PDA

View Full Version : I'm So Sexy!!!!

AGD
02-27-2002, 08:08 PM
Like it?? :)

AGD
02-27-2002, 08:09 PM
I think I'm going to have to keep this one for myself....

zads27
02-27-2002, 08:10 PM
First post!!

WOww, looks swweeeet.. who did that?
maybe a little more order/design in the anno for it and it'll be untouchable, a hit!

So is that the final annoed Extreme we get to fondle at LA?? ooo I must go... it's calling meee....

a_malfunction
02-27-2002, 08:11 PM
Nice! But, I think the rest of the gun should be done too!

tremis
02-27-2002, 08:13 PM
The Aurora anodizing looks great. Even on those smooth sides. Imagine it on a gun with lots of curves.

Tremis

Snewk
02-27-2002, 08:18 PM
i agree with tremis, do it down the battery housing heck, even on the barrel! looks good!

Zumina
02-27-2002, 08:19 PM
ugh *shakes head in disgust*

theraidenproject
02-27-2002, 08:24 PM
it kind of reminded me of one of the old iMac patterns.
http://www.macworld.com/2001/02/21/images/flowerpwr.jpg

its not my style, but it looks very interesting. I think you'd get some funny looks at the field with that one.

shartley
02-27-2002, 08:28 PM
I personally do not like it. My first impression was of a piece of oxidizing metal... not the most attractive look in my opinion. Maybe if the colors were more contrasting? I don’t know…..

I am sure some will like it, and it would look great with matching tie-dye jerseys. ;) DUDE!

But like others have said, if you are going to do it, it would look better with all the parts done the same.

Zumina
02-27-2002, 08:37 PM
actually, it looks like motor oil resting on top of a puddle.....

The Mag Man
02-27-2002, 08:39 PM
Thats preety ugly in my opinion. To "hippyish" for my taste :)

SlipknotX556
02-27-2002, 08:49 PM
OMS TOM! tom u cant just keep it for urself u have to share. BTW can u share wit me for free?????????????? :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

nutz
02-27-2002, 08:53 PM
i want to see that on a Cut n carved body tom! :D

PBpunk
02-27-2002, 08:56 PM
original but IMO it looks kinda fruity. but hey its an emag so ofcourse its cool

Hemlock86
02-27-2002, 08:57 PM
The gun is insane, but I dont like the coloring... no offence :D But it is original, which is always awesome.

liigod
02-27-2002, 09:09 PM
looks like a cheaper version of the eclipse aurora. this is a quote from the eclipse site.

"In final R&D stages at the moment, It takes 20000 volts and five stages of finishing to produce this revolutionary new coating. What you get is a superhard finish that appears to change colour as you move it in the light. The effect is unreal. These special edition Eclipse Aurora markers will be available soon, but only in very limited numbers."

Heres a pic of an eclipse shocker with that annodizing... if i still paintballed id love that shocker.

Vegeta
02-27-2002, 09:35 PM
whew... man remids me of an oil spill. DOubt many people will go for that color. thats just me. I'd like to see some THICK HIGH GLOSS DARK BLUE automotive paint used... ahhh i can see the Subaru stickers on it now... or Nissan... or Citroen..... I always liked racing and paintball... putting htem together.. ahhh thats art.

BlackVCG
02-27-2002, 09:38 PM
Do it in all nickel (I'm assuming). That surface finish on the battery pack and grip frame is beautiful. If the body had the same finish and with the contrast of the black grips and barrel, that would be an amazing looking gun.

AirChunck
02-27-2002, 09:51 PM
Why do you tease us like that? That has to be an option. I would definitely consider that finish as one of my favorites.

FooTemps
02-27-2002, 09:54 PM
I don't really like the oilspill effect. I like the aurora effect better. Maybe something less blotchy/spill-ish and something more streamline and flowing.

Deadpool3
02-27-2002, 10:12 PM
PPPPPPLLLLEEEEAAAASSSSEEEEEEE start milling the batteries :D thats all im waiting for ;)

martlet1
02-27-2002, 10:18 PM
Our whole scenario team wears tye dye, so that marker would just be friggin awesome!!!!!!!!! OH MAN!!!!!

