PDA

View Full Version : AGD's SandFX series. Coming soon. Anodizing Artwork Courtesy of FX Anodizing.

swe_crazy
05-04-2016, 10:29 AM
https://www.facebook.com/airgundesignsusa/

Nobody
05-04-2016, 12:00 PM
Can you get copies of the announcement for those of us that aren't on Facebook?

cougar20th
05-04-2016, 12:20 PM
Nice,

Ego style feedneck. Means AGD must be making a adapter from the ULE threads to Ego/Empire?

luke
05-04-2016, 12:38 PM
Nice,

Ego style feedneck. Means AGD must be making a adapter from the ULE threads to Ego/Empire?

Umm, actually no. He plans on using it as is and loc-titing it in place. Bad idea. I tried pointing out the fact that the threads were wrong but people (Not just him) insist there isn't a problem. Not something TK would do that's for sure and definitely not the quality we come to expect from AGD.

Tunaman
05-04-2016, 02:27 PM
Umm, actually no. He plans on using it as is and loc-titing it in place. Bad idea. I tried pointing out the fact that the threads were wrong but people (Not just him) insist there isn't a problem. Not something TK would do that's for sure and definitely not the quality we come to expect from AGD.
There is no way that they would use the wrong stuff. Dave would not allow it.

swe_crazy
05-04-2016, 02:31 PM
Airgun Designs USA:

So the post does say "coming soon" that means all the kinks are not worked out just yet. There are many variables. These works will come complete. Some customization may be available. If you like one and would like to request an adoption. Send emails to sandman@airgun.com. I will ignore requests for individual parts. These works are designed to come complete. When they are near completion, I will follow up with potential hopeful parents or display them here. Hopefully mid year we will have new AGD store site.

BigEvil
05-04-2016, 02:32 PM

Get with the effen program already. Or have Missy show you :)

luke
05-04-2016, 02:50 PM
There is no way that they would use the wrong stuff. Dave would not allow it.

Tuna, he replied directly to me, this is pretty much what he said "We'll loc-tite them in, the threads will likely strip if someone tried to remove the feedneck but why would anyone do that if they purchased this marker"

I deleted my posts because it was coming across as if I was trolling to sell parts which was not my intent.

GoatBoy
05-04-2016, 03:51 PM
"Because Quality Always Uses Gobs O' Loctite"

or maybe

"Because Quality Always Why Would Anyone Do That?"

going_home
05-04-2016, 04:06 PM

You can still see it if you click the link, its a public facebook page.

I refuse to do facebook any more myself so dont let Scott twist your ear.

blackdeath1k
05-04-2016, 05:09 PM
You can still see it if you click the link, its a public facebook page.

I refuse to do facebook any more myself so dont let Scott twist your ear.

I have an fb page. But don't hardly ever post.

captian pinky
05-04-2016, 05:32 PM
honestly if it were me buying a new mag or even a used mag i would prefer to have the threads correct and would pay to have the peace of mind. If we were talking about a run of the feednecks im sure that someone could get them done under $20 a piece and that would likely be a high number.

luke
05-04-2016, 05:37 PM
honestly if it were me buying a new mag or even a used mag i would prefer to have the threads correct and would pay to have the peace of mind. If we were talking about a run of the feednecks im sure that someone could get them done under $20 a piece and that would likely be a high number.

Agreed. I dont see the reasoning in buying these, stripping the anno, re-anodizing and selling them as an AGD part, makes no sense.

captian pinky
05-04-2016, 05:39 PM
realistically they could probably get a deal with kee to have just the tops made raw

luke
05-04-2016, 09:23 PM
I believe he's changed his mind about using the threaded rings, he's a least reconsidering other options.

JKR
05-04-2016, 09:32 PM
I am fairly ignorant on the options available and I may be wrong entirely but I think I read somewhere that AGD was going to use an Inception Designs Angel threaded Empire style feedneck.

going_home
05-04-2016, 10:05 PM
I am fairly ignorant on the options available and I may be wrong entirely but I think I read somewhere that AGD was going to use an Inception Designs Angel threaded Empire style feedneck.

Glad to see some new ideas from AGD !

But dont get me started on the Empire feednecks, they are gigantic and flat out ugly, although they do have the lever clamp, and thats a good thing.

The whole threaded part being a separate part from the feedneck is in the opposite direction of innovation.

It was the first thing that got changed on my Axes, but thats just one guys opinion.

Nobody
05-05-2016, 12:32 AM
Glad to see some new ideas from AGD !

But dont get me started on the Empire feednecks, they are gigantic and flat out ugly, although they do have the lever clamp, and thats a good thing.

The whole threaded part being a separate part from the feedneck is in the opposite direction of innovation.

It was the first thing that got changed on my Axes, but thats just one guys opinion.

Lol... Its a stronger design, allows for more options(if available), more readily available, and they do it just to get you angry cause its not a nano feedneck which you loved so much.

