PDA

View Full Version : IS AGD still in business??

DESMO1198s
11-10-2015, 12:13 PM
I have called both phone numbers and have gotten no answer only a machine ? Are they still in business? I sure hope so as they were/are a kick @$$ company.
I'm wanting to send in my older 68 Automag to get a refresh ( new seals springs etc.) as well as if they have made any updates to it. Or if its to old I could possibly convert it to the X-Valve back half?? I unfortunately haven't played in a few years thus she has sat in her case for a long while now. But life has moved in a better direction and I can't wait to get out there on the field again. Any thoughts info whirl be greatly appreciated. Thanks

blackdeath1k
11-10-2015, 12:44 PM
Yes AGD is still alive and kicking. There main webpage tends to have issues from time to time. I generally deal with tuna for new parts.

Off topic but where you from in IL? I ask because a few of us here are in different parts of the state. I'm in the southern part myself.

Tunaman
11-10-2015, 02:54 PM
I can fix it all up for you. Email me. tunaman5@verizon.net

boo
11-11-2015, 01:37 PM
Yes AGD is still alive and kicking. There main webpage tends to have issues from time to time. I generally deal with tuna for new parts.

Are they? I know they never went out of business, but didn't know they had inventory on anything but rebuild kits and small parts. What can you still get from them? Do they have any brand new X valves?

I wish someone from AGD could jump on and set the record straight.

cockerpunk
11-11-2015, 02:25 PM
AGD is officially still a company, though it exists in a few boxes of parts in Romans (?) garage now.

Tunaman
11-11-2015, 04:12 PM
AGD is officially still a company, though it exists in a few boxes of parts in Romans (?) garage now.There you go shooting your mouth off again at something you obviously know nothing about.

Nobody
11-11-2015, 06:31 PM
Never stopped him before, why should it now?

boo
11-12-2015, 01:38 AM
AGD is officially still a company, though it exists in a few boxes of parts in Romans (?) garage now.

Honestly, this is what I thought.

I keep hearing AGD is still in business over and over. Why is it such a sensitive subject? I mean, like, people are in total disbelief that a paintball company quietly fades away without a catastrophic bankruptcy, burning a bunch of people with a final junk marker made overseas, or taking the money and running.

AGD was a great company in their prime (and local to where I grew up) but when they moved locations from wheeling to carey I suspect it was to someone's house.

So does AGD:
Still sell complete markers? Or at least a complete xvalve?
Do they have an office space?
Do they still have the machines and are using them for more profitable purposes then paintball?
Do they still service markers?

I can never get a straight answer. Don't they or didn't they at one time own this website? I know Tom pops in once in a blue moon. Does anyone else that works there ever pop in? Id love to hear it direct from the source.

Nobody
11-12-2015, 03:08 AM
So does AGD:
Still sell complete markers? Or at least a complete xvalve?

Yes they sell complete guns and Xvalves. It is just that with the used market, because of the quality of product, the value is cheaper than getting new parts. This also goes to thd modular design, so an individual can buy the pieces that they want to build their gun versus starting with a new complete gun THEN adding in the pieces they want.

Do they have an office space?

You do not need an office to run a company. At most, a desk with a computer, a phone & a space to store finished products is all you need.

Do they still have the machines and are using them for more profitable purposes then paintball?

If they are still making product, then it is assumed that they still have machines. But, when TK left, it is equally assumable that the machines where sold off and products are being made 3rd party, if the machines where sold off to recoup moneys lost. So it is a good question but as long as new product is still being made, and adheres to the normal AGD quality, does it matter where it came from?

Do they still service markers?

In all honesty, making a product and servicing a product can be 2 different things. Tuna is a certified AGD tech. BigEvil was taught by Tuna as well as learning a few things on his own, to be considered as good as a certified tech. With that, the 2 people mentioned can aptly handle any and all needs of servicing that you could want or need. The guns are easy to work on(testament to TK's design and genius) that most problems can be fixed with either oil, 2 new orings or a micrometer. After that, its best to talk to BigEvil or Tuna, & if they can't tell you how to fix it, then you should send it to them.

luke
11-12-2015, 03:41 PM
Well said!

cockerpunk
11-12-2015, 04:19 PM
If they are still making product, then it is assumed that they still have machines.

likely not.

far more likely they do short runs of the parts required at shops that have done them before (and likely always made them even in AGDs heyday). keep a few on hand, very little overhead, very little capital tied up, etc etc "running low on level 10s, better call up XXX and order 5 more" etc automag parts use some pretty non-standard processes like are used in most other guns, they are not just milled blocks of aluminium. there are brazed parts, lots of ground parts ... highly unlikely to vertically integrate such a gun, and likely the guns were never that vertically integrated in there supply chain.

you can run a business with a few boxes worth of overhead in your garage for years with essentially zero cost, and therefore nearly indefinitely. this is the model AGD has adopted.

to those calling bull**** on this, love to be proven wrong. do it instead of making snide comments. i'd accept a video with time-stamp of the tour of AGDs business office and production facilities, but such a facility i don't think exists. before calling me names like you love to, at least have a reason to.

cockerpunk
11-12-2015, 04:50 PM
https://www.google.com/maps/place/401+Florine+Ct,+Cary,+IL+60013/@42.227249,-88.2492727,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x880f7355e61a0c5b:0xdde93 f0752c1d981

BigEvil
11-12-2015, 04:59 PM
There you go shooting your mouth off again at something you obviously know nothing about.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA When Tuna steps in for a smackdown, you know it's gotta be good.

BigEvil
11-12-2015, 05:04 PM
On second thought... no, I don't.

