PDA

View Full Version : Lapco Bigshot on Mag...

Skoad
02-26-2002, 10:43 AM
anyone have this setup on a classic mag?
i was thinking about getting one because i hear they are a very good barrel for the money, and i don't have much money :)

if you use one plz tell me what kinda paint ya shoot in it
thx

-Skoad

oh and if u know of a barrel that is less than about $80 and is great make a recommendation :P

FatMan
02-26-2002, 12:30 PM
I don't have a Lapco Bigshot - I do have a Lapco Autospirit. I know others who have a Bigshot. I'd have one, but I decided to get a Freak.

Lapco makes great barrels, and the price is right. If you shoot big paint, the Bigshot is a great barrel. If you shoot small paint the Autospirit is a great barrel. If you shoot in-between paint, the Dye 12" Aluminum is a great barrel, all of them for under $80.

If I were a rec player, I'd probably want the Dye and the Bigshot - don't usually see really small paint except at a really high price. When I played tourney we shot Pro-Ball Platinum, and that was excellent in the Autospirit.

I used my Dye more than anything (before the Freak) and a Smart Parts 14" for big paint, but if I had it to do over again I'd do the Lapco.

Finally, stick to aluminum - the steel isn't worth the cost or weight.

FatMan

Snewk
02-26-2002, 12:50 PM
i havent seen a bigshot on a mag, a m98 yes. it was shooting pretty good using marbalizer on co2 so im sure on a mag running nitro it would be as good or better.

311automag
02-26-2002, 02:28 PM
i have a bigshot on my mag. they are extremely good barrels for the price. i shoot zap pro-series and performance plus which seems to work very well.