PDA

View Full Version : ULE'd rail pics or cads?

WholemealDrop
01-29-2016, 02:24 PM
Anyone have some good pictures and cads of a ULE'd rail? Going to mill my RTP rail and wait to have some measurements and ideas where material can be removed but still be strong.

luke
01-29-2016, 10:46 PM
http://lukescustoms.com/lukes-rt-pro-rails.html

WholemealDrop
01-30-2016, 11:36 AM
Thanks luke, do you have measurements for where and how far I could cut that you could share?

luke
01-30-2016, 01:10 PM
:)

If your a machinist as you insinuated you should be able to extrapolate all the information from the cad pictures, not to mention all the information provided for you across the four forums I've found the question in so far. I doubt any machinist will give you a turn key file for you to use. Not to be mean, but honestly, if you can't figure out the specs on your own using the pictures in the link you may want to reconsider doing it yourself. How you ULE mill your rail will depend on what rail you start with and what your final design will be, not all are the same. Matter a fact most designers do them different and to different specifications. There are a few rights and wrongs I've discovered over the years but they are minimal. I will however give you one more clue> .075"

I don't mind helping but you need to do some of the work yourself.

knownothingmags
01-30-2016, 01:36 PM

If your a machinist as you insinuated you should be able to extrapolate all the information from the cad pictures, not to mention all the information provided for you across the four forums I've found the question in so far. I doubt any machinist will give you a turn key file for you to use. Not to be mean, but honestly, if you can't figure out the specs on your own using the pictures in the link you may want to reconsider doing it yourself. How you ULE mill your rail will depend on what rail you start with and what your final design will be, not all are the same. Matter a fact most designers do them different and to different specifications. There are a few rights and wrongs I've discovered over the years but they are minimal. I will however give you one more clue> .075"

I don't mind helping but you need to do some of the work yourself.

+1

WholemealDrop
01-30-2016, 05:14 PM
Ok the bit about different ways to do it was news to me. I figured most of these cuts were universal. My biggest fear was going too far and ruining the rail cosmetically/functionally. Thanks guys