PDA

View Full Version : Floyd Mayweather, Jr. vs. Manny Pacquiao

Stedspitcher
05-01-2015, 09:17 PM
Any boxing fans in here? It's a long shot but my $ is on Manny!

1985phenom
05-02-2015, 05:40 AM
What is boxing...? Oh OK I just googled it.
My bet is it goes the distance. Neither one of these guys has knocked out an opponent out in years.

Spook
05-02-2015, 06:50 AM
I've not seen either of them fight for a while but i think Floyd will be coming out on top

Zeropjc
05-02-2015, 07:59 AM
Was wondering if anyone would speak of this, I'd love to see Manny take it but knowing Floyd and how he runs away all the time it'll prob go to a tight decision.

SummaryJudgement
05-02-2015, 01:11 PM
Was wondering if anyone would speak of this, I'd love to see Manny take it but knowing Floyd and how he runs away all the time it'll prob go to a tight decision.

The truth be told! How many fights has Mayweather dodged, ducked, dived, and dodged, back-peddled and won on decision by a handful of points? Manny goes after his opponent, Floyd just tries to win. That makes sense, but not what I consider boxing.

Plus, Mayweather has been convicted of domestic violence five times, did a measly 90 day stint in jail once, and has more money than anyone will ever need (I think the winner is guaranteed 40 mil and 60 to the winner plus some).

Besides being undefeated professionaly, I hope Mayweather gets creamed just to shut him up for a bit, and I think Manny is the better fighter.

Manny should just put his toes in the middle of the ring and see if Mayweather ever even actually tries to bring it to him. I'd love to see a couple or more rounds of Manny staying put and asking Mayweather if he really wants to fight. And I mean verbally, out loud. Let the fans boo Mayweather for a bit and see if he actually steps up and tries to "fight".

:stick:

b-cuzz
05-03-2015, 12:25 AM
Summary, it looks like that's exactly what happened with it. I didn't watch, but the points is where he won it at. Some of the commentary indicated he didn't stay close.

OptimiStick
05-03-2015, 03:53 PM
Nope, typical Floyd fight. He was a little more active offensively, but his defense stymied Pac. Pac never got a chance to open up. Floyd kept moving and clinching and took Pac out of his gameplan. Boring fight, but most of Floyd's are.

going_home
05-05-2015, 04:58 AM
Now that he won the 100 million maybe he can learn to read....

snoopay700
05-05-2015, 11:57 AM
That makes sense, but not what I consider boxing.

So outboxing someone rather than outfighting them isn't boxing? I never understood this mentality, it's really the heart of boxing as that's how scoring is dictated. It's still boxing, although it doesn't make for good entertainment.

going_home
05-05-2015, 05:33 PM
It's still boxing, although it doesn't make for good entertainment.

You can add bowling, baseball, golf, and nascar, to the "not good entertainment" category, I'm sure I missed a few.

Pro paintball isnt the most interesting thing to watch either for that matter.....

;)

G Squat
05-06-2015, 12:54 PM
Glad I didn't spend any time or money to watch this. I'll stick to MMA. UFC 187 is gonna be bonkers and a stark contrast in entertainment to this crap.

Spectralhunter
05-14-2015, 10:42 PM
Typical Mayweather fight. Very boring to watch. I was hoping Pacquaio would force the fight since his only shot at winning was a KO. But Mayweather is just too wily.