PDA

View Full Version : quick e mag question

vintage
07-12-2015, 12:35 PM
what would cause the on/off to not want to go back in? i changed all the o rings and i can't press it back in. i took the one out of my other e mag valve and it does not want to go in either. its like the valve swelled after i pulled the on/off which we know is impossible.

also why don't they put a quad o ring in the x valve parts kit?

BigEvil
07-12-2015, 12:46 PM
Take the two top orings out of the valve and assemble everything first, then put it back into the valve.

vintage
07-12-2015, 03:33 PM
Take the two top orings out of the valve and assemble everything first, then put it back into the valve.

tried that

vintage
07-12-2015, 03:34 PM
valve #0369 if that makes any difference

Tunaman
07-12-2015, 04:54 PM
Xvalve or emag valve?

Cyco-Dude
07-12-2015, 05:26 PM
that depends on how far it goes in. perhaps you put a powertube tip o-ring on the on/off bottom instead of a power tube o-ring? probably the on/off top o-rings are popping apart is my guess. you can try a different power tube o-ring that might fit better with the quad o-ring. make sure to give them a light coat of oil.

lol keep playing with it man, you'll get it. :p

athomas
07-12-2015, 05:26 PM
Your emag valve is one of the older ones with the oring indentation milled into the on-off area. It uses one oring on the on-off top. If you install two nested orings as per the latest diagrams, the on-off assembly won't sit all the way down in the hole. Take the larger outer oring off and just use the smaller oring that fits on the on-off pin.

djinnform
08-04-2015, 06:32 PM
Your emag valve is one of the older ones with the oring indentation milled into the on-off area. It uses one oring on the on-off top. If you install two nested orings as per the latest diagrams, the on-off assembly won't sit all the way down in the hole. Take the larger outer oring off and just use the smaller oring that fits on the on-off pin.

I have one of the older emag valves that only requires 1 o-ring. Just wondering why they made this change with the newer emag valves. My older version emag valve works great, and never gives me any problems, in whatever gun I put it in.

athomas
08-04-2015, 07:36 PM
Leaving out the indentation is one less step in the milling process. It is faster and less expensive.