Nobody
11-12-2015, 05:10 PM
likely not.

far more likely they do short runs of the parts required at shops that have done them before (and likely always made them even in AGDs heyday). keep a few on hand, very little overhead, very little capital tied up, etc etc "running low on level 10s, better call up XXX and order 5 more" etc automag parts use some pretty non-standard processes like are used in most other guns, they are not just milled blocks of aluminium. there are brazed parts, lots of ground parts ... highly unlikely to vertically integrate such a gun, and likely the guns were never that vertically integrated in there supply chain.

you can run a business with a few boxes worth of overhead in your garage for years with essentially zero cost, and therefore nearly indefinitely. this is the model AGD has adopted.

to those calling bull**** on this, love to be proven wrong. do it instead of making snide comments. i'd accept a video with time-stamp of the tour of AGDs business office and production facilities, but such a facility i don't think exists. before calling me names like you love to, at least have a reason to.

So if they have machines, but no offices. Who would be right in their assumptions?

And please tell me where i didn't already say this, or do you just have to repeat a point, just in your voice?

knownothingmags
11-12-2015, 05:19 PM
I love these threads when punk comes in to add info. :PopCorn:

Tunaman
11-12-2015, 05:36 PM
likely not.

I know EXACTLY what AGD has and doesnt have. I know even more than you think. Is it really any of your business? I think not. Stop spreading rumors that AGD is being run out of a few boxes in a garage. You are wrong. Keep it up and you will be banished!

luke
11-12-2015, 08:31 PM
"running low on level 10s, better call up XXX and order 5 more"

That's extremely unlikely.

going_home
11-12-2015, 10:01 PM
You guys all just fell for the voice from under the bridge again.

You'd think you'd have learned by now......

:nono:

boo
11-13-2015, 12:46 PM
I know EXACTLY what AGD has and doesnt have. I know even more than you think. Is it really any of your business? I think not. Stop spreading rumors that AGD is being run out of a few boxes in a garage. You are wrong. Keep it up and you will be banished!

Again, why is this such a touchy subject? Are they a machine shop that no longer does paintball stuff or are they just selling new old stock? I really haven't heard a clear answer other then vaguery and flaming.

So are you saying they do still manufacture xvalves and other parts brand new?

Are you in the process of acquiring them or in the midst of a business venture with them that spins back up production? Then I'd understand the secrecy and protection of a brand being more then new old stock in a garage. Id also understand why any internal business dealings wouldn't be our business. And what's wrong with being a once glorious company that quietly left the industry with their quality reputation intact?

Also, I totally understand and respect that if you're not at liberty to talk about someone else's business that you have internal knowledge of. If that's the case, I guess I'll wait to hear it from an AGD employee authorized to speak on the state of the business.

I'm totally lost, other then some hearsay. Just an AGD fan, they are a local company and I think it would be awesome to witness new xvalves being turned out on their machinery in person. Or seeing some cool prototypes.

I also really want to know, if they are doing new parts if they will ever do a run of blue xvalves. It is our business, we spend a lot of money on these markers and love Tom Kayes company. If they make brand new parts it helps to know as some of us would rather buy new from the source. Maybe even put a custom order in.

As someone who sells used and new old stock parts it would be good to let your customers know if you're the only game in town or not. Also, if AGD is a company run with new old stock parts out of a garage that is slow to return emails or respond on their customer forum, and your in the same business wouldn't it be in your interest to speak the truth?

There was a YouTube video with Simon at their european facility. http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2jl2fBwPw_U

cockerpunk
11-13-2015, 01:54 PM
Again, why is this such a touchy subject? Are they a machine shop that no longer does paintball stuff or are they just selling new old stock? I really haven't heard a clear answer other then vaguery and flaming.

because they don't like me. they often conflate what i say, with some version of who they think i am, and then try to burn it with fire.

happy to be proven wrong. i welcome the idea in fact. i don't see that happening.

the most important part, is that these guns can be maintained and run for essentially forever. so you shouldn't fear ordering from them (AGD), or tuna, or big evil. i personally think the low overhead model is the best for companies like AGD, WGP should have adopted a similar one, they went corporate and it killed them spectacularly and now the shooters have to pay the cost. thankfully that isn't happening to mags, because AGD runs a low overhead model. externalize all the costs, keep the capital tied up low, and you can run a business forever like that. if AGD had a facility, bunch of machines and employees, thats a whole lot of overhead, and whole lot of reason for the company to declare bankruptcy and then we loose as players.

BigEvil
11-13-2015, 08:35 PM
I should have bought you a plane ticket to Paris...

boo
11-13-2015, 11:15 PM

Wow, real mature. Guess the mystery will go unanswered again...

Nobody
11-14-2015, 01:22 AM

I hope you realize that the only thing that cockerpunk can do is take a stick to a beehive & see what comes out. He will never listen to reason, he poses questions yet refuses to accept the answers because they do not mesh with what he thinks they should be and more importantly, cockerpunk thinks that the only way to communicate is to belittle, berate and befuddle people with pseudo-science(his "punkwerks stuff", yet never understands the variables inherent to paintball) to try to make himself feel bigger and more important than everyone else. So he trolls various forums looming for a topic which to post, i.e. tossing in the hand grenade, and watch what happens.

The best thing to do is to ignore him. That is harder to do than is said. I should know, as i have locked horns enough times to see through him like glass. Sometimes i jump, but mostly i just laugh at his pitifulness. So, you have the answer to the question asked by the OP. Yes they are in business, yes they still make new stuff.

BigEvil
11-14-2015, 08:52 AM

Best not to stick your nose in where it doesn't belong ..

boo
11-14-2015, 11:47 AM
Honestly I glazed over what he wrote as it was no better or worse then any other answer of speculation I've seen in this thread. Nobody with direct knowledge of the subject has given an answer that's more then hearsay or "I know but I'm not telling".

