PDA

View Full Version : Retro Valve Snapshots?

Ripcal
02-26-2002, 03:52 PM
Okay,

This concerns the effectiveness of the Retro Valve on snapshooting. Now, AGD wants you to take your velocity while firing a couple of rounds during chronoing. Now, this is done because the RV doesnt reach peak velocity till in the middle of burst fire, Correct? Then doesnt this eliminate the process of snapshooting ( usually a single shot.)
I love to snap shoot, and know that action of the RV, during speedball will be highly effective, but the single, out of the blue shots, will they have as much velocity as if I was firing many shots. Velocity will greatly have an effect on how far the ball travels, so if there is lack there of, the snapshot will not go far, correct?

I do not personally own a Mag, or a Retro Valve, but I am looking deeply into them, and when I read the chronoing, I put 2 and 2 together. Please only Retro Valve Mag OWNERS give feedback if your snapshots are effective, and or feedback on this subject.

Ripcal

synreal
02-26-2002, 04:04 PM
if it is that great a concern to you, keep the trigger pulled when you are behind your bunker. when you pop out to shoot, release and pull the trigger quickly, this will give you roughly the same result as firing a string of rounds.

jump on airgun.com and read the section on how to chrono an rt if you need more clarification.

paint king
02-26-2002, 04:16 PM
Mine performs fine. The reason the volicity goes up is because the valve is moving fast and it heats up really fast. YOu wont see a major difference in snap shooting. And remember with a retro you will get more shoots off wen sanp shooting.

wimag
02-26-2002, 09:39 PM
no problems here either. Then again with the RT a snap shot is two or three at a burst.

Predater
02-26-2002, 10:06 PM
My rt is fine. the velocity is a little lower when snap shooting but not bad. I wouldnt veto a rt or retro because of this. It wont effect you in snap shooting.

a_malfunction
02-26-2002, 10:50 PM
I havent noticed any difference...

Predater
02-26-2002, 11:06 PM
Im sorry i didnt clarify, i dont really notice the diffrence when playing. At the crono is whare i notice it. With the whole rt crono procedure.

gibby
02-27-2002, 12:21 AM
I haven't had any velocity problems when snap shooting...but if you are looking into Mags, I highly suggest this upgrade. It's like night and day.

BlackVCG
02-27-2002, 01:47 AM
Although the Retro Valve is designed to operate at high ROF, you can get it very consistant at slow single fire speeds as long as you keep the input down. You'll need an adjustable system, but if you run it at about 600psi input, it will operate better at slower ROF. Read this for more details.

http://www.airgun.com/rtchrono.html