PDA

View Full Version : What Pod Pack Do You Use ?

going_home
11-17-2015, 08:31 PM
Been using an old JT slam pod pod pack for the better part of 15 years with standard pods.

Velcro came off on one side so I decided to try a vertical pack.

Its incredibly uncomfortable and awkward to use and I cant seem to get the center one out of the pack, and forget putting the empties back.

Almost all packs are vertical, how do people do it ?

Just spent 90 bux on a pack and now I've decided to get new velcro and fix the old one.....

:(

JKR
11-17-2015, 09:21 PM
Although I don't use this, throwing it out there as an option for you...

Check out the APP "packs" page linked below, it might have something you like.

http://www.allenpaintball.com/retailframeset.html

blackdeath1k
11-17-2015, 10:33 PM
I've got a redz tournament pack I got on clearance from discount paintball. And a couple BT vests and packs I got on closout from and geàr. Paid less than 20 each for all of it. Works great.

blackdeath1k
11-17-2015, 10:35 PM
BTW. The reason I love the modular vest is because I could position the pods where I wanted them.

Dayspring
11-17-2015, 11:47 PM
BunkerKings Supreme Pack

http://www.nickpapandria.com/pics/Paintball/BK_Supreme_Pack.jpg

Laku
11-18-2015, 01:04 AM
Empire fast pack. Been thinking about getting BunkerKing for secondary.

http://img0014.psstatic.com/154320580_empire-fast-pack-sn-7-pod-paintball-harness---blue-.jpg

Cyco-Dude
11-18-2015, 01:29 AM
usually none, but when i do use one i use a proto fighter harness (http://www.ansgear.com/Proto_08_2008_Fighter_Paintball_Harness_3_4_Pack_p/protofighterharness34.htm).

Ragu310
11-18-2015, 02:24 AM
I still prefer the JT Slam pack too. It's comfortable for me.

Nobody
11-18-2015, 03:58 AM
I use an old Empire pack that i got from Simon, but i will be needing a new pack soon. No clue on what one.

Now for the vertical tubes. It helps not having a gut, as its best to have the pack ride along the waist(i know, pot calling the kettle, black ;) ). I pull more from the off hand than gun hand, but when not under fire or in the dead zone, will.move pods to the ends, so i will have a count of what i have on me, as well as making it easier to pull pods. So that its easier to pull, than trying to reaching the center. I think mine is a 4 pod, but have the loops which are literally pull & toss. Not meant to be put back in under fire.

cougar20th
11-18-2015, 08:49 AM
My go to pod packs are old 32* 4 horizontal +1(bottle) style or 6 Horizonal +1(Bottle) style. Problem is they are getting old and starting to fall apart.

Dayspring
11-18-2015, 09:56 AM
I have to say - I was worried about the no-straps thing on the BK pack, but I REALLY like it. Especially with the 165 round pods. And to Nobody's statement, it's 4 in the tubes, but room for another 7 in the elastic rings. They did just release a 3+4 and a 5+8 this week, just not as nice looking as mine. :D

Spider-TW
11-18-2015, 10:06 AM
I have a surplus fighting load carrier with a variety of packs and pouches. I really like it because I like to play most of the day and that means;

1) I need suspenders to keep everything in place as I run around and loose water.

2) It is generally vented with few hot spots.

3) On really hot days, I found the stretchy-belts to inhibit circulation through my mid section, which is a severe limitation around here (and in Florida).

It puts more load on your shoulders and middle back, so when you carry heavier pod loads, you still snug the belt up relative to your conditions. When playing light you can just put the little stuff on the front.

It holds two 140 pods left and right on the back (4 total there), but those need a pair of extra velcro strips each to stay in place as the pod packs are not full MOLLE weave.

skipdogg
11-18-2015, 10:12 AM
BunkerKings Supreme Pack

http://www.nickpapandria.com/pics/Paintball/BK_Supreme_Pack.jpg

Seconded. No reason to get any other pod pack...

captian pinky
11-18-2015, 10:48 AM
i use an older invert pack. i normally only carry a pod or 2 with me and if i shoot all of that some serious stuff happend. The main reason i won't go with a strapless pack is because i also use the app 50 rnd pods for pump play.

SummaryJudgement
11-19-2015, 12:34 PM
DYE Attack pack is my current favorite. I've also liked my Redz 6+2 and old school Indian Springs Rabbit pack :)

kevdupuis
11-19-2015, 04:52 PM
Still use an old Mantis pack I picked up at Skyball in either 01 or 02.

audioSLAVE
11-19-2015, 05:40 PM
I still use a JT pack too or the Redz version of it. I pick them up when I see them on BST. If you want to start fresh let me know and I can check the "inventory".