So, I guess I'll continue and wait until I hear an answer from someone that's tied to AGD willing to speak on their behalf.
I hope we can at least keep it civil until we get the answer, cuz heaven forbid I open up another thread asking the same thing.

I've stated these questions in the past on other forums and never got an answer other then rabid responses defending that AGD is fully operational as it was in their hay day. I just don't see that's possible.

All I want to know is will they ever be making a damn blue xvalve that will fit my cool camo micromag or should I stop holding my breath and take it up the pipe and just buy a used one.

I also would like to order a ule mag from them in an exact color combo and would like to know if this is something that will be available 6 months from now, or should I stretch my fun money thin or sell some other projects because they are quickly running out of new old stock to build these.

I could care less about other peoples online drama, what is this, ****ing highschool? I wish a moderator could just delete this banter so we can get back on track.

blackdeath1k
11-14-2015, 12:08 PM
Honestly I glazed over what he wrote as it was no better or worse then any other answer of speculation I've seen in this thread. Nobody with direct knowledge of the subject has given an answer that's more then hearsay or "I know but I'm not telling".

So, I guess I'll continue and wait until I hear an answer from someone that's tied to AGD willing to speak on their behalf.
I hope we can at least keep it civil until we get the answer, cuz heaven forbid I open up another thread asking the same thing.

I've stated these questions in the past on other forums and never got an answer other then rabid responses defending that AGD is fully operational as it was in their hay day. I just don't see that's possible.

All I want to know is will they ever be making a damn blue xvalve that will fit my cool camo micromag or should I stop holding my breath and take it up the pipe and just buy a used one.

I also would like to order a ule mag from them in an exact color combo and would like to know if this is something that will be available 6 months from now, or should I stretch my fun money thin or sell some other projects because they are quickly running out of new old stock to build these.

I could care less about other peoples online drama, what is this, ****ing highschool? I wish a moderator could just delete this banter so we can get back on track.

I personally do not see agd offering up tons of colors again on anything due to the overhead that would take. Any color would have to be a batch run. That gets expensive. For a small company that's not cost effective.

vintage
11-14-2015, 12:23 PM
your not the first person to have trouble getting them on the phone lately. i have had no problems ordering parts thru their website and i usually have it in a week or less. i agree with Jason though that your probably not going to be able to get custom work any more, its pretty much what they offer and that's it. Don't hesitate to contact Tuna for parts and he can repair or tune any thing needed on a mag and he will stand behind his work.

Nobody
11-14-2015, 04:06 PM
Asking open ended questions about the genisis of the company is far from going direct in saying, "hey does AGD have new Xvalves in blue, cause i really want one in blue." which you would get 1) a direct answer from Tuna saying "yes, its X amount of dollars", 2) "Yes, order through the AGD website." 3) "No. AGD does not do any other colour than black." or 4) someone would pop up on a used valve for sale...

And i will echo what is said. AGD won't be doing many colours anymore, as the costs for small batches of colours that might never sell(or sell badly) is not great. This is the lessens AGD learned from the Zgrip & the Yframe.

Games like that

DESMO1198s
11-14-2015, 05:07 PM
Wow just wanted to know if they were still around....So I finally left a phone msg and sent an email, got a response by email the next day, I responded back to it and got another response that same day. They called me on our agreed upon time and date, I got my Mag to them in quick order. They are going to give it a go rebuild & tune up $45 flat fee and I should have it back soon. When they give me a call that my Mag is ready, I will see if they can answer any of the questions I saw above...new parts, blue valves, etc... It would appear they are smaller than they were but I the short conversation O had with them it does sound like they are also smaller than the "hay day" but otherwise still alive and doing well. Will keep everyone posted.

DESMO1198s
11-14-2015, 05:11 PM
Yep they called me the other day and I have thus sent my Mag in to be brought up to speed. And to your question, yes I live in IL. Less than 3 miles from the address listed on AGD's website to be exact. Shipping was stupid cheap ;-)

boo
11-14-2015, 05:18 PM
Good to know! Maybe I should hit them up myself, I gotta order a few parts. Do you have an email, or is it phone only?

Wow just wanted to know if they were still around....So I finally left a phone msg and sent an email, got a response by email the next day, I responded back to it and got another response that same day. They called me on our agreed upon time and date, I got my Mag to them in quick order. They are going to give it a go rebuild & tune up $45 flat fee and I should have it back soon. When they give me a call that my Mag is ready, I will see if they can answer any of the questions I saw above...new parts, blue valves, etc... It would appear they are smaller than they were but I the short conversation O had with them it does sound like they are also smaller than the "hay day" but otherwise still alive and doing well. Will keep everyone posted.

cockerpunk
11-16-2015, 12:58 PM
honestly thought it was common knowledge at this point that AGD was basically a garage shop, low overhead, service and parts company more than an in house gun manufacturing and development company.

i am often accused of 'throwing grenades' into threads, but really, this should be common knowledge among automag shooters. i assumed it was.

then its funny that everyone thinks for some reason i bring this up as an insult, or as a bad thing. when i'd prefer more of the old school gun companies had done the same thing. then parts and service for these great classic guns wouldn't be as hard to get, and they would be more like automags in that way.

blackdeath1k
11-16-2015, 01:07 PM
honestly thought it was common knowledge at this point that AGD was basically a garage shop, low overhead, service and parts company more than an in house gun manufacturing and development company.

i am often accused of 'throwing grenades' into threads, but really, this should be common knowledge among automag shooters. i assumed it was.

then its funny that everyone thinks for some reason i bring this up as an insult, or as a bad thing. when i'd prefer more of the old school gun companies had done the same thing. then parts and service for these great classic guns wouldn't be as hard to get, and they would be more like automags in that way.

