PDA

View Full Version : Emag/Xmag questions

Reactiveraccoon
12-12-2015, 03:20 PM
I'm currently interested in the AGD Emag and Xmag and had some questions about them. I wanted to know if you switch the Emag/Xmag to manual mode if the gun shoots with a reactive trigger like the Automag RT? Will the Emag/Xmag take the SHP regulator at 1100 psi? I read a post about the difference between the Emag and Xmag that said the Xmag has an ACE, my question is what is the ACE? What is the best Emag/Xmag that I should be looking for in the future, like parts components that sort of stuff? What is the BPS on the Emag/Xmag?

Quick story, my family and I weren't down at the local field playing walk-ons wait to join the next game. We had an Automag RT Pro, Automag RT Classic, Minimag, and a 68 Classic automag. Most of the players didn't know what kind of guns we had so I had to give them a history lesson. They didn't consider us a threat with our "Old guns" but a couple rounds later it was a hole different story. All are mags have the level 10 kit installed only the greatest invention ever made for the mag.

Cyco-Dude
12-12-2015, 03:57 PM
I wanted to know if you switch the Emag/Xmag to manual mode if the gun shoots with a reactive trigger like the Automag RT? yes Will the Emag/Xmag take the SHP regulator at 1100 psi? yes I read a post about the difference between the Emag and Xmag that said the Xmag has an ACE, my question is what is the ACE? eyes What is the best Emag/Xmag that I should be looking for in the future, like parts components that sort of stuff? just that it works. anything beyond that is personal preference, but it would want a level 10 bolt at least. if you want a little bit less weight, get one with a ule body and x-valve What is the BPS on the Emag/Xmag? whatever you want, although the stock board maxes out at 15 bps in electronic mode

replies in red.

Reactiveraccoon
12-12-2015, 04:28 PM
Thanks for the info. Sounds like Emag/Xmag will be my next gun after I save some funds.

cockerpunk
12-12-2015, 04:28 PM
yeah the gun shoots like a normal RT/X valve gun when switched the manual and will take a SHP reg.

ACE stands for anti-chop eye. the X mag is unique is that the eye mounted on the floor of the breach, and looks up into the gun. its a reflective eye, not a break beam type.

max BPS of an X mag is somewhere in the high teens/low 20s if i remember correctly. the valve/reg etc can do 25+ without issue, the solenoid is the limiting factor in the E/X mag

vintage
12-12-2015, 04:31 PM
depends on what you want to spend. e mags will be cheaper than x mags if they are stock or close to stock. i have one x mag with 3.2 software that says i can program it for 19 bps but i have no way to really tell as i can't pull a trigger that fast. both the e and x mags have hybrid mode which lets you get rt performance with electronic trigger pull. if you want insane rof try to find one with a morlock or predator board, i have an e mag with a morlock that is insanely fast. with a level 10 you don't need to worry about the ace on the x mag. e mags can be upgraded quite a bit. x mags are rare enough you don't see a lot of changes to them.

maniacmechanic
12-12-2015, 07:22 PM
E's & X's are cool , ( I own both ) X's have a removable breech E's don't ; if your not a warp guy , X's and E's are heavy , X Mod programming ; they will shoot as fast as needed , not all X's had ace

vintage
12-12-2015, 07:30 PM
E's & X's are cool , ( I own both ) X's have a removable breech E's don't ; if your not a warp guy , X's and E's are heavy , X Mod programming ; they will shoot as fast as needed , not all X's had ace

i need to weigh a battery pack just to see how much it adds.

Reactiveraccoon
12-13-2015, 04:31 AM
How do you know what board is in an Emag/Xmag? Where do can you buy a new board or are they discounted?

maniacmechanic
12-13-2015, 07:35 AM
stock ones are harder to find ,, you can find an aftermarket board on these boards ,, it's the only one made as far as I know

BigEvil
12-13-2015, 09:15 AM
An Emag will NOT be as reactive as a mechanical RT is. The sear is much bigger and much heavier than its counterpart in its mech brethren. You can get it to be, but you will sacrifice having the emode work in a desirable fashion.

zondo
12-14-2015, 09:47 AM
Drill the sear out like Swiss cheese to lighten it. [emoji51]

vintage
12-15-2015, 07:34 PM
An Emag will NOT be as reactive as a mechanical RT is. The sear is much bigger and much heavier than its counterpart in its mech brethren. You can get it to be, but you will sacrifice having the emode work in a desirable fashion.

true but i can still waste way too much paint with either my e mags or x mags.:D

rickenbacker22
12-23-2015, 11:58 AM
Drill the sear? Why not just make it out of carbon fiber and have a metal strip where it contacts the bolt

knownothingmags
12-23-2015, 12:24 PM
Drill the sear? Why not just make it out of carbon fiber and have a metal strip where it contacts the bolt

because that would not be a good idea.