Riotz
02-27-2002, 10:30 PM
I don't like it, maybe if I were a hippy or something :p

beam
02-27-2002, 11:01 PM
mmmmm.....Iridium :D

Clare
02-27-2002, 11:03 PM
I would like it better if the rest was done or atleast with a stainless steel barrel so that the black on the J&J doesn't contrast so much

TheTramp
02-27-2002, 11:12 PM
I think it looks great. It'd be even better if the whole gun had that finish.

zads27
02-28-2002, 01:16 AM
Well like I said before, It looks interesting, but I think it would indeed look better on something with more curves (and less flat sides) to it. Also, I think it probably needs a little more refining (the technique), it should look more like the eclipse.. the eclipse aurora looks a lot smoother. Perhaps SFL option (that's probably up to BBT), or C&C extreme.

manike
02-28-2002, 04:33 AM
Damn someone got an Aurora E-mag before I got the Manik-E-Mag done :)

Was that done by the Eclipse guys? It doesn't look as 'clean' as the ones I've seen from them before.

The Aurora finish certainly looks better on guns with more edges and milling as this is where the colour change seems to take most affect.

I'm not sure if I like that or not...

manike

Jonneh
02-28-2002, 05:41 AM
I don't like it, it sorta looks (as shartley said) like oxidising metal.

I say aim more towards having cool milling rather than gimmicky bling bling anodizing.

Also

Originally posted by zads27
First post!!

blah blah blah

Please never post again

Manuel_FZR
02-28-2002, 05:46 AM
I don´t like it - I agree with shartley completely ...
For me, it looks like a toy, not like a first class marker. But that´s only my opinion ... others will like it.

masterninja
02-28-2002, 05:51 AM
Kind of greasy, eh?

luke
02-28-2002, 06:05 AM
Looks like it was heated with a torch then cooled..........

cphilip
02-28-2002, 07:11 AM
Yes! I second (or is it third?)the more milling

...I wouldn't keep it if I was you Tom. I would send it to me for distruction. You know I am in the Waste business and I wouldn't want you to get in any trouble with improper disposal.;)

steveg
02-28-2002, 07:23 AM
...I wouldn't keep it if I was you Tom. I would send it to me for distruction. You know I am in the Waste business and I wouldn't want you to get in any trouble with improper disposal.

especially since it looks like zinc chromate. that stuff
is poison you know

(just remember who helped you cp ;) )

cphilip
02-28-2002, 07:30 AM
Exactly! And you better go ahead and secondary contain it and pack it real good. Wouldn't want it to get damaged...I mean...um...er...I mean...leak (ya thats it!) in shipment. I am only trying to protect our environment. ;)

magmonkey
02-28-2002, 07:31 AM
ohh how I hate you Tom :)
I tried to get the eclipse guys to do that finish on my micro and my emag when I saw them at the cup and they laughed at me and said there was no hope in h*ll that they would put that finish on any marker but there own
gliney the (original) magmonkey

magmonkey
02-28-2002, 07:34 AM
also is that body done in cadnium?

personman
02-28-2002, 07:40 AM
Originally posted by liigod
looks like a cheaper version of the eclipse aurora. this is a quote from the eclipse site.

"In final R&D stages at the moment, It takes 20000 volts and five stages of finishing to produce this revolutionary new coating. What you get is a superhard finish that appears to change colour as you move it in the light. The effect is unreal. These special edition Eclipse Aurora markers will be available soon, but only in very limited numbers."

Heres a pic of an eclipse shocker with that annodizing... if i still paintballed id love that shocker.
DARN YOU! YOU GOT TO IT FIRST! AS SOON AS I SAW THAT E-MAG I WAZ LIKE, IM GONNA POST THAT SHOCKER THATS SCREWED UP, BUT NOOOOOO, SOMEONE HAD TO TAKE THE OPPERTUNITY AWAY FROM ME :mad: :mad: :rolleyes: dude, please edit that out of your post. ;)
:edit: I like it, BTW :D

G-Rexx
02-28-2002, 07:46 AM
Not bad for a first atempt, however, how about the two which were posted form Europe yesterday!!! The Tequilla and the Purple Fade. AWESOME.

