PDA

View Full Version : Important Questions

Dealaman
02-27-2002, 11:47 AM
DO they make black vert feed bodies for automags and can you make a mag low pressure? As
in 90-200 psi instead of 450-500 psi. I want a lower pressure mag. Aand can I put a secondary
reg on my mag and will it do any good?

personman
02-27-2002, 11:50 AM
Mags are low pressure, pretty much, and YOU CAN NOT make the mag lower in pressure. People think mags are HP guns because they take a high input, but it has an internal reg that regs it down to the operating pressure thats low.. Im not sure but I think it releases like.. 90 psi behind the ball?

soilent green
02-27-2002, 12:29 PM
an AIR valve I believe regulates it down to 375psi a stock cockers reg brings it down to 425psi so while that is now where near 90psi it is still lower than an autococker 90psi is at the threshold of being impossible to accelerate the ball to 280fps and the air chamber would have to be huge

PyRo
02-27-2002, 07:35 PM
As already stated, the mag runs at a fairly low pressure, and lowering it further would make require a larger air chamber.
This has been experimented with, and the current opperating pressure has been found to be optimal.
Adding a 2nd reg won't help with anything, because your alread have 2 regs (one on the tank, another in the valve). This is sufficient to make it as consistant as it is going to get. Furthermore additional regs have no effect on the pressure required to operate the gun. All that you will acomplish with another reg is further restricting your air flow, and causing potential shootdown problems.