PDA

View Full Version : E-Mag leaking out the back of valve

JAKEtheJAB
12-30-2015, 12:26 AM
I bought this E-mag years ago off of ebay. When I aired up the gun it was leaking all over the place and I have never got it working. I want to finally try to repair it and see how it shoots.

At first it was leaking down the barrel, so I upgraded to a level 10 and the leak now seems to be diverted out the back of the valve body. I think the leak is likely due to the fact that a replaced an old brittle Oring (that broke in half) on the back of the valve body with a random Oring I had laying around, which can be seen in the attached images.

My question is, is there a Oring kit that is compatible with my E-Mag? I've checked AGD and only found Oring kits for RT & XValve. I want to replace all of the Orings, thoroughly clean and oil the gun, and see if that stops the leaks.

Thanks in advance

- Jake

Cyco-Dude
12-30-2015, 01:12 AM
all reactive valves function the same, and use the same o-rings (for the most part; emag is different in that it uses quad o-rings in the on/off top).

so if you have a reactive valve (rt, retro, rt pro, emag, x-valve) with a level 7 bolt (or an rt valve) get an rt rebuild kit. if you have a reactive valve with a level 10 bolt, get an x-valve rebuild kit.

JAKEtheJAB
12-30-2015, 10:39 AM
I just bought the Oring replacement kit for the XValve. I will replace all the Orings and see if that fixes the leak.

Thanks

vintage
12-31-2015, 12:27 PM
if its leaking between the 2 halves of the valve its most likely the o ring your questioning. if its leaking out the vent hole in the back half or the velocity adjuster its a different problem.

Tunaman
12-31-2015, 03:34 PM
I bought this E-mag years ago off of ebay. When I aired up the gun it was leaking all over the place and I have never got it working. I want to finally try to repair it and see how it shoots.

At first it was leaking down the barrel, so I upgraded to a level 10 and the leak now seems to be diverted out the back of the valve body. I think the leak is likely due to the fact that a replaced an old brittle Oring (that broke in half) on the back of the valve body with a random Oring I had laying around, which can be seen in the attached images.

My question is, is there a Oring kit that is compatible with my E-Mag? I've checked AGD and only found Oring kits for RT & XValve. I want to replace all of the Orings, thoroughly clean and oil the gun, and see if that stops the leaks.

Thanks in advance

- Jake
Switching to the L10 wil more than likely mean that your old regulator piston in the back half of the valve is no good. You will need to upgrade to the newest version which is set a bit higher than the old ones. I have them here if you need to purchase one. Email me. tunaman5@verizon.net