We need cut bodies, Fishbone bodies, and new designs, then followed by cool ANO'd Jobs.

I CAN"T wait. I WILL UPGRADE MY E-MAG!!!

kutter
02-28-2002, 08:20 AM
I wonder if they could do one in that iridescent paint that changes colour as you look at it. I have seen it on mountain bikes, Gary Fishers I think. When the light catches it a different angles the colour changes. I hated it at first, but now I love it.

In the spirit of the Grail, 'Blue,,,NO RED....ahhhhhhhhhh':)

manike
02-28-2002, 08:23 AM
Originally posted by kutter
I wonder if they could do one in that iridescent paint that changes colour as you look at it.

That's been done already by LPS in the UK. They had purple to green and I think green to orange. It looked very cool but I'm not sure if paint will ever hold up as well under the abuse we give paintball markers.

manike

Drizit
02-28-2002, 09:49 AM
it holds up on bikes and cars, i'm pritty sure i'm harder on my bike then my marker.

manike
02-28-2002, 09:54 AM
OK let me put it another way... It hasn't held up all that well on the markers I've seen it on... It may well be possible to make it do so though...

Paintballs tend to be very corrosive to paint finishes, and added with the fact that you can't 'envelope' certain areas of the gun due to requiring the original surface tolerances means there are quite a few places for peeling/corrosion of the surface finish to occur and get in under the paint.

I wouldn't paint one of my guns, although granted they did look very cool.

manike

Webmaster
02-28-2002, 10:04 AM
Hot dog - you did it!!!

WOOT!!! Is is a true anodizing job- or is it an electralysis process? Or is that a big secret.

Seeing other guns with this form of plating, it really is impossible to show off with a picture. You really have to see it in person to get the real "holy cow that's cool" effect.

personman
02-28-2002, 10:26 AM
Looking at it again, I think it would look absoulty Horrible if you matched the grip frame/battery with the same anno. Leave it how it is! Looks great! If I had the money, then I would most defentally buy it. (If it came with the JJ 2 Piece that is ;) ;) j/k)

Kaiser Bob
02-28-2002, 09:44 PM
I have to say the eclipse job looks a million times more awe-inspiring, I think if you could get the mag to look like that, then theyd fly off the shelves. I know id buy one! Man that shocker's purdy! <drool>

renegade2k
02-28-2002, 09:53 PM
the anodizing on that shocker is beutiful!!!!!!! *drool*

liigod
02-28-2002, 10:09 PM
LOL i thinkt hat tom is like... i messed up an emag... lets make it look like it was meant to be like that. That way the rest of the agd people wont laugh at me. Well im sorry all that marker does is make me want to get in touch with my inner power ranger toy feindness r sumthign like that.

virus
03-01-2002, 12:05 AM
sigh... i see evil tom is back.... lol

now if i could just buy a body like that and build yet another mag......

*BRIGHTLIGHT ABOVE HEAD*
ooooh Tooommmmmm...

howabout a body like that and a new I-Zgrip(yup istill cant wait fer these or the 4.5k flatline), barrel and back half of a retro valve all matching in a style like that.... ah what the heck how about a price quote for something like that with a custom fade warp to match it also with jnj pc fer the barrel......

and seeing the I-Z is probly a while off i guess i would problly have to settle fer an E though i really would want an E-Zgrip-mag

man if i could get that i'd be in heaven.... esp seeing i just got my fed return back... even after i spend what i need to for shatner ball i still got some burning a hole in my pocket.....

liigod
03-01-2002, 12:24 AM
brown nosers... all of you.

oldsoldier
03-20-2002, 11:12 PM
Matches your cowboy hat...:D

Dubstar112
03-21-2002, 07:00 AM
I like it ... no doubt about that

mykroft
03-21-2002, 09:16 AM
Not bad. needs to go on a C&C Extreem body though.

As to the Aurora Shocker, the picks do not do it justice, they look way better in real life, I'd assume the same goes for the Aurora E-Mag.