PDA

View Full Version : Adjustable Output Regs

kutter
12-03-2015, 05:17 AM
Ok, I am a bit dumfounded here. So I have a Micromag RT in my collection with Intelliframe. When I was playing a lot I ran a 68/3000 Maxflo at about 925 PSI and the trigger was very responsive, bit of a air pig, but I did not really care. So the bottle is out of inspection range now and I am looking to get a new air system for it but here is my dilema. All the info I have found on the Ninja and Guerilla regs suggest they only go up to 850 and I am concerned it will not be sufficient to give mne that really bouncy trigger that I loved. Does anyone have some personal experience with either of those systems and an RT Mag or know if either can be raised above 850 for output pressure?

vintage
12-03-2015, 05:48 AM
the standard Ninja high pressure can be shimmed up over 900, the super high pressure comes at 1100 and can be reduced to 950.

blackdeath1k
12-03-2015, 08:05 AM
Here is stats on the ninja v2 shp pressures. Ninja paintball even got involved. http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?271370-ninja-V2-SHP-output-pressures&highlight=Ninja+shp+pressures

Nobody
12-03-2015, 10:05 AM
Use a regular output tank, adjust the on/off pin by taking off small amounts of length then testing it. Simplest, easiest method to get RT effect...

UncleStasiu
12-03-2015, 01:20 PM
One more option: put a new bottle on your MaxFlo. Crossfire sells tanks without a reg, or get a Ninja and sell the reg out of it. I've done the latter twice now. It's a wash on the money, but I get to keep cool old regs in service rather than tossing them on the scrap heap.

Automag Ranger
12-03-2015, 01:29 PM
One more option: put a new bottle on your MaxFlo. Crossfire sells tanks without a reg, or get a Ninja and sell the reg out of it. I've done the latter twice now. It's a wash on the money, but I get to keep cool old regs in service rather than tossing them on the scrap heap.

I do the same thing. I have the 4500psi 3rd Gen Smart Parts In-Line Max-Flo system for my x-valve Minimag and an AGD 3000psi Flatline system for my RT MicroMag. I re-hydro the tanks as long as I can, then buy a new tank without the reg.

kutter
12-03-2015, 04:15 PM
Thanks very much for all the info everyone. I think I am going to go with 68/4500 Ninja to replace the aging Max-Flo for now and then see if I can track down just a bottle for the Max-Flo at some point, but if I recall correctly it is reverse thread, is that standard for all bottles?

BigEvil
12-03-2015, 05:54 PM

FYI Crossfire is out of the paintball business. Not sure if they are still selling anything.

UncleStasiu
12-03-2015, 07:26 PM
FYI Crossfire is out of the paintball business. Not sure if they are still selling anything.
Huh, you're right. When did that happen?

BigEvil
12-03-2015, 07:32 PM
Huh, you're right. When did that happen?

When it became more profitable to take gov't contracts than make paintball stuff.

kutter
12-03-2015, 08:31 PM
So as it turns out I am not crazy, well I might still be, but, all the info I was finding for Crossfire stuff was outdated.

Now I know they did not even make their own bottles, most of the ones I am familiar with are Luxfer, I am sure there are others as well. Does anyone have a source of supply for just a fiber bottle to fit and old Max-Flo 3000psi?

Oh, and can someone tell me, do I just buy the normal high output Ninja adjustable tank and it can be raised above 850psi by adding/removing, shims and/or springs? I watched a quick video so it seems fairly straight forward, just not sure if you have to special order to get one to go over 950psi output pressure.

blackdeath1k
12-03-2015, 08:34 PM
So as it turns out I am not crazy, well I might still be, but, all the info I was finding for Crossfire stuff was outdated.

Now I know they did not even make their own bottles, most of the ones I am familiar with are Luxfer, I am sure there are others as well. Does anyone have a source of supply for just a fiber bottle to fit and old Max-Flo 3000psi?

Oh, and can someone tell me, do I just buy the normal high output Ninja adjustable tank and it can be raised above 850psi by adding/removing, shims and/or springs? I watched a quick video so it seems fairly straight forward, just not sure if you have to special order to get one to go over 950psi output pressure.

Ninja SHP goes up to 1200 or so

livinglikeakid
12-04-2015, 03:26 AM

I used a ninja dura tank with SHP NINJA set to 1200 and found it returned the trigger so hard that it was uncomfortable. Check Ninja gear for bottles and regs sold together if you are looking for new.

Nobody
12-04-2015, 06:44 AM
I used a ninja dura tank with SHP NINJA set to 1200 and found it returned the trigger so hard that it was uncomfortable. Check Ninja gear for bottles and regs sold together if you are looking for new.

I will reiterate. You do not need to pump INSANE pressures to get the RT effect. Modify the on/off pin(trial and error-my guns RT great at about a .720 length pin with a standard 800psi/hp preset) and there is no need to get new regs, or more importantly have a tank that is purely dedicated to one gun. As well as, if you use it on any other gun could destroy noids and cause blowouts in any macroline.

