PDA

View Full Version : Trigger pin removal

kfletch
06-11-2015, 08:03 AM
Been a while sense I've removed mine. Remind me what's the best method for removing the trigger pin?

zulubravo44
06-11-2015, 08:38 AM
goes with the title of "worst airsmith ever," but i've had a lot of success with a gingerly applied hammer and a phillips screwdriver with a diameter slightly smaller than the trigger pin.

Cyco-Dude
06-11-2015, 09:32 AM
well, if you had a press you could press it out. otherwise a punch and hammer will work.

Nobody
06-11-2015, 09:34 AM
Go down to Lowe's or Home Depot, spend the $5 or less for a drift pin/pin press. Use the right tool for the right job.

With that, place frame on something elevated to allow the pin to fall. A roll of duct tape works well. Place frame on roll, make sure the area where the pin is, is clear and start lightly in tapping out the trigger pin.

kfletch
06-11-2015, 01:36 PM
Go down to Lowe's or Home Depot, spend the $5 or less for a drift pin/pin press. Use the right tool for the right job.

With that, place frame on something elevated to allow the pin to fall. A roll of duct tape works well. Place frame on roll, make sure the area where the pin is, is clear and start lightly in tapping out the trigger pin.

Thanks I'm sure that will be money well spent.

zondo
06-11-2015, 03:05 PM
I use a nail set, but drift punch could work too.

OPBN
06-11-2015, 04:07 PM
I use a nail set, .
This. Nail set has an indentation for less chance of it skipping off and skittering across the ano.

Nobody
06-11-2015, 04:27 PM
True, the pin punch is more flat & would have more chance to skip, but the nail set is thicker and can not push the pin through totally. A pin punch is better at that. So spend the $5 and get both. Nail set to start it, then pin punch to push it through.

Cyco-Dude
06-11-2015, 07:45 PM
i just use a 1/8" punch pin...works easy. just be sure to punch the pin out from the correct direction. you want the splined end of the pin to come out first. if you are punching the pin out, and you don't see the splines, stop and punch it the other way.

maniacmechanic
06-13-2015, 06:09 PM
i just use a 1/8" punch pin...works easy. just be sure to punch the pin out from the correct direction. you want the splined end of the pin to come out first. if you are punching the pin out, and you don't see the splines, stop and punch it the other way.

IIRC it should go right to left , please correct me if i'm wrong