PDA

View Full Version : Carbon fiber wrap

Zeropjc
06-15-2015, 09:12 AM
Hey guys just wondering if any one knows where i can get some carbon fiber wrap that closely matches the DW product patters and tone. I see some online but they are more of a gloss look or doesn't quite match the pattern of carbon flow to well, any help guys!?

Cyco-Dude
06-15-2015, 09:24 AM
3m di-noc carbon fiber vinyl. anything else probably sucks. there are different colors and pattern sizes available and you can find them online easily (i ordered a 12" x 12" sample sheet for $4 or something). i used the graphite color to cover my tippmann a-5:

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-S63LUWrMSI0/UhWRAUSxe-I/AAAAAAAAALQ/l_ryglzEIAU/s800/IMG_1504.JPG (https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-S63LUWrMSI0/UhWRAUSxe-I/AAAAAAAAALQ/l_ryglzEIAU/s1600/IMG_1504.JPG)

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-Wv52kbjChe0/UhWQ_saL0rI/AAAAAAAAALI/sUdV43_kR58/s800/IMG_1498.JPG (https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-Wv52kbjChe0/UhWQ_saL0rI/AAAAAAAAALI/sUdV43_kR58/s1600/IMG_1498.JPG)

understand that nothing you get will exactly match the actual carbon fiber. graphite is close, but it's a little lighter than the dw carbon fiber. i think the black would be a little bit darker.

audioSLAVE
06-15-2015, 01:16 PM
I can attest to all of what Cyco said. That is the same brand/color I ended up using on a powerfeed body. This wrap also has texture to it as well and won't have that smooth sanded finish that the DW products have. I purchased this through Amazon.

cougar20th
06-17-2015, 08:25 AM
Just the info I have been wondering about. Ive wanted CF grips for my minimag but know that real CF is impractical

3m di-noc carbon fiber vinyl. anything else probably sucks. there are different colors and pattern sizes available and you can find them online easily (i ordered a 12" x 12" sample sheet for $4 or something). i used the graphite color to cover my tippmann a-5:

Where did you order that size from?

Cyco-Dude
06-17-2015, 07:12 PM

ebay. i also got one of those plastic card things to help remove air bubbles, and some special adhesive that you would want to use at any tight curves or edges of the piece to help prevent the vinyl from peeling later. make sure it's 3m di-noc carbon fiber vinyl; don't waste your time with anything else.

you'll also need a hairdryer or heat gun to heat the vinyl (makes it easier to stretch the material and will remove wrinkles). there plenty of videos on vinyl application on youtube that are helpful to watch as well. it was the first time i've ever done this, and while it's not perfect (some parts were a pain), i think it came out decent enough.

audioSLAVE
06-17-2015, 07:54 PM
Just the info I have been wondering about. Ive wanted CF grips for my minimag but know that real CF is impractical

If you're just looking for enough to do some grips, I believe I have some extra that I probably won't do anything with. It's yours if you're interested.

Zeropjc
06-18-2015, 09:01 AM
Thanks for the info guys!!! How easy is it to remove the wrap if you no longer want it? Is it a easy process?

TheJackal28
06-21-2015, 11:44 AM
I wrapped my SS body where it wasnt covered by aluminum and most of the barrel the tip would have been impossible but I've got some blue parts coming in the mail so the blue is working in my favor

cledford
06-23-2015, 02:30 PM
What kind of marker is that?

Cyco-Dude
06-23-2015, 05:06 PM
What kind of marker is that?

jackal's? it's an automag. it just has an aftermarket regulator body (or rather, a regulator body from a different regulator, that happens to work on an automag's valve).

TheJackal28
06-25-2015, 11:06 PM
It's a y grip pnuematics installed 3d printed rail, magic box automag that I customized to fit bt 4 feed necks instead of the classic power feed. The sight rail I cut and mounted a tac rail to that the feed neck mounts on. The valve have a airamerica reg for a reg back the rail is short to present the reg. The barrel is a freak twist lock back and a hammerhead protip