owned and shot lots of angels, though not an IR3, so can't make true judgement call.

I have been "out of the mag-scene" for a decade so refrain from amaking a judgement call there too.

for me it has to do with personal preference, the budget issue isn't. (nor should it be with people that can afford markers at these prices)

loren
10-22-2002, 10:16 AM
i voted extreme cause i like the performace of emags better, and the fact that you can get the lvl 10 makes the emag extremely good. Also the many differendt styles of feed you can choose from with an emag.

loren
10-22-2002, 10:21 AM
i voted extreme cause i like the performace of emags better, and the fact that you can get the lvl 10 makes the emag extremely good. Also the many differendt styles of feed you can choose from with an emag.

CRASHKING
10-22-2002, 02:28 PM
i also voted extreme.

i like the look of it alot better IMO.

it has a stronger battery in it so that you can run everything off of that battery.

you can change the feed type(warp,verticle,etc) easier,& cheaper than other markers

it takes cocker threads(many varieties of barrels for the cocker)

3 different gun modes.(electric,hybrid,mech)

and pointed out in another thread it wont be able to chop in any fire mode. in elec/hybrid you have ace and lx working for you. when your batts die then you have you mech mode and you lx.

the extreme would be the way to go IMO. you really dont have to even think about chopping with this marker.

i wish i had the money to purchase one of these but, i have to think about buying my second car(truck) before my senior year. luckily i have 2 years. hopefully i will be able to purchse one in the future but i highly doubt it unless i win the lotto(well my mom) then i might have to buy one for each day of the week :D o well i thought i would give you my opinion

EnderWigginPballin
10-22-2002, 05:48 PM
I've shot an IR3, and held both an Xtreme and an SFL.

the IR3 was so insanely comfortable to me. It was just perfect with the way I hold my gun. But I haven't been playing long enough with one type of gun to completely imprint on that like some of you more experienced Mag users.

so my vote goes... other. Closed bolt is so cool

boomerfoxtrot
10-23-2002, 06:40 AM
Originally posted by paul2415
HI- I HAVE A E-MAG EXTREME C&C RUNNING ON ANGEL A.I.R ALSO I HAVE A IR3 C&C ALSO RUNNING ON ANGEL A.I.R, AND A SANDRIDGE F5 COCKER ALSO ON ANGEL A.I.R .
damn.. want to send me some $$ so I can get another gun too!!???!!!
lol....

Oregon_pb_
10-23-2002, 08:44 AM
I clicked other, i mean come on, you can't rank an Extreme emag or IR3 over the traccer pump. I mean really, what were you all thinking?

surfer134
10-23-2002, 11:15 AM
i have shot a ir3 and a emag with lx never a extreme but i like my trix better than both

PaintballSucka
10-23-2002, 11:53 AM
i dont see why people come to AUTOMAGS.org and ask you to chose over ANGELS OR E-MAGS, wtf do u think the answer is gonna be?

E==Mag MAN
10-23-2002, 12:57 PM
First off you say "most of us" dont have experience shooting the new Extremes well.... All it is, is a emag with a nicer body a little lighter and a anti chop eye. So whats the big difference over a old emag?????? Nothing a antichop eye so how is it different? you cant tell if you have a anti chop unless you CHOP. So anyone who has shot a emag with level 10 then they have shot a new xtreme dont be so ignorant because someone wanted to post a poll they didnt need you guys to flame him.