I see it much like the T-slot for ASAs. Innovation is always looked upon as "why the need to change it", but in this instance, having a stub on the body without a threaded bung is the best, but having a small threaded collar is secondly, IF they do have features that the manority want.

Allen, if you feel so strongly, fund a nano-esque feedneck for your own needs and those that prefer them. put your money where your mouth is. I like the Empire feedneck. I also suspect i will like the Inception Designs feedneck when it is made(the same designer did the Empire one).

I can neither confirm nor deny any talks of AGD & Inception Designs, but prior relationships with Simon, TK, & AGD are there so it is not out of the possibilities.

As for the guns, i like them. Not in the market for one, but the idea that AGD is doing pre-built anno'd guns is a nice move to gain potential capital for a possible new or even updated product.

going_home
05-05-2016, 05:54 AM
No need to reinvent the wheel, Violent still makes them :

http://violentseries.com/low-proclampingfeedneckwiththumbwheel-axemini.aspx

They thread right onto a ULE.

;)

captian pinky
05-05-2016, 08:01 AM

;)

doesn't solve the thread issue.

Nobody
05-05-2016, 12:23 PM

Allen like any OCD person needs to say something about the feedneck once a day. ;)

Back to the thread. They look great, definetly a step out from your basic black. They have a sense of style and playability(the locking feedneck is the key). As much as you want an ASA with them having an ASA, it would be a 2nd outsiurced part and though a PE POPS is liked by all, that would increase the price dramatically.

captian pinky
05-05-2016, 02:43 PM
i would actually avoid the pops since some people will likely want to run the shp.

knownothingmags
05-05-2016, 03:06 PM
i would actually avoid the pops since some people will likely want to run the shp.

I run an shp on my pops

Tunaman
05-05-2016, 03:31 PM
I was told they are probably going to use CP feednecks...with Ion threads...which is understood to be the same as angel threads

BiNumber3
05-05-2016, 03:59 PM
Just did a quick search, seems the threads aren't quite the same (between Ions and Angel threads), if one or the other is worn enough it'd fit it seems, I haven't tried it myself.

Would be nice if threading were standardized to some extent, at least with this kind of stuff :(

Is it getting that hard to find reliable stockpiles of angel threaded feednecks? Doesn't CCM still have a good amount on stock? Not to mention Luke's new feednecks.

Tunaman
05-05-2016, 04:46 PM
Just did a quick search, seems the threads aren't quite the same (between Ions and Angel threads), if one or the other is worn enough it'd fit it seems, I haven't tried it myself.

Would be nice if threading were standardized to some extent, at least with this kind of stuff :(

Is it getting that hard to find reliable stockpiles of angel threaded feednecks? Doesn't CCM still have a good amount on stock? Not to mention Luke's new feednecks.
I dont think CCM makes angel threaded feednecks anymore.

Tunaman
05-05-2016, 05:00 PM
I also mentioned to Tim that I think he should be posting it all on THIS Site. We paid alot of money to keep this site up and alot of us dont do Facebook because it sucks!

BiNumber3
05-05-2016, 05:03 PM
http://store.chipleymachine.com/angel-feednecks-1/

They're still in stock it seems, not sure how many and if they're still in production though.

And ANS has a number of Custom Products ones, though not sure on the quality.

cudamelland
05-05-2016, 05:03 PM
I was told they are probably going to use CP feednecks...with Ion threads...which is understood to be the same as angel threads
This would be a disaster. They don't have enough threads to hang on. I have several ion threaded feednecks that work great, but I had two brand new CP ones that came right off on the same day.
I even asked about it 3 years ago and everyone said they were junk. http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?265001-Problems-with-my-CP-feed-necks

BiNumber3
05-05-2016, 05:12 PM
Ah, so the ANS CP feednecks aren't really "Angel Threaded" despite the labelling:(

TyeStick
05-05-2016, 05:44 PM

What's the reasoning behind not using a SHP with a POPS?

I use a SHP with my POPS, and I've never encountered any issues.

I run an shp on my pops

+1. Same here.

I hope they're not using ION threading with Angel threads. They're close, but certainly not the same. we'll definitely see some cross-threading issues if they stick with ION threads.

Ah, so the ANS CP feednecks aren't really "Angel Threaded" despite the labelling:(

Correct. They're actually ION threaded.

blackdeath1k
05-05-2016, 07:31 PM
The pops are recommended for low pressure input for ease of engagement. The v2 regs are also tougher to engage than regular valves due to volume. Even at lower pressures. Overall though I don't think the pops has a technical reason to not use with shp.

going_home
05-05-2016, 09:57 PM

;)

Ion threaded, I'm telling you they thread right onto a ULE.

Sometimes I wonder about this crowd......

