PDA

View Full Version : Powerfeed vs standard feed vs powerfeed adapter

Shag88
02-27-2002, 06:49 PM
I'm considering picking up a used mag as my first gun, but am still learning about them. I've seen three main types of setups - powerfeed, standard feed, and standard w/powerfeed adapter. There's also hopper left and right setup. So, here are my questions:

1) What's the difference between powerfeed and standard feed? I gather powerfeed is preferred - why?

2) Is there any performance difference between powerfeed and standard w/powerfeed adapter?

3) For a right-handed player, which is preferred - hopper left or hopper right?

Be gentle. :)

Chris
02-27-2002, 07:52 PM
Get the powerfeed, it reduces blowback, and in fact uses the blowback from the marker to bounce a ball off of the powerfeed tube itself and into the chamber, thus allowing you to get a much more reliable feed at higher ROF. Personally, I am right handed, and like a Hopper right gun. As you are looking down the barrel, from back to front, whatever side the hopper is on is what it is called. Most right handers get a hopper left.

-Chris

liigod
02-27-2002, 09:20 PM
standard feed mags are useless unless you are a squeegee salesman, and powerfeed is a jankety soulution for the problem of mags having excessive blowback. Other than warp and powerfeed if u have a good trigger finger yer guna be breaking balls like a mofo. Powerfeed makes up for the guns weakness at the expense of line of sight.