PDA

View Full Version : Ninja tank purchasing?

blackdeath1k
03-06-2016, 10:14 PM
Well if a great deal on a used one doesn't pop up by the end of the week I'm gonna buy a new purple SL v2. But anyways. My question is. Going rate on them is 220. Is there anywhere you guys know cheaper than ans or discount paintball? And if not. How often do these venders do discounts? I'd hate to buy it this week to have a discount appear before the end of the month when I'm going to actually need it.

PS. This whole crossfire dot deal is Royal BS!

Cyco-Dude
03-06-2016, 11:19 PM
you can find the sl tanks used in the $150 range, so a pretty good discount there. vendor discounts, maybe cyber monday or something, other than that, none that i've seen.

blackdeath1k
03-07-2016, 05:58 AM
Cheapest I've seen once everything is factored in is around 170. And never with a shp reg. So I'm figuring come Friday I'm ordering new.

Cyco-Dude
03-07-2016, 06:55 AM
keep in mind the 68sl is shorter then the old 68, and the 77sl is a little bit longer. standard 68 tank covers will not fit the 68sl (maybe the butt styles will, the exalt styles don't), but they will fit the 77sl. the 77sl is still lighter than the old 68. the pro regulators are 1/4" longer than the standard adjustable regulators.

blackdeath1k
03-07-2016, 08:40 AM
I use a pro V2 reg now on an old caralton bottle that is now 100% dead. If I didn't plan to use that reg on a different bottle that I currently own I would just flip regs and sell whatever came on the purchased tank. Actually the fact the tank is shorter than a normal 68 makes me want it more than the lightness. I already use a Yframe. This will complement it well. I've put a friend's tank on my marker for test fit. As for the cover. In the last 20 years I haven't used one and all my tanks have looked like new. It's doubtful that will be any different now.

On the flipside thanks for pointing that stuff out. Others may not have known them facts. And they very well could play in to others making different choices.

going_home
03-07-2016, 09:11 AM
I have a 68, with a 45 cover on it, and a 90 with a 68 cover on it.

;)

vintage
03-13-2016, 07:49 PM
one thing Jason, both my sl tank and the v2 reg I bought last year had to have the pressure gauge tightened due to leaking.

blackdeath1k
03-13-2016, 09:24 PM
I ordered one last week. We will see. My guess is the Teflon tape they used didn't seal or they just didn't get it tight enough. But hey! That's kinda minor.