PDA

View Full Version : General public ed. on paintball...

FooTemps
02-27-2002, 07:37 PM
I think it's strange that someone hasn't tried to even make paintball look good to the general public. Those movies, shows, etc showing "paintball" stuff sorta gets on my nerves. It gives them the wrong image of paintball and they assume, then there's a lot of ignorance too. I just want to know what bugs you the most out of all of this.

Your opinions? I know there's been somenthing similar to this thread already.

Drizit
02-27-2002, 07:46 PM
it's like that with any extreme sport though. i'm also a rock climber (what did cliff hanger make you think of that sport?) and a mountin biker (popular media makes you out to be a head case if you are willing to take a bit of a risk for a lot of enjoyment.)
snow boarding is starting to gain exceptence but it's only been for the last few years, before that it had a bad rap.

if you stray form the norm, (joging, tenis, golf, football, and hocky) then it's a hard uphill fight to gain respect for your sport. and it's that much harder with paintball because we use markers that are shaped much like guns.

Predater
02-27-2002, 07:49 PM
paint ball is shown as reclass. look at that epasode of king of the hill. all the kids wer tormenting the guys. and they have used paint guns in other shows and movies in the same way.

Clare
02-28-2002, 04:36 AM
in King of the Hill, they're all shown wearing shop goggles or whatever they're called