PDA

View Full Version : Recommended lube for Mags these days?

cledford
02-23-2016, 11:15 AM
I was hoping to get a recommendation for a good, easily obtainable lube for mags. I've run out of the Gold Cup I've been using for years and was thinking something newer/better might be on the market.

Thanks,

-Calvin

splat15k
02-23-2016, 01:58 PM
I use and recommend "Outlast" synthetic oil found here (http://www.candcsynthetics.com/catalog.htm), formerly known as Kermode Concepts K-C Trouble Free oil.

Make sure you thoroughly clean off the old lubricant before you apply the new stuff.

cledford
02-23-2016, 02:26 PM
Thanks!

93klauss
02-23-2016, 03:31 PM
Second that.

Cyco-Dude
02-23-2016, 04:03 PM
whatever synthetic oil you can get...can be airtool oil; it doesn't need to be paintgun specific.

Nobody
02-23-2016, 07:46 PM
Outkast or KC Troublefree. You need no other oil than that.

JKR
02-23-2016, 09:38 PM
I have been using KC Trouble Free oil for years...great stuff. Outlast is supposed to be the same oil, just rebranded. You won't go wrong with this oil.

The only shortcoming that you might argue is availability. To my knowledge, ordering it online is the only way to get it.

You may also want to try this oil...

http://www.super-lube.com/synthetic-oil-with-ptfe-high-viscosity-ezp-56.html

High recommendations from multiple sources...including folks in the paintball and firearm industries. It should be a bit easier to find as I understand some Ace Hardware stores carry it. I think Harbor Freight also has it. You can find it all day long on amazon.com as well. I have some in my gear box now.

going_home
02-23-2016, 09:50 PM
Just keep using the same oil you've been using.

;)

kevdupuis
02-24-2016, 04:03 PM
I've been using Trinity shock oil for years, 100% silicone 20 weight. I get it from the local R/C hobby store

halB
02-27-2016, 09:47 PM
I was using gold cup, but then I heard some guy in Texas blame it for gummifying orings. Plus the bottle always leaks, so f that. I just picked up some palmers lube about 2 weeks ago and it has so far done well enough.

psunitro
02-28-2016, 08:39 AM
I've been using Trinity shock oil for years, 100% silicone 20 weight. I get it from the local R/C hobby store

Really? Never tried that. I have a ton in my old pit box.

Justus
02-29-2016, 11:35 AM
This topic has come up repeatedly over the years, but that doesn't make it unnecessary. See, last I knew the KC Trouble Free oil was recommended, but you couldn't get it anywhere really. I didn't know it was rebranded until reading this thread. Something learned.

Overall, I think the consensus for "recommended" paint gun oil is:

1. Fully synthetic air tool oil (brand doesn't really matter, except as to the other factors)
2. Readily available (if you can't buy it, what's the point?)
3. Quantity suits the application (we don't need to be buying the stuff by the drum)
4. The danged bottle doesn't leak (self-explanatory)
5. Price is reasonable ($8 for a 4oz bottle is a bit high, IMHO)

ScottyBeans
02-29-2016, 01:53 PM
This topic has come up repeatedly over the years, but that doesn't make it unnecessary. See, last I knew the KC Trouble Free oil was recommended, but you couldn't get it anywhere really. I didn't know it was rebranded until reading this thread. Something learned.

Overall, I think the consensus for "recommended" paint gun oil is:

1. Fully synthetic air tool oil (brand doesn't really matter, except as to the other factors)
2. Readily available (if you can't buy it, what's the point?)
3. Quantity suits the application (we don't need to be buying the stuff by the drum)
4. The danged bottle doesn't leak (self-explanatory)
5. Price is reasonable ($8 for a 4oz bottle is a bit high, IMHO)

Agree with all points. No need for a secret sauce for these things

Nobody
02-29-2016, 03:32 PM
I bought my KC Troublefree oil in 06 or so. I have used about a quarter of it. $8 or $80 for the stuff, you will get your monies worth.

You have 3 points you need to worry about:
1) quality
2) cost
3) availability

Pick 2 cause the oil is worth it.

Spazdoc
03-01-2016, 08:52 AM
So I have been using the same paintball gun oil (Extreme Rage synthetic oil) that I have been using on my other markers (Egos, autocockers), since some types of oil cause the o-rings to swell or breakdown. I am running out, though.

And then I followed the link to Outlast and was not aware that the Eclipse oil I had been using is mineral oil, rather than synthetic ( http://www.candcsynthetics.com/oils.htm )

Guess I am picking up a bottle of KC/Outcast