PDA

View Full Version : Maryland Paintball Laws

wetwrks
03-06-2016, 01:12 AM
Maryland is looking at passing a law that would make most paintball guns illegal to buy, sell, or even own.

http://www.grandviewoutdoors.com/guns/gun-rights/maryland-law-would-ban-bb-guns-and-toy-replicas/

If you live there you better get on the phone with your state reps.

Cyco-Dude
03-06-2016, 09:09 AM
this would not make most paintball guns illegal to buy, sell or own. maybe some tippmanns / milsigs that look realistic, but that can be overcome with a "readily identifiable product label". read what it actually says. i don't agree with the bill though.

also, good grief the comments there are toxic...

vintage
03-06-2016, 11:40 AM
Scotland just passed a law requiring the registration of all air rifles, pistols are illegal.

boo
03-07-2016, 01:53 PM
this would not make most paintball guns illegal to buy, sell or own. maybe some tippmanns / milsigs that look realistic, but that can be overcome with a "readily identifiable product label". read what it actually says. i don't agree with the bill though.

also, good grief the comments there are toxic...

Carter’s bill, dubbed HB0879 would require any toy or air gun be made in a bright color, have a closed barrel or have an obvious stamp with the manufacturer’s name or trademark that can be “readily identified” on its exterior
That leaves quite a bit open to interpretation. I got a hammer 7 yanked by Canadian customs on their "lookalike" import laws.

Bright colors and readily identified branding is pretty subjective. Most of the public cannot distinguish between real guns and paintball guns that look nothing like real guns. I'd bet you'd get a black electro xmag yanked pretty easily under this law.

Most people think law enforcement is knowledgeable on guns, but that's not the case. Most cops are not gun enthusiasts and an interest in guns is probably the last reason anyone should become a cop.

Also since most cops don't play paintball they only deal with paintball guns in cases of vandalism and assault. To them the less paintball markers out there the better.

So, yeah, paintball people will get screwed.

wetwrks
03-07-2016, 04:03 PM
I can guarantee this will be used in the most restrictive manner.

going_home
03-07-2016, 06:26 PM
I can guarantee this will be used in the most restrictive manner.

They don't call it the People's Republic of Maryland without a reason......

Nobody
03-07-2016, 07:16 PM
Have brightly coloured guns that look nothing like anything in the real world & don't go waving it in public. No problems...

Jaan
03-13-2016, 10:13 PM
Get used to it...this is the same kind of law they tried passing in Massachusetts recently. This is the way the future is going. High capacity magazine restrictions, "assault weapon" bans, bullet buttons...now this. These laws are no different then the Jim Crow laws passed to harass and intimidate. The anti-gun people claim it's "common sense" and they want to "protect the children" but it's all the same dance, just a different tune. Someday anything that even remotely looks like a gun will be illegal, and hunting will be illegal too.

This is our future.

vintage
03-14-2016, 04:37 AM
not if we stand up to them

Merce
03-14-2016, 08:27 AM
Get used to it....This is the way the future is going....This is our future.

This.
This is preposterous.
And terrifyingly accurate.

boo
03-14-2016, 02:19 PM
First they came for our non brightly colored markers and I did not speak out because I was agg...

blackdeath1k
03-14-2016, 03:51 PM
Get used to it...this is the same kind of law they tried passing in Massachusetts recently. This is the way the future is going. High capacity magazine restrictions, "assault weapon" bans, bullet buttons...now this. These laws are no different then the Jim Crow laws passed to harass and intimidate. The anti-gun people claim it's "common sense" and they want to "protect the children" but it's all the same dance, just a different tune. Someday anything that even remotely looks like a gun will be illegal, and hunting will be illegal too.

This is our future.

Kids already get sent home from school for wearing paintball shirts if they have any form of a "gun" in them. Children have been suspended for using a stick as a "gun" while playing on the playground..... Something is severely wrong with society.

going_home
03-14-2016, 04:35 PM
George Soros is the money behind the trump protestors.

The whole world has lost their minds.

Liberalism is the cancer behind the decline of sanity......

blackdeath1k
03-14-2016, 04:56 PM
I agree.

pillage
03-15-2016, 08:37 AM
Make ***** into barrel socks. The grabbers will just see the plastic shaped phallus thing on the end of the barrel and everything will be ok in their book.:headbang: