PDA

View Full Version : Classic valve leaking from the middle

Azzere
12-30-2015, 07:18 AM
I recently acquired a classic valved automag from a friend. It had been sitting in a garage for a few years, so my first order was to replace all the o-rings and oil it up, and it worked, for a little bit. The next time I attempted to gas it up, co2 vented from the valve from where you screw the two main pieces together.

I've scoured the valve while looking at the explodes valve graphics, but everything appears to be in place, and it has me stumped.

The marker still shoots even while venting, and holding the trigger down does nothing to the leak. Any advice you guys could give would be appreciated.

Nobody
12-30-2015, 01:18 PM
Get a new oring kit from Tunamart or AGD and change the reg seat. You might get some life if you flip it, but you would be better off just going new.

athomas
12-30-2015, 04:47 PM
If it is leaking between the two valve halves, then the big round oring probably has a piece of dirt stuck in it somewhere. That oring typically doesn't leak, but sometimes a hunk of dirt or a blemish on the oring will make it leak. You mentioned changing all the orings. Did you change this one as well? If you did, put your old one back in and try it.

Cyco-Dude
12-30-2015, 04:53 PM
i like to check the fit of that fat o-ring. with the reg seat out, there should be some noticeable resistance as the o-ring seals against the valve body. if there is none, it will leak.

Azzere
12-30-2015, 07:54 PM
Thanks for the advice guys, I'll start scouring the o-ring for any problems and go forward from there.

Azzere
12-30-2015, 08:55 PM
I'm glad to report the issue has been fixed. Upon inspection of the o-ring, I found a bit of gunk hiding under it. After cleaning it and giving the regulator seat a check for good measure, the leak is no more.

I do appreciate all the help, such a simple problem, but something I would have ended up overlooking for far too long.