PDA

View Full Version : Doc's Autococker Thread Barrel Adapter with Freak Kit

Automag Ranger
12-05-2015, 10:02 PM
I have an Autococker threaded freak kit that if I decide to sell my MicroMag, I'd like to run on my Minimag.

If I use one of Doc's barrel adapters with a freak barrel kit, does it negate the usefulness of having a properly sized insert? Will it potentially brake balls as the insert my be necked down from the adapter size?

I know I can always buy a TL freak back if needed, but Doc's adapter seems like the cheaper route to go if it'll work.

Menace_AO
12-05-2015, 11:32 PM
According to Doc, this isn't much of a problem.

You figure using an underbored regular barrel with his adapter would be just as problematic, and nobody really complains about it.

I run one of his adapters and have never had an issue, though on the basis of a mountain of old and new evidence I no longer underbore, so your mileage may vary.

athomas
12-07-2015, 07:02 AM
In most other guns including the ULE body, the breach already exists as part of the body. The adapter creates the breach for the twistlock mag body. The barrel back and different sized inserts attached to the adater will act the same as with any other gun setup.

Automag Ranger
12-07-2015, 07:04 AM
In most other guns including the ULE body, the breach already exists as part of the body. The adapter creates the breach for the twistlock mag body. The barrel back and different sized inserts attached to the adater will act the same as with any other gun setup.

Thank you. That's what I was hoping to hear.