PDA

View Full Version : Worst tourney incident EVER!!!

i-luv-my-rt
02-26-2002, 04:44 PM
Ok in the semi's of a 3-man tourney we had the lead, undefeated all day. In one of the final(round robin) all we had to do was get a max to lock up a victory.

I am pretty fast and fearless so our plan was for me to hit the 50 on the break. Off the break i sprint and make it there to notice my one back player casually walk off the field.(I have to run half the field and not get hit he has to run 10 feet:rolleyes: ) So 3v2 not that hard with me in that good of a position. Again i hear "I'm out" but i noticed he one for oned the guy so 2v1. I've been in the situations many times and most of the time pull them off. These two guys were so uncoordinated, one tried a tape run i got him then the other tried with no support of course got him.

Being all happy and full of adrenaline i look down at the timer to see 30 seconds or so. I was on a 50 base off to the side and the had the snake sideways in the middle of the field with the flag above it. I run and jump and grab the flag at the same time. All is good i go and hang the flag. Everyone is cheering b/c we were playing a very good team(well thought of as good). Then to find out they had a no bunker jumping rule b/c someone fell last time and spiked his tank and bing bang action.

Well i hung the flag as a "dead" player so we were not awarded the pull or hang points. Also at this tourney if you hang the flag dead then the other team gets those points, kinda crazy. So all we got was 30 points for the 3 eliminations and the other team got 90. 2 eliminations(10 each)flag pull(20), hang was 50!!!!So of course i was bummed the rest of the day and ended up getting hit off the start of the next game.

We ended up places second missing by only 10 points.

The real lesson is, is that in the captians meeting he was told no base jumping but didnt relay the message to us. So to all you captians out there take a notepad or something to remember these things. They can cost you tourney's. Also dont be afriad to ask these kind of questions they will only help you in the long run. Thanks for reading guys!!!

gimp
02-26-2002, 07:45 PM
I would be so ticked off.

AngelBoy
02-26-2002, 08:10 PM
I wish I knew what it was like to have a shot at 1st place. lol

talls
02-26-2002, 08:15 PM
Yeah I feel for you man. I got a question though, Was the rule specifically stated at the captains meeting?? Or did they give you a rule book and tell you to look at it? If it was then it is a terrible rule but in all honesty you cannot really complain. If it wasn't I would definatly have had a talk with the head ref and asked him what was up with the call. Then if he ignored it I would have given him a piece of my mind. Just shake it off man something bad happens to everyone on the field sometime. Go by what Tom told me "at least you held your own and they didn't come and do you like a dog". As for the getting shot the next game, well I have found that when something disappointing happens I try and focus that much more while I am playing. After I get home is when I normally am kicking myself. So next time something bad happens just try and focus a little more and I promise you will make up for it in the game you are playing.

theraidenproject
02-26-2002, 08:39 PM
i cant help but think of comic book guy saying your thread title ;)

heres one of my favorite comic book guy quotes from when the geniouses take over Springfield: "Inspired by the most logical race in the galaxy, the Vulcans, breeding will be permitted once every seven years. For many of you this will mean much less breeding, for me, much much more."