Spider-TW
12-04-2015, 10:05 AM
I will reiterate. You do not need to pump INSANE pressures to get the RT effect. Modify the on/off pin(trial and error-my guns RT great at about a .720 length pin with a standard 800psi/hp preset) and there is no need to get new regs, or more importantly have a tank that is purely dedicated to one gun. As well as, if you use it on any other gun could destroy noids and cause blowouts in any macroline.

You should do that with a spare pin around. I've met a couple of people that had pins too short, which fire on pull and release of the trigger (sometimes more than once). The valve wasn't really RT'ing, it was free running. The valve didn't want to RT. When you get it real close to that point, the tension on the field strip screw can decide how it will run. Otherwise, it works pretty well. The shorter it gets, the more you should keep the pin in the same marker.

At the same time, if you collect a good amount of mags, having a dedicated HP tank for multiple markers (and another tank or two for others) isn't a bad deal. :)

I could never get behind a dedicated tank for a single marker. I did try.

captian pinky
12-04-2015, 10:51 AM
At one time i had a stack of pins that were too short. not sure what i did with them. ranging from low .6 to .7 i can honestly say that alot of people have no idea what they are doing when shaving the pin down. i think anything under .735 is probably to short and you are starting to lose actual control of the rt itself.

i prefer to have alot of control over the rt so i dont run up and accidentally shoot someone more than once.

Nobody
12-04-2015, 11:16 AM
You should do that with a spare pin around. I've met a couple of people that had pins too short, which fire on pull and release of the trigger (sometimes more than once). The valve wasn't really RT'ing, it was free running. The valve didn't want to RT. When you get it real close to that point, the tension on the field strip screw can decide how it will run. Otherwise, it works pretty well. The shorter it gets, the more you should keep the pin in the same marker.

At the same time, if you collect a good amount of mags, having a dedicated HP tank for multiple markers (and another tank or two for others) isn't a bad deal. :)

I could never get behind a dedicated tank for a single marker. I did try.

On both my Emag and my EP mag(has an Xvalve), after setting up the L10s, had the pins shortened(BigEvil did my Emag & I did the Xvalve). Both guns are very controllable, as i do not like runaway guns. With anything, you take a small amount off and test. .720 or there abouts, is around the magic number but each valve should be tested with the tank you would use normally on it. You can even get pre-shortened pins from Tuna, i believe.

Spider-TW
12-04-2015, 11:19 AM
And where did the long ones (.765) from AGD come from? The classic RT maybe?

Nobody
12-04-2015, 11:42 AM
At one time i had a stack of pins that were too short. not sure what i did with them. ranging from low .6 to .7 i can honestly say that alot of people have no idea what they are doing when shaving the pin down. i think anything under .735 is probably to short and you are starting to lose actual control of the rt itself.

i prefer to have alot of control over the rt so i dont run up and accidentally shoot someone more than once.

Anything under .7 is way to short. Each valve will react(no pun intended) differently to each on/off pin. AGD goes to the safer side with a pin that can RT, but might not always depending on the air systems used or the variable outputs of preset HPA tanks.

I too like to have controllable guns. I will gladly hand my mags over to test them(if you come up to TunaBall, find me). They are BigEvil approved(i have done most of the work with him standing next to me) and very nice to use. But i don't see any reason why you should pump in stupid levels of pressures, which run closer to the burst ratings of macroline and fittings.

When i say shave, i am literally talking about getting a hand file or dremel with a sanding drum and take a .010 or less off. You then reassemble the gun and fire it. See how it feels. If you want more, then take another .010 off. Around .720(a digital micrometer is needed) is about the magic number, but that will vary for each valve. You continue this till you either get the right amount of CONTROLLABLE RT. Small incriments is what is needed. If you mess up, Tuna sells pins for $8 that you can then get in specific lentlgths. Install and go.

So $8 plus S&H for a gun that is custom to you wants/needs with a tank you can out onto anything, or $40+ plus S&H(maybe even the new air fill) for a gun/setup specific tank that can or will reach uncontrollable levels easier... Its simple math to me, but then again i am just Nobody...

Cyco-Dude
12-04-2015, 12:25 PM

crossfire did manufacture their own tanks. i haven't seen anywhere that offers just the bottle, but there's nothing stopping you from buying a tank and selling the regulator. standard ninja hp regs output 800psi. you can buy a ninja reg rebuild kit and add in an extra red shim to bump the pressure up. alternatively, you can get a ninja shp reg (1100psi output) and remove one or more of the shims to decrease the output pressure to get the rt effect you are after.

blackdeath1k
12-04-2015, 01:17 PM
And where did the long ones (.765) from AGD come from? The classic RT maybe?

.744 is the pin length of the original pin in my classic rt. And I'm the second owner from back in the late 90s. So almost 100% sure it is the unmolested factory original.