PDA

View Full Version : It has been decided. . . . . . .

Magic37220
02-26-2002, 01:27 PM
My next gun will be the new AKALMP Viking. I've checked out the specs, looks very promising! Basically a open-bolt model of the Excalibur and they say it even operates at a lower pressure than its predacessor. Same body. I've seen a few videos of it in action and MAN that thing rips. Supposedly the bolt bounces of a half-loaded ball, something uncommom in open bolt blowbacks. I'd like to see some opinions on this gun, and I'll post the video links later on tonight.

PS: If anyone can find me a store that sells Vikings thats non-Canadian, I'd really appreciate it!

paint king
02-26-2002, 02:32 PM
I wanna see that site.

Tim Jacobitz
02-26-2002, 02:46 PM
I don't know about bouncing off the ball but if it is any thing like my excalibur it will stop on a ball with out breaking it. It will be a very good investment.

Tim Jacobitz
02-26-2002, 02:47 PM
www.akalmp.com

It taks some looking but they have videos on their web site.

magmonkey
02-26-2002, 03:32 PM
I played around with the viking at the aka table at the cup it seems like a nice piece
I really like the excal and if I wanted another high end gun that would probably be it but I like my emag WAYYYYY too much

Magic37220
02-26-2002, 06:36 PM
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=62336

^
Check out the videos!

Steven
02-26-2002, 09:42 PM
Yea gotta love what they say about the mag...

"The AutoMag is a good rec. play gun. Made from stainless it will last a long time without heavy maintenance. However the design has a few flaws, one of which is the on-off. Being a blow forward gun it is a short to medium range gun. It's a good beginners gun."

Arman/XPM
02-26-2002, 10:00 PM
The Viking is very promising!
From all the good things said about it. And my conversations with several AKA tech's and factory sponsored teammembers - the Viking is well worth the $775! Only thing that is different than the Excalibur is the single solenoid - open bolt design. Almost all the rest is identical.
-Arman

Tim Jacobitz
02-27-2002, 12:02 AM
armain don't take it personal but i think you are a fool for getting rid of you excal. I got one and now i just want another. Yours is very nice too. how much did you get for it?

Arman/XPM
02-27-2002, 09:53 PM
Tim
Lol - I traded it for a Lockout Freeflow with Boxxer Milling.:D
-Arman

Tim Jacobitz
02-28-2002, 09:27 AM
are you kidding please tell me you got a good barrel and a tank with the deal.