I do believe it is more your tactfulness with how you go about statements and discussion that causes more issues than it is stating that AGD is a very small company now.

boo
11-16-2015, 01:17 PM

You would think, but there are people in this thread that claim to know more about the subject then us that are claiming otherwise.

Its annoying because it gets my hopes up.

I would love to see a collaboration from Tuna, AGD, and Luke for a turnkey production pneumag marker using brand new parts. Branded and warranteed by AGD, available in a cool color pallet. Preferably with a macrolineless gas through frame and a hidden in frame LPR. And while we're at it, let it have a new body with ergonomics rivaling a modern speedball marker, with complex cosmetic milling turned out on a 5 axis mill.

So unless that's in the works, can we just admit that AGD is run out of someone's garage that has all the AGD new old stock and wont be making any new stock ever again and that Tom Kaye is not actually Santa Claus?

cockerpunk
11-16-2015, 01:42 PM
You would think, but there are people in this thread that claim to know more about the subject then us that are claiming otherwise.

Its annoying because it gets my hopes up.

I would love to see a collaboration from Tuna, AGD, and Luke for a turnkey production pneumag marker using brand new parts. Branded and warranteed by AGD, available in a cool color pallet. Preferably with a macrolineless gas through frame and a hidden in frame LPR. And while we're at it, let it have a new body with ergonomics rivaling a modern speedball marker, with complex cosmetic milling turned out on a 5 axis mill.

So unless that's in the works, can we just admit that AGD is run out of someone's garage that has all the AGD new old stock and wont be making any new stock ever again and that Tom Kaye is not actually Santa Claus?

i dont think just because they are probably not going to make a pnumag of your dreams doesn't mean that AGD is only around because of NOS. besides, there are legal issues with making a production pnue gun. just because the company isn't making new style and technology production guns, doesn't mean they are not actively sourcing new parts, and replacing stock to keep these guns running, or taking repairs, servicing rental guns etc. i believe you can order brand new automags from them as well, they just make them one at a time and ship them out as needed.

cockerpunk
11-16-2015, 01:45 PM
I do believe it is more your tactfulness with how you go about statements and discussion that causes more issues than it is stating that AGD is a very small company now.

i think its an in group/out group social phenomena, as i've been told in this thread that i should have died in a terrorist attack, and that is considered ok, but the suggestion that AGD is a garage shop company is a bannable offense.

just depends on who says these things, not what is being said.

boo
11-16-2015, 01:50 PM
i dont think just because they are probably not going to make a pnumag of your dreams doesn't mean that AGD is only around because of NOS. besides, there are legal issues with making a production pnue gun. just because the company isn't making new style and technology production guns, doesn't mean they are not actively sourcing new parts, and replacing stock to keep these guns running, or taking repairs, servicing rental guns etc. i believe you can order brand new automags from them as well.
I was saying this more in jest since Tuna got really defensive when it was claimed that AGD was a garage company, although I'd love to see a new marker from them.

Its not like PTP is doing all that well, I'm sure they'd give up the pneumag patent for a very affordable price. At least I know I wont get **** here for claiming PTP is not what it used to be, lol.

I shot an email to Roman asking about availability because I do want to get a ULE mag for spring.

I'm still not convinced they are making new parts, I mean it is totally feasible they have 30 years of inventory to keep them going until we're all too old to care. When they were in their glory days I always assumed they did machining in house, is that not the case? Interesting historical question.

Yes, I realize its not my business, but as someone who owns a few mags it would be nice to know what to hoard and what to buy when needed.

knownothingmags
11-16-2015, 01:54 PM
i think its an in group/out group social phenomena, as i've been told in this thread that i should have died in a terrorist attack, and that is considered ok, but the suggestion that AGD is a garage shop company is a bannable offense.

I read that suggestion about the Paris flight to just get you out of the country, because when I read that I hadn't heard of the attacks yet,
maybe that's what that individual wanted, was for you to have a nice vacation away from the US.

cockerpunk
11-16-2015, 02:02 PM
I read that suggestion about the Paris flight to just get you out of the country, because when I read that I hadn't heard of the attacks yet,
maybe that's what that individual wanted, was for you to have a nice vacation away from the US.

thats probably it. :)

luke
11-16-2015, 02:56 PM
AGD was basically a garage shop, low overhead, service and parts company more than an in house gun manufacturing and development company.

Did AGD ever manufacture their own parts? I was under the assumption they didn't do their own manufacturing, I swear TK mentioned that here on AO way back...

blackdeath1k
11-16-2015, 03:33 PM
Yes. Pretty sure it was almost all outsourced. I'm sure he has a small cnc mill and lathe for prototyping. But quite sure the main production was all outsourced.

knownothingmags
11-16-2015, 04:03 PM
didn't he say he has an 11 axis lathe?

cockerpunk
11-16-2015, 04:18 PM
Did AGD ever manufacture their own parts? I was under the assumption they didn't do their own manufacturing, I swear TK mentioned that here on AO way back...

automag parts use some pretty non-standard processes like are used in most other guns, they are not just milled blocks of aluminium. there are brazed parts, lots of ground parts ... highly unlikely to vertically integrate such a gun, and likely the guns were never that vertically integrated in there supply chain.

right, its unlikely that much investment at AGD was in machines to actually make parts. the early guns used SS, which was ground, the body was brazed/soldered, and the frame was glass/plastic molded. so until the jump to ULE stuff relatively late in the game for AGD, most of that stuff would not have been made in house. and even once they did go aluminium, its unlikely that AGD owned machines and equipment made the actual parts. it just wouldn't be economical. the Xmag bodies i do believe were made in house on the machine in simons AGD europe video.

which is why it was probably so easy to transition into garage shop model. you don't have a bunch of liability and capital tied up in machines and facilities. so easy to basically downsize the operation with the taper in demand for guns and parts. if you need more of something, small batches, to keep the parts inventory up and available. make the odd gun order out of those parts etc etc.