GoatBoy
05-06-2016, 12:06 AM

The only aftermarket feed neck (stump) I have is from Q-Loader. They were also under the impression that Ion was the same as Angel. I can tell you that thing does not fit right... I have to use liberal amounts of Loctite to keep it in there. Yes, I resort to really horrid tactics like glue and loctite because I have no other means available to me. As I've said -- if a manufacturer resorts to crap like that, beware.

What something is called, what something actually is, and what something works/fits with are literally three different things when it comes to paintball. Literally.

You might call a really sloppy Ion thread "angel threaded" and it might also be suitably compatible with a ULE body.

Jaan
05-06-2016, 02:53 AM
Tuna, do you expect to be selling any of these as complete markers?

Tunaman
05-06-2016, 03:37 AM
Tuna, do you expect to be selling any of these as complete markers?
Yes...but better.

Nobody
05-06-2016, 07:27 AM

Ion threads are not the same as Angel threads, likewise Ion threads are not the same as ICD threads. Now you might get lucky and the one you have threads in fine, some loose, some not at all. But realistically, they do not work and will only damaged the threads of the body.

going_home
05-06-2016, 07:56 AM
No one has said they are the same.

I have a ULE, Tac One, and XMT Classic RT body, Ion threaded feednecks that I own screw on with zero resistance.

:tard:

1985phenom
05-06-2016, 09:18 AM
AGD should reach out to Luke for the ULE to PE feedneck adapter or use his feedneck and add a lever...keep the design in the community.

BiNumber3
05-06-2016, 09:44 AM
The CP Ion feednecks seem to work for some, and not for others, does that really sound like something you'd want AGD to put their name behind? The mm2k9 worked for some, and not for others, look what happened to PTP in the eyes of the community. I'd personally not want AGD to run into that little issue, especially when it seems they're trying to get back in the market a little.

captian pinky
05-06-2016, 10:22 AM
guess no one read where sandman commented on facebook where he is reaching out to people about the threads. im sure he will post something when the time comes, since he knows we are concerned about it.

wetwrks
05-06-2016, 01:27 PM
Has stated it will not have valves to match. Sad. Would be so much nicer with them.

going_home
05-06-2016, 05:25 PM
Has stated it will not have valves to match. Sad. Would be so much nicer with them.

No problem, black valve, feedneck, barrel, asa.

;)

wetwrks
05-06-2016, 11:17 PM

;)

As I stated above...would be so much nicer with them.

going_home
05-07-2016, 06:59 AM
As I stated above...would be so much nicer with them.

I am fairly certain Mario can match his own anodizing if you send him the parts you want matched, along with the parts he's already done.

;)

going_home
05-07-2016, 02:49 PM
I also mentioned to Tim that I think he should be posting it all on THIS Site. We paid alot of money to keep this site up and alot of us dont do Facebook because it sucks!

I dont think he heard you......

OneSelfLost
05-07-2016, 04:29 PM

;)

I think they'd look good like that. Personal opinion though.

paint magnet
05-09-2016, 09:56 PM
I still don't understand the fascination with the fugly PE feedneck. Then again I am generally not a fan of anything PE makes, aesthetically speaking (I'm told it's good quality).

Glad to see AGD back at it, although I'd have to throw that feedneck in the trash off the bat and mount a CCM.

going_home
05-09-2016, 10:51 PM
Its actually an Empire feedneck, but dont hold back, tell us how you really feel.

The main point is they are readily available, unless GI Sportz decides to can them.

And they do have the lever clamp which is a positive, but they are ginormous.....

;)

halB
05-09-2016, 11:09 PM
Why, dear god why, would AGD step back into the market without a unified rail system?

Nobody
05-10-2016, 01:40 AM
Why, dear god why, would AGD step back into the market without a unified rail system?

They used parts that they had on hand. Simple as that. Updating the feedneck & offering an anno, are worthy choices to come back.into the game, as it were.

Making all new parts is an expensive endeavour.

Nobody
05-10-2016, 01:41 AM
Its actually an Empire feedneck, but dont hold back, tell us how you really feel.

The main point is they are readily available, unless GI Sportz decides to can them.

And they do have the lever clamp which is a positive, but they are ginormous.....

;)

They are not huge by any means. Adjust your eye glass prescription ;)

halB
05-10-2016, 12:43 PM
They used parts that they had on hand. Simple as that. Updating the feedneck & offering an anno, are worthy choices to come back.into the game, as it were.

Making all new parts is an expensive endeavour.

Seems that with a drill press and a template it wouldn't be too hard to put threading through the rail/frame so they could be screwed together, and then another thread for the sear.

going_home
05-14-2016, 09:39 PM
They are not huge by any means. Adjust your eye glass prescription ;)

They are gigantic , you need to stop looking thru Simons glasses.

And I dont wear prescription glasses any more, only readers.

;)

KurtPB
05-15-2016, 08:40 AM
I use a Sanchez Machine on my CCM feedneck. Works like a champ, longer lever that's easy to use and not "bulky".