PDA

View Full Version : low pressure regulators..

jergood333
02-27-2002, 08:09 PM
I'm doing a few minor mods on my younger brothers spyder compact deluxe and was looking into regulators.

will the spyder require a high or low pressure regulator.
i know autocockers use a low pressure(so i assume high on spyders and ?mags?

also, what is the difference between high and low??

thanks.

311automag
02-28-2002, 08:34 AM
some good regs for high and low pressure are the aka sisewinder, palmers male stabilizer. and the macdev gladiator reg (only for low pressure). high pressure is what your gun is running at now (for a spyder, bout 750 800 psi) and low pressure achived w/ a reg and high flowing parts. (anything under 400psi is considered low presure).
the higher the volume the lower the pressure you can achieve. advantages of this are less ball breaks, better consistency which will increase accuracy, and make the marker quieter. for any other lp questions i suggest you go to http://pub21.ezboard.com/fpaintballstarmessgeboardfrm13 these guys will be more than happy to answer your lp spyder questions.

jergood333
02-28-2002, 09:30 PM
so its possible to make a high pressure marker low pressure by using a reg and high flow parts.. is that it?
i may have misunderstood(just getting into the n2 realm...)

soilent green
03-01-2002, 10:31 AM
a spyder needs a high pressure just to recock it it is a wast to put a reg on a spyder save your money for a mag or cocker

TheTramp
03-01-2002, 02:40 PM
No it doesn't and no it isn't.

I have a LP Spyder that I built before I started with my Retro Mag. I have a lot of fun building and playing with it. I wouldn't go back and just save for a different gun. Learning about my Sypder really helped me discover the fundementals of paintball technology.

I put a Vigilanty on mine. Plenty of flow for the Spyder and a little less expensive then some of the others.

I would check out that link above. Also there is a lot of good info on the Warpig pages about LP Spyders.

311automag
03-01-2002, 03:04 PM
for lp you need a god high flowing reg, high flow valve, valve pin mod, remove the venturi from your bolt, and drill out your vertical adaptor.

MAGS own YOU
03-01-2002, 04:51 PM
Gladiators are the best reg. The sidewinder is pretty nice itself but gladiator looks better, IMO.