Spider-TW
11-16-2015, 05:40 PM
... Tom kaye is not actually santa claus?

What!? :hater:

On knowing AGD's condition, you have to remember that we get new people around here (fortunately). There's a weird group of people (and OFGs) that keeps propagating the idea that mags are good paintball markers. People get interested and come here for info.

luke
11-16-2015, 05:51 PM
didn't he say he has an 11 axis lathe?

Yes, but he got that for making the Shoebox parts...

knownothingmags
11-16-2015, 06:36 PM
Yes, but he got that for making the Shoebox parts...

oh ok, I get it now. derp:tard:

Dayspring
11-16-2015, 09:57 PM

I've told you many times prior - it's HOW you say things that's as important as WHAT you say.

Dayspring
11-16-2015, 10:00 PM
right, its unlikely that much investment at AGD was in machines to actually make parts. the early guns used SS, which was ground, the body was brazed/soldered, and the frame was glass/plastic molded. so until the jump to ULE stuff relatively late in the game for AGD, most of that stuff would not have been made in house. and even once they did go aluminium, its unlikely that AGD owned machines and equipment made the actual parts. it just wouldn't be economical. the Xmag bodies i do believe were made in house on the machine in simons AGD europe video.

which is why it was probably so easy to transition into garage shop model. you don't have a bunch of liability and capital tied up in machines and facilities. so easy to basically downsize the operation with the taper in demand for guns and parts. if you need more of something, small batches, to keep the parts inventory up and available. make the odd gun order out of those parts etc etc.

My understanding was that the Xmag was an AGD Europe thing and that Tom just bought them from across the pond - no $ into it other than what he paid.

blackdeath1k
11-16-2015, 10:57 PM
My understanding was that the Xmag was an AGD Europe thing and that Tom just bought them from across the pond - no $ into it other than what he paid.

That sounds kinda like all the xmt and Luke deals of recent years.

cockerpunk
11-17-2015, 11:38 AM
I've told you many times prior - it's HOW you say things that's as important as WHAT you say.

so what about this post was warranting of being told i should have died in a terrorist attack?

no seriously, tell me exactly why i was threatened with being banned for that post and viciously attacked by many members including big evil telling me i should be DEAD at the hands of terrorists, and no one thinks that is strange, punishable, and/or simply makes him a pretty awful person. or that nobody follows me around everywhere and flames me everywhere he possibly can.

and im the bad guy whos always causing trouble on AO? bull****.

nothing i said was factually wrong, nothing i said was rude, insulting, or an attack on anyone or anything. but im the *******.

BigEvil
11-17-2015, 05:41 PM
Nick - Cockerpuke is pretty much the reason Simon's forum is dead. At least here we can make fun of him.

BigEvil
11-17-2015, 05:41 PM
Im sorry to hear that you gave Charlie Sheen the HIV+

Tunaman
11-17-2015, 06:02 PM
so what about this post was warranting of being told i should have died in a terrorist attack?

no seriously, tell me exactly why i was threatened with being banned for that post and viciously attacked by many members including big evil telling me i should be DEAD at the hands of terrorists, and no one thinks that is strange, punishable, and/or simply makes him a pretty awful person. or that nobody follows me around everywhere and flames me everywhere he possibly can.

and im the bad guy whos always causing trouble on AO? bull****.

nothing i said was factually wrong, nothing i said was rude, insulting, or an attack on anyone or anything. but im the *******.
Quote Originally Posted by cockerpunk View Post

Actually, EVERYTHING you said is wrong. Listen closely young man and learn not to insult someones business model or their intelligence.
1-AGD is actually AGD USA INC.
2-Roman is a former employee of AGD and has NOTHING to do with AGD USA. The owner's name is DAVE not Roman.
3-It is not run out of boxes. The shop is immaculate. Dave is the second smartest man I have ever met. You know who the first one is and it is not you. You honestly have no idea.
4-It is not run out of a garage. They do not have a retail shop so you can't go visit unless you are special...same way as I run my business.
5-They have plenty of new parts and more being made all the time.
6-They still make guns. They still sell guns. They still make parts. They still sell parts.

Is there anything else you need to know or be corrected on?

going_home
11-17-2015, 08:14 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-jtyA387aajU/UemeQKtXEDI/AAAAAAAALJg/-XNCC0Q7vgc/s1600/red_skelton.jpg

boo
11-18-2015, 02:03 AM
Its confusing because Dave is the one running the place, but the email on the web page says roman@agd. Anyways Dave did respond pretty quickly

xvalves -Only black.

I have a couple Purple ULE bodies left.

Which is good because I like purple, he quoted a price for a complete marker as well. Hopefully I can order one next month.

blackdeath1k
11-18-2015, 03:59 AM
Its confusing because Dave is the one running the place, but the email on the web page says roman@agd. Anyways Dave did respond pretty quickly

Which is good because I like purple, he quoted a price for a complete marker as well. Hopefully I can order one next month.