BLachance75
11-19-2015, 06:55 PM
I had Rich at Topstitch make me one of his M-Packs that he use to make way back. I have little t-rex arms and can'teasily reach the middle pod in a standard 3+2 vertical pack. I also hate trying to put an empty pod back into a vertical pack, and the pods on the expanders have a habit of opening up.

This is what I had made probably about 5 years ago. He had said that he makes them to order from old patterns. I believe I paid somewhere around $60-75 but I'm not positive. The elastic on the belt at this point is about at the end of its life. I'm most likely going to see if I can get somebody to replace it.

http://i561.photobucket.com/albums/ss59/blachance75/IMG-20110208-00002.jpg (http://s561.photobucket.com/user/blachance75/media/IMG-20110208-00002.jpg.html)
http://i561.photobucket.com/albums/ss59/blachance75/IMG-20110208-00001.jpg (http://s561.photobucket.com/user/blachance75/media/IMG-20110208-00001.jpg.html)

magman313
11-20-2015, 09:44 PM
I have a redz vertical pack just like the jt one i would sell to you cheap, ill check out the shape its in if your interested but it was used for only a couple seasons and has been sitting. Pm me if your interested, not looking to make much of anything off of it.

ScottyBeans
11-20-2015, 09:55 PM
Critical pack for me. I think they are the best packs out there.

mpsd
11-21-2015, 11:40 AM
NXe are still the best ones for me.

going_home
11-22-2015, 03:08 PM
Got new velcro sewn back on the slam pack.

Holds 4 of the 185 round Pinokio pods.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b195/going_home/20151121_195622.jpg (http://s19.photobucket.com/user/going_home/media/20151121_195622.jpg.html)

;)

ghost flanker
12-10-2015, 11:24 AM
Critical pack for me. I think they are the best packs out there.
The elastic bands tended to slip off and lose pods while sliding feet first down a hill or behind a low bunker. I loved the idea of a Velcro-less design, but in practice it wasn't for me.

zulubravo44
12-10-2015, 02:20 PM
ronin gear 5x10rd tube wrist carrier. except i wear it on my right bicep usually, not my wrist.

kutter
12-10-2015, 02:47 PM
For speedball I think mine is a DYE 5+6, I never tried putting pods back in since I always played back, to the fence they would go. For scenarios it is some 4 pod horizontal I got forever ago and put suspenders on so it can ride lower and I can still wear my Camelback Mule.

Menace_AO
12-10-2015, 03:02 PM
The elastic bands tended to slip off and lose pods while sliding feet first down a hill or behind a low bunker. I loved the idea of a Velcro-less design, but in practice it wasn't for me.

This.

I really like the idea of the efficiency of a strapless pack, but when sliding into a bunker or just bumping into things, tripping and falling down, or whatever, what keeps the pods from dumping?

And I don't mean falling out; I mean opening and spilling their contents. The straps not only hold the pods in, they keep the lids shut under stress.

How do these strapless designs deal with that issue?

kutter
12-10-2015, 03:25 PM
This.

I really like the idea of the efficiency of a strapless pack, but when sliding into a bunker or just bumping into things, tripping and falling down, or whatever, what keeps the pods from dumping?

And I don't mean falling out; I mean opening and spilling their contents. The straps not only hold the pods in, they keep the lids shut under stress.

How do these strapless designs deal with that issue?

It happens, but not as often as you might think, I found as the lids got loose on pods I would toss them out or move them to my scenario setup since it is horizontal with straps. But even doing that occasionally you would pull one out that had dumped. It always seemed a small sacrifice for the speed with which you can get to them in a fast paced game.

zondo
12-10-2015, 05:50 PM
BunkerKings Supreme Pack

Empire fast pack. Been thinking about getting BunkerKing for secondary.

http://img0014.psstatic.com/154320580_empire-fast-pack-sn-7-pod-paintball-harness---blue-.jpg

I have to say - I was worried about the no-straps thing on the BK pack, but I REALLY like it. Especially with the 165 round pods. And to Nobody's statement, it's 4 in the tubes, but room for another 7 in the elastic rings. They did just release a 3+4 and a 5+8 this week, just not as nice looking as mine. :D

I've been thinking about this after seeing some of you guys playing with them at TB 8.

I've been running with an Invert 5+4 and a GXG 3+4. The Invert pack is more than I really need unless I play a big game with my Axe, but hey at $20 shipped and NIB it was a good deal 8 or 9 years ago.

Any issues with them at all?

Laku
12-11-2015, 12:51 AM
Any issues with them at all?

Not that I know of.

capt spank
12-11-2015, 09:29 AM

wait. did bk come out with a 5+8 or hk? if bk did then tell me where to find it. i loved the 4 pack, i just wanted to run with 5 pods. the hk is not an option for fat guys from my understanding.

