PDA

View Full Version : What cheap upgrades can I do to this relatively stock mag?

Shag88
02-27-2002, 07:08 PM
I'm considering buying a used powerfeed mag from a friend, but am curious about what upgrades I can do to improve the look and performance of this gun for minimal cost.

A pic of the gun can be found here:
Automag pic (http://www.shagnog.com/misc/automag.jpg)

It's a p/f body with a DYE 14" stainless-steel barrel and venturi bolt. It has a 47cu in, 3000psi ACI nitro tank and a custom-cut case.

He offered to sell it to me for $275. Good price?

What upgrades would you guys recommend for this right off the bat? I'd definitely like to improve the look (some chrome, maybe?) and performance. Any ideas?

RaV3n_Pa1ntba||
02-27-2002, 07:15 PM
Actually I would take that price, but in some cases you can get a mag already tricked with nitro for aroudn 300. So I would look on the forums... and see if you can find a better deal. Now if you shot it and its in good condition well upgrades HERE IS A LIST:

Gloss Black Blade Intelliframe
Super Bolt with Foamie
Nickel Eclipse Body kit
Black Powercoat Body
System X or Custom Producs Lightning w/ CP ON/off Cradle
and you should be fine.

I would get you all the links but im too lazy so all those products that i listed can be purchased at these stores:

http://store.airgun.com/acb/webpage.cfm?WebPage_ID=1&DID=17
www.paintballgear.com (dont forget to see if stuff is in stock add to cart and look)

Omicron
02-27-2002, 07:33 PM
First if you don't have a motorized loader, taht should be a priority.

Do you prefer a single or double trigger? I would recommend a intelliframe if you prefer a double trigger frame

also a foregrip (if its comfortable for you)

and can you tell me what your price range is (howmuch can you spend?)?

if you had a good sum of cash I'd say retro valve and warp

Shag88
02-27-2002, 07:39 PM
Wow Raven, you just threw the "cheap" part right out the window, didn't you? :) While those would all be nice upgrades, I think they're pretty much out of my price range for right now. :(

If anyone can hit the $300 mark for a better package than the one I showed, let me know...

Junkie-

I was thinking of upgrades I could do for < $100 for now. I realize that limits my options quite a bit, but after buying the gun, that's about all I've got to work with right now. Down the line, I can do more exotic upgrades if I feel the need.

I'm thinking maybe double trigger, gas-through foregrip, and maybe a drop forward. Can I do this for < $100?

liigod
02-27-2002, 09:27 PM
foregrip... inteleframe... ANY frame but that one.

Drizit
02-27-2002, 09:36 PM
the frame will put you over the mark. unless you can find a used one. try the classifed forum. there is alwase something there. you should be able to get a cheep gas through for around $20 or less. the drop just find the one you like (tip: the PMI TKO drop and cradle is a good long one for cheep.)

also do yourself a favor and take the macro line and burn it. then go out and pick up some stainless steel hose. trust me having macro like explode in my hand runed my day.