If your willing to wait. Depending how long till he needed more valves. You could prob pay a fee for getting a purple valve. Wouldn't be cheap. But depends how interested you are.

knownothingmags
11-18-2015, 09:02 AM
If your willing to wait. Depending how long till he needed more valves. You could prob pay a fee for getting a purple valve. Wouldn't be cheap. But depends how interested you are.

hell id throw money in for a blue, purple, and a new released green X valve. :D

boo
11-18-2015, 12:29 PM
Well, some reputable member here want to contact romanr@airgun.com (actually Dave even though it says Roman) and set up a group buy for a skittles bag of x valves? Or at least see what the buyin would need to be?

blackdeath1k
11-18-2015, 01:06 PM
I've looked in to all kinds of one off color parts in the past. It's almost always been 100 bucks on top of single unit ano cost. And then the wait for the next product run to have a bare part to begin with. Almost anyone with a small business runs on the concept of money talks.

cockerpunk
11-18-2015, 02:11 PM
Quote Originally Posted by cockerpunk View Post

Actually, EVERYTHING you said is wrong. Listen closely young man and learn not to insult someones business model or their intelligence.
1-AGD is actually AGD USA INC.
2-Roman is a former employee of AGD and has NOTHING to do with AGD USA. The owner's name is DAVE not Roman.
3-It is not run out of boxes. The shop is immaculate. Dave is the second smartest man I have ever met. You know who the first one is and it is not you. You honestly have no idea.
4-It is not run out of a garage. They do not have a retail shop so you can't go visit unless you are special...same way as I run my business.
5-They have plenty of new parts and more being made all the time.
6-They still make guns. They still sell guns. They still make parts. They still sell parts.

Is there anything else you need to know or be corrected on?

i didn't insult anyone's business model, or intelligence. quite the opposite. i wish more old gun companies were run like AGD.

1. not a point of disagreement
2. Roman was the name i remember last time i called them, and specifically put a question mark afterwards because i was not sure of it. it seems he does indeed go by "roman" in some conversations. would it be incorrect to call you "tuna" even though i assume that is not your real name?
3. you understand that a company run out of boxes will still have a shop space right? i mean you have to assemble, test, and measure parts and assemblies. such a space need not be large.
4. glad to hear that, is it an office facility, storage facility, or production facility? where is it?
5. i said as much
6. i also said as much

our only point seems to be where this facility is, not the form, function, or products and services AGD provides. the address listed on the website is a residential one. why they would not list there own business address on there website if they had a site on a business or industrial flat is beyond me.

in a world of google street view, a simple address of this facility is all i need.

here is maybe the best question when it comes to the size/might/production capability of AGD ... is it a one man operation at this point? AGDs business incorperation documents list Dave as the owner, who we presume also answers the email labeled "roman" which would point to it being a one man operation. however they also list a "roman randel" as well. i also assume its daves house the address listed on the AGD website. 401 Florine Court, Cary, IL 60013

a search for both names on linked-in shows no one, but does show several ex-AGD employees, all list there end of employment date as 2005. AGD itself is listed on linked-in as a "1-10" employee company https://www.linkedin.com/company/6525103?trk=prof-exp-company-name they also list themselves as a "logistics and supply chain" company ... run out of boxes sounding familiar?

EDIT: doing more sleuthing yields this address: 804 Seton CT Wheeling, Illinois which is in an industrial/business area, however only 814 and 800 seton are listed in street view. hard to tell though there is a strip of offices right there.

cockerpunk
11-18-2015, 02:34 PM
actually here is dave's linked-in https://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=ADEAAA3zHNgBoCAxPOXzUf4W09dS3NtJgLzaN_g&authType=NAME_SEARCH&authToken=ogw2&locale=en_US&srchid=3977541341447875229963&srchindex=5&srchtotal=10&trk=vsrp_people_res_name&trkInfo=VSRPsearchId%3A3977541341447875229963%2CVS RPtargetId%3A234036440%2CVSRPcmpt%3Aprimary%2CVSRP nm%3Atrue%2CauthType%3ANAME_SEARCH

which lists him as self employed.

cockerpunk
11-18-2015, 02:55 PM
interesting i ran across this: http://sporttoday.org/16_46c15aa773687707_1.htm

which is a job listing by dave about AGD. it also lists the 804 address. the time stamp is Jan 2000.

this likely leads to the conclusion that the 804 location was the location of the shop in AGDs "prime" which leads me to doubt that is the current location of the shop. pointing once again, to the 401 residential address as the current site of the AGD facility (as listed by AGD on the website currently).

if they are not in someone's garage/house/barn etc ... they are doing a pretty good job of presenting that location as there location.

cockerpunk
11-18-2015, 03:00 PM
well they have an A+ rating from the BBB, so thats good news. ;)

http://www.bbb.org/chicago/business-reviews/manufacturers-and-producers/airgun-designs-in-cary-il-88391219

BBB also says they have 4 employees. interesting. and lists the 401 address as its location.

cockerpunk
11-18-2015, 03:03 PM
interesting old thread on AGD from 2007, some familiar faces even ...

http://automags.org/forums/printthread.php?t=224527

knownothingmags
11-18-2015, 03:09 PM
yippy you can operate the internet. :dance:

cockerpunk
11-18-2015, 03:11 PM
AGD-OfficeGal's last post was in 2009: http://automags.org/forums/search.php?searchid=42574

she says AGD "moved far far far away" from her and she is doing remote CS and book keeping.

cockerpunk
11-18-2015, 03:11 PM
yippy you can operate the internet. :dance:

rather deal in facts and evidence than innuendo and accusations.

i've asked repeatedly for evidence confirming there is an AGD production facility that is not Dave (romans?) garage. such evidence has not been presented, i've simply been insulted, so i decided to look for myself.

skipdogg
11-18-2015, 03:46 PM
All im going to add is that Roman and Dave are NOT the same person. So there's that....

boo
11-18-2015, 03:53 PM
Pretty common knowledge that AGD's office was in Wheeling, it is definitely not there anymore. Wheeling and Carey are about an hour apart.

cockerpunk
11-18-2015, 04:20 PM
All im going to add is that Roman and Dave are NOT the same person. So there's that....

yup, seems to be the case. though dave does respond to the roman email.