Dayspring
12-11-2015, 10:31 PM
wait. did bk come out with a 5+8 or hk? if bk did then tell me where to find it. i loved the 4 pack, i just wanted to run with 5 pods. the hk is not an option for fat guys from my understanding.

http://www.virtuepb.com/site/bunkerkings-supreme-paintball-pack-bunkerkings-strapless-paintball-harness/

capt spank
12-11-2015, 10:49 PM
Dude. You just made my day :)

vintage
12-12-2015, 05:45 AM
My go to pod packs are old 32* 4 horizontal +1(bottle) style or 6 Horizonal +1(Bottle) style. Problem is they are getting old and starting to fall apart.

the 4 +1 was my favorite. i would like to find a horizontal the is easy to stuff the pods back in without fighting the straps like i have to now.

Dayspring
12-12-2015, 02:49 PM
Dude. You just made my day :)

Spreading Christmas joy wherever I can. :D

vintage
12-12-2015, 10:27 PM
hey Allen, your favorite paintball store lists them for $10.99 :hater:(at least on the bottom of the page on ebay).

vintage
12-12-2015, 10:37 PM
hey Allen, your favorite paintball store lists them for $10.99 :hater:(at least on the bottom of the page on ebay).

of course when you go to the website it's listed as discontinued.

knownothingmags
12-12-2015, 10:52 PM
eclipse make something about the same,
did they rip them off?

Dayspring
12-13-2015, 12:15 AM
eclipse make something about the same,
did they rip them off?

Eclipse had BK make them with PE branding.

knownothingmags
12-13-2015, 12:26 AM
Eclipse had BK make them with PE branding.

oh ok

going_home
12-13-2015, 02:28 PM

Craigslist ?

That's my favorite paintball site ;)

vintage
12-14-2015, 05:50 AM
a little tongue in cheek--ans.

going_home
12-15-2015, 11:44 AM
a little tongue in cheek--ans.

Havent bought anything in 10 years from ANS.

I did buy and pay with Paypal 4 of the $69.95 Shocker RSX's they had on their site, but all they did was do a refund.

Imagine that !

vintage
12-15-2015, 12:41 PM
Havent bought anything in 10 years from ANS.

I did buy and pay with Paypal 4 of the $69.95 Shocker RSX's they had on their site, but all they did was do a refund.

Imagine that !

i ordered a yellow cp mini rail and yellow cp mini on/off asa, got backordered, when they showed up i received a yellow standard asa and a crappy yellow/green on off asa. my first and last purchase from them.

Temo Vryce
12-15-2015, 05:59 PM
Hey Dayspring I've been interested in getting a BK supreme pack, but i have concerns considering the reviews that stated that the BK packs would lose their grip on the pods over time. Have you had any experience with this issue and your pack?

Dayspring
12-16-2015, 08:33 AM
Hey Dayspring I've been interested in getting a BK supreme pack, but i have concerns considering the reviews that stated that the BK packs would lose their grip on the pods over time. Have you had any experience with this issue and your pack?

Not yet - though it's still pretty new. I think it COULD be a concern years down the line, but if my NXE pack was any gauge, it'd be almost 10 years before the elastic loses any stretch. (technically, mine is STILL going after 10 years, it's just that the top ejection straps weren't as "new" as they were)

boo
12-16-2015, 05:32 PM
On a whim I needed something for a 12'ie marker and bought a Empire BT bandolier with 4 horizontal packs. They also make 6 horizontal packs. They are cheap, both in price and material, but that might be worth checking out.

I'm not good enough for the back pod packs or rich enough to discard pods every hopper dump so I wear that on my front. Its a lot easier to dump and put the pods back in. Plus the bottle compartment looks hilarious stuffed with 12'ies when wearing it backwards. I do break pods sometimes when sliding but they are strapped in so they stayed in the pod.

http://shop.empirepaintball.com/product/509/empire-bt-harness-bandolier-tht

JonM
12-24-2015, 12:40 PM
Up until recently, I've used a Redz pack since the late '90s. If it weren't for the fact that the Velcro finally wore out on my belt, I'd still be using it. I'm now using a Dye Assault pack which is nice but I still like my old Redz pack more. If I ever find a NOS belt for it, I'll be sure to snag it quick.

going_home
12-24-2015, 03:52 PM
Up until recently, I've used a Redz pack since the late '90s. If it weren't for the fact that the Velcro finally wore out on my belt, I'd still be using it. I'm now using a Dye Assault pack which is nice but I still like my old Redz pack more. If I ever find a NOS belt for it, I'll be sure to snag it quick.

I went on Ebay and bought a roll of 2" width velcro for less than $5 dollars shipped and had a local embroidery lady I use to put my company logo on shirts sew it on the old JT pack.

Old school pack back in business.

Now I have a new $96 dollar pack collecting dust.....

:(