PDA

View Full Version : to free flow or not to free flow

Hysperion
02-27-2002, 12:35 PM
What do you guys think I should get for an outdoors marker....a cocker freeflow or shocktech sfl.....and give me some reasons....I know this isn't a cocker forum but mags aren't the only guns you know....:)....even though they are the best :).......

i-luv-my-rt
02-27-2002, 12:37 PM
SFL's are overpriced although you did buy a SFL emag so i guess you know that. With shocktech you pay for name and milling. Freeflows rock they are just soo sweet. Triggers are very smooth and purty. I would go with a freeflow.

AutoMaggot
02-27-2002, 12:50 PM
The Freeflow LOE is pretty much the cream of the crop when it comes to autocockers. But the Works is moving on up and about ready to take its place. Personally though, I think LOEs looks incredible.

Spaceman613
02-27-2002, 12:56 PM
you can always look into a standard shocktech...

Also, how often do you make it to Chicago? If its often, then the sfl may be the better choice if you have problems or need to get it to BBT.

If it were me, I would price them both out and see which is cheaper with all of the options you want. They both look great (the new sfl's look awesome I think) and they both perform very well....

So comes down to cost and mini vs. full body

other than that, they are very similar performance wise.

oneshot
02-27-2002, 01:31 PM
AutoMaggot is right with the cream of the crop statement, I will never even think of getting another cocker. go for a lockout edition Free flow, they are so ungodly nice. the trigger is smooth as butter, fast, extremely hard to break balls, my free flows trigger is as soft as my emags, not that hard to get used to, shocktech triggers are extremely hard comparted to most Free flows.

Proffessional Paintballs lifetime warrenty, is the best, you can do anything to the gun, like take it apart, send it into them in pieces , and they will put it back together for free.

Free Flow all the way.:D

Hysperion
02-27-2002, 02:20 PM
that lifetime warranty is definately in my mind, i just dounbt that they'll be around for my lifetime or that I'd ever keep the gun that long...

Hysperion
02-27-2002, 02:21 PM
and money won't really be a factor in my decision I just want the better performing gun.....and no offense to works owners but I personally think they're fugly.....

squidboy69
02-27-2002, 02:31 PM
I can safely say that the Freeflow is the way to go. Though I don't know if the extra $$ for the lockout is worht it. We have 3 FreeFlows on our team (two are for sale BTW) and they are flawless guns. If I wasn't being pushed to an electro, I'd NEVER part with it. With a decent barrel (freak/OTP) you'll never break a ball, and fast as hell. The SFL/Shocktech cockers are really nice, but pricey, and I'm not big on *that* crisp of a trigger. I could shoot any of the guns on my team all day, but my mag is strictly a burst fire gun. Go for the FreeFlow, honestly... and the others are right, Professional has good service, I've been impressed (though I have only been down one game in 3 years with my FreeFlow)

magc68
02-27-2002, 02:53 PM
free flows r really nice. but one thing i want to make clear is that these r custom guns. and PP is mass producing these. if u got a free flow a year ago they would rock outta the box. if u get a free flow now u will notice that the gun isnt perfect outta the box. some guns leave that place not ready for tournament play and some do. just a warn of caution. i own a free flow i got back in august. i had to tinker with it some and change out a sear and hammer assembly but now it is awsome. i highly recommend a free flow but just make sure u know someone who can teach u how to make it perfect or someone to do it for u as PP isnt the most relaible anymore.

Arman/XPM
02-27-2002, 07:58 PM
The Freeflow is one of the nicest Autococker's out there. Virtually no ball chops - Extremely smooth trigger pull - Lifetime warranty and a good resale value to boot.
I just picked this up last night - (Locally)

Free Flow Lockout Edition
Boxxer In Milling
Vertical Feed
Arbor Honed
Acid Wash: Orange/Red Lava
STO RAM - Nickel
Custom 3 Way - Nickel
Palmers Rock Reg - Nickel
Stainless Custom Pump Arm
MacDev Gladiator reg - Silver
Eclipse Blade Trigger - Nickel Snappy with Roller Sear
Extreme Rage Grips - Clear
Free Flow 10-hole Bolt
1/4-28 Nickel IVG adj
Freak System system - 12 inch Red Tip with Stainless steel back.
-Mirror Polished and Coated Internals (for un-matched internal reliability, consistency, and trigger feel)
-New 2k1 Rear Block And Bolt for uncompromisingly high repeatable accuracy at long range

Arman/XPM
02-27-2002, 07:59 PM
More

Arman/XPM
02-27-2002, 08:00 PM
And more

liigod
02-27-2002, 09:24 PM
those free flows are childs play... this is a real free flow for yer paint sligging pleasure.

liigod
02-27-2002, 09:25 PM
heres a pic.... i think

Arman/XPM
02-27-2002, 09:51 PM
Nice!
Lose the reg, though.
-Arman

oneshot
02-27-2002, 10:05 PM
sorry Arman/XPM your gun is not boxxer milling just to let you know

Arman/XPM
02-27-2002, 10:14 PM
Sorry oneshot
It is. It is the inverted style. The new one's look plain ugly.
-Arman

oneshot
02-27-2002, 10:43 PM
That is my gun exactly, except that mine is gun metal grey. I have the same back block and screw in bolt.

it is millenium milling:D :D :D