Pretty common knowledge that AGD's office was in Wheeling, it is definitely not there anymore. Wheeling and Carey are about an hour apart.

to a residential address.

i should just call/text TK. but i think the evidence speaks for itself really.

i have not revealed because i do not like to deal with rumor and innuendo either about my source. back in 2010ish when techpb was going well for mike, he had an idea for a show where he would mail a camera around to different paintball companies, and they could shoot whatever they wanted to, and send it all back to him and he could make a "behind the scenes" style show about paintball companies. it seemed like a decent enough idea, so, i got assigned to call up AGD cause mike knew i was into old guns and loved mags. so i called them up and talked to someone, could have been dave, maybe roman, dont remember. but he was interested because AGD was kinda making headlines because TK had been on the techpb show a couple of months before hand. but commented that he didn't have much to show, just boxes of parts, and a workbench type stuff with a phone, that it wouldn't make for much of a show. i do not suspect that AGD's business has picked up substantially in the last nearly 6 years. and anyway, the show never got made.

anyway, i don't like to deal in innuendo, but thats what they told me and why. combined with my internet sleuthing here, it tells its story.

love to see evidence to the contrary tuna. instead of insulting me, why don't you provide some of your own.

boo
11-18-2015, 04:56 PM
I replied to Dave's email with a link here and I asked him about the possibility of colored xvalves if he had enough pre orders. It would be good to get the info from the source and maybe let Dave know that he's still got a rabid fan base looking for new products.

cockerpunk
11-18-2015, 04:59 PM
I replied to Dave's email with a link here and I asked him about the possibility of colored xvalves if he had enough pre orders. It would be good to get the info from the source and maybe let Dave know that he's still got a rabid fan base looking for new products.

great idea. dave/roman etc should hang around here more in general to avoid threads like these entirely.

never understood why TK, despite leaving paintball, always had a bigger presence on here than current AGD did.

boo
11-18-2015, 05:06 PM
My guess is most of the old school paintball company employees can't stand the internet and do as much interaction with it as minimally necessary. Its super toxic and often times a waste of time. Look at Bob Longs website, hasn't been updated in 2 years, yet he still is going strong. I think Bob Longs been pretty vocal about how much it hurts him to log into these forums.

Tom Kaye appears because he got out, he doesn't need to deflect criticism and attempt to appease everyone as an industry servant. He can jump in as a legend and bask in his awesomeness without some schmuck telling him he sucks and doesn't know how to run a business.

great idea. dave/roman etc should hang around here more in general to avoid threads like these entirely.

never understood why TK, despite leaving paintball, always had a bigger presence on here than current AGD did.

cockerpunk
11-18-2015, 05:11 PM
My guess is most of the old school paintball company employees can't stand the internet and do as much interaction with it as minimally necessary. Its super toxic and often times a waste of time. Look at Bob Longs website, hasn't been updated in 2 years, yet he still is going strong. I think Bob Longs been pretty vocal about how much it hurts him.

Tom Kaye appears because he got out, he doesn't need to deflect criticism and attempt to appease everyone as an industry servant. He can jump in as a legend and bask in his awesomeness without some schmuck telling him he sucks and doesn't know how to run a business.

AO was always something different though. TK, and the techs and customer service folks from AGD used to be on here quite frequently.

though i get what your saying. threads like this make reasonable people want to shoot themselves in the face with the absurd personal vendettas and off-topic rants and raves.

blackdeath1k
11-18-2015, 05:47 PM
This was a passion for TK. He did this and other ventures out of the love of doing it. If you can make money doing what you love. You never really have to work. And yes. Back in the day a few of the people at AGD were on here. But TK was still the primary then from what I can remember.

Nobody
11-18-2015, 07:03 PM
So in all honesty, what did you accomplish? There is the truth, like a company purposely misleading or creating a faulty product that could be a danger or even the huge cost difference(a gun that costs say $100 to build but they gouge 4 figures to the consumer) or just take the simple fact that AGD is still alive and well, new products(though no new innovations) are being made, servicing is still accomplished with certified techs, and though the product list might be scant compared to paintballs huge ear(circa 2000s) yet you can still get one of the best engineered guns in paintball.

So, what is the point of all this "dectective" work, other than to prove a point that near no one actually cared about?

boo
11-18-2015, 08:14 PM
So in all honesty, what did you accomplish? There is the truth, like a company purposely misleading or creating a faulty product that could be a danger or even the huge cost difference(a gun that costs say $100 to build but they gouge 4 figures to the consumer) or just take the simple fact that AGD is still alive and well, new products(though no new innovations) are being made, servicing is still accomplished with certified techs, and though the product list might be scant compared to paintballs huge ear(circa 2000s) yet you can still get one of the best engineered guns in paintball.

So, what is the point of all this "dectective" work, other than to prove a point that near no one actually cared about?

While Cockerpunks goal was to prove himself "right", purely self serving, my goal was to get a status update on parts for markers that we will have for a very long time. It would also be good to know what can be had for upcoming projects or the availability of brand new markers. While we don't have a "right to know" it still would be nice to know.

It would also be nice to get some thread cleanup here without offending any party in the right/wrong battle so we can hopefully not scare off anyone at liberty to give us actual answers from the source.

And for everyone arguing with cockerpunk for your own purpose of being right, your doing an equal disservice to the community and also demonstrating why people like Tom Kaye, or other industry people stay away from forums. Being right is more important to some of you then having cool paintball markers.

The average age of posters in this thread is twice the average age of pbnation, lets act like it.

cockerpunk
11-18-2015, 09:41 PM

you cared enough about it to follow me around and insult me. big evil cared enough about it to say i should be dead in a terrorist attack. and tuna cared enough about it to threaten to ban me over it. nice job moving the goal posts. it was not me who made this a big deal.

remember, i just stated what i thought was common knowledge, you guys decided to insult me over it. i was simply defending not based on innuendo and reputation, my post. im glad we can all agree it was, more or less, correct.

if i had not been viciously attacked by the membership, i would not have to defend my post.

cockerpunk
11-18-2015, 10:17 PM
i mean its a self fulfilling prophecy.

I post something, not attacking anyone, not with any condescending tone or insulting anyone or anything, and this post more or less contains common automag knowledge.

you guys attack it.

I have to explain further my post, cite evidence, and post it.

"oh Cockerpunk just always has to prove how smart he is .... blah blah blah"

well yeah, i do, because you guys attack me every time i post something. so i have to defend what i post, even moreso when its not an opinion but a discussion of facts (see also, debounce thread). and for some reason this makes me the *******?

i try to post helpful and common knowledge things now, but they still have around a 50% blow up rate of you guys attacking me for them. it seems even common knowledge and tech tips in order to help someone solve a problem or answer a question are fair game for these attacks. im just trying to help, and then im attacked and forced to defend myself, merely reinforcing your misunderstanding that im some arrogant ass. no, i just don't know what will trigger attack mode, and i have defend my statements, and i can, because they are mostly correct. i cant figure out how this is my fault.

Nobody
11-18-2015, 10:19 PM
you cared enough about it to follow me around and insult me. big evil cared enough about it to say i should be dead in a terrorist attack. and tuna cared enough about it to threaten to ban me over it. nice job moving the goal posts. it was not me who made this a big deal.

remember, i just stated what i thought was common knowledge, you guys decided to insult me over it. i was simply defending not based on innuendo and reputation, my post. im glad we can all agree it was, more or less, correct.

if i had not been viciously attacked by the membership, i would not have to defend my post.

Lol... If "following" you is to go to a new post on a forum, that i actually JOINED before you, or was I just going to the newest post in a new or active post? Then why haven't i done it on MCB, PBN, Inception Designs forum or TechPB. Oh wait, the forst 2 you were banned from, Inception Designs- i was asked to lay off you & TechPb, is it even still around? Do not think highly of yourself. You are not that important for me to do that. I just like to see the hole you dig for yourself, in almost each and every post you make.

As for insulting, were have i done so here? Oh wait, if anyone disagrees with you, you take it as an insult. Look again, i asked a question that you haven't answered.

You are the mind of child that needs to know how a magician does a magic trick, instead of reveling in the art. AGD is alive, new products are still coming out, & even your offhanded comments of "the business model", are taken as offensive, not by me, but near an entire forum. Remember, the finger you point has 3 pointing back at you...

So you were proven wrong in your assumptions, your "common knowledge", yet you won't admit it. An intelligent person would accept the mistake and learn from it. Its a good show of character. Take the hint...

Nobody
11-18-2015, 10:21 PM
i mean its a self fulfilling prophecy.

I post something, not attacking anyone, not with any condescending tone or insulting anyone or anything, and this post more or less contains common automag knowledge.

you guys attack it.

I have to explain further my post, cite evidence, and post it.

"oh Cockerpunk just always has to prove how smart he is .... blah blah blah"

well yeah, i do, because you guys attack me every time i post something. so i have to defend what i post, even moreso when its not an opinion but a discussion of facts (see also, debounce thread). and for some reason this makes me the *******?

i try to post helpful and common knowledge things now, but they still have around a 50% blow up rate of you guys attacking me for them. it seems even common knowledge and tech tips in order to help someone solve a problem or answer a question are fair game for these attacks. im just trying to help, and then im attacked and forced to defend myself, merely reinforcing your misunderstanding that im some arrogant ass. no, i just don't know what will trigger attack mode, and i have defend my statements.

Stop making wrong, stupid, or ignorant posts and you won't be attacked. If you are wrong say so, and learn something.

OneSelfLost
11-18-2015, 11:55 PM
OMG Nobody cares!

No really, he actually does..

(Nobody.. I've wanted to say that for far too long.. Haha) Cheers man!

boo
11-19-2015, 12:02 AM
Dave got back to me again today, he did confirm that he just did a new batch of xvalves a few months ago. So, it will be a long time before he does another run. He says the cost to add color would probably be $100 on top of the standard valve price and it would need to be enough people to cover the $100's spent to set up and assemble a run.

So far we've gotten the following answers directly from the source
Yes AGD is still in business, its being run by Dave Zupan who was the VP and Tom's right hand man.
Yes they still service markers/honor warranties
Yes, you can buy a new AGD marker but are seriously limited by color
Yes, AGD is still producing new parts so they are more then boxes of old parts
No, AGD does not machine their own parts (although as mentioned before, did they ever?)
Maybe, with enough peoples money you can pay above and beyond the price of a normal xvalve to get colors.

And anyone with enough skills to use google maps can see they are run out of a house, whether that's a garage, toolshed, basement, whatever.

So there you have it, after all these posts of bickering, speculation pulled out of asses, being told its not our business, its probably just easier to ask the source some questions then posing it to a stupid forum. Hence why there's no reason for anyone from AGD to be active over here.