PDA

View Full Version : Triggernomics Micro E-mag on Ebay

Ghost Stalker
02-27-2002, 09:56 PM
Found this micro e-mag on ebay. Link (http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1808915276)

FooTemps
02-27-2002, 09:57 PM
Oh really? I never thought someone would have wanted to sell that thing.

Edit: just saw the price: that is dang expensive for an emag... $1500...

Restola
02-27-2002, 10:16 PM
im sorry but that thing looks like a crumpled up can of coke. i would never buy it.

Clare
02-27-2002, 10:43 PM
looks like it's melting away before my eyes

Kevmag
02-27-2002, 11:45 PM
It's so shiney and veiny...

Phil
02-28-2002, 12:10 AM
I doubt anyone will buy it it is one fugly gun.

Snewk
02-28-2002, 12:21 AM
man...looks like someone attacked it with a soldering gun or something...ewww

rabidchihauhau
02-28-2002, 09:00 AM
hey - its a micro that retails for 1300+, its got the 4500 68 system with it, new ssr barrel AND all the work by Triggernomics.

I think its worth more than 1500 - but then that's me.

as for the looks? this is definately a gun that evokes strong emotions - you either think it looks horrible or you love it; in the store where its on display, votes in favor of he look are running far ahead of 'fugly' - but what do they know?

Steve

tysonmachado
02-28-2002, 09:13 AM
I like it a lot. As an old-school Warhammer 40k player I'd say that's definitely a 'mag worthy of a marine of Slaneesh!

tremis
02-28-2002, 12:50 PM
Steve, you almost make it sound like your just an outsider thinking the gun is worth more than 1500. People might not realize that its your gun. And Thats kool that PGI has you on the all time 100 greatest players list. Congrats. BTW where did you place, just curious.

Tremis

Edit: I'm thinking more fitting of a Chaos Marine in the service of Nurgle.
Here's a pic of me and a blood angel.

Well I cant figure out how to post a pic, so heres a link.

http://www.papower.net/members/tremis/blood_angel.html

RoadDawg
02-28-2002, 01:43 PM
It looks like someone did a poor job of covering it with tin foil. Bet it fires great. If I only had that much cash to burn.

Cliffio
02-28-2002, 01:47 PM
its ugly

but thats just what i think

just personal opinoin

HOLLA
Cliff

rabidchihauhau
02-28-2002, 01:58 PM
I finished as #75 - and NO, I didn't vote for myself even once. Pete Robinson took care of that for me.....

Folks, give me an honest assessment, if you think its too high, let me know where you think it ought to be: I'm not adding anything to the price for the so-called prestige, but am basing the price on:

e-mag micro retail (1379.95)
4500 psi, 68 ci tank 439
ssr 119
dropforward 50

and the 100+ hours of cutting and polishing Dan over at triggernomics did. I'm a little surprised at the reaction, to tell you the truth: when Dan introduced the gun in these forums, he did get a few 'ugly stick' comments, but most were positive as I recall.

And come on - don't you realize that the uglier the gun, the more it tries to please...?

Okay, okay, what the heck. For no extra charge, I'll send along a signed copy of my bio picture. (NOW lets talk about ugly...)

56kSomeGuy
02-28-2002, 02:00 PM
Looks kinda weird. Looks like a car after it drove off a side of the cliff and fell about a mile down hitting everything is sight. But that's only my opinion.

mykroft
02-28-2002, 02:06 PM
Having seen the RT Mini Dan did for Tom, the pics really do not do Dan's work justice. If this is anywhere near as nice as that mini, it will be beautiful when viewed in the flesh.

Cha0tic
02-28-2002, 02:26 PM
were any of you guys around when dan (triggernomics guy) posted the gun on the forums? i thought it was a work of art. i bet the pics do it no justice. it should be worth 1500 for the amount of time dan spent on it...

TITAN
02-28-2002, 05:13 PM
wow! thats pretty ugly, but very cool

tremis
02-28-2002, 10:40 PM
Actually, for what you get, its worth quite a bit. 1500 seems like a fine price. But, it is an awful looking thing. I wasnt around when it was posted here, and its a good thing. That may have scared me away :) Again, grats on #75

Tremis

tysonmachado
02-28-2002, 11:05 PM
I've seen a few of his triggers in person and pictures don't do them justice. You have to feel the way they almost melt into your hand to really appreciate them. I'll bet the rest of his work is the same.

Tremis, nice pic! Add some rusty bitz and it would definitely be Nurglesque! Here's a quick old school test, ever heard of an Ambull?

apache
03-01-2002, 12:25 AM
Here's a link to the first post about this gun... sadly the pics don't work:
http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=15444

MagHog did also another "bionic" looking MicroEmag, but the pics don't work here either:
http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=14666

If anyone has good and large pics of the latter one, please post! I'd like to have one as background :)

tremis
03-01-2002, 08:06 AM
The umber hulk looking things from the rogue trader days. Sheesh, tysonmachado you werent kidding when you said old-school. I didnt play in those days, I didnt start till 2nd edition. Now if they would just stop overlooking my precious Harlequin army in 3rd I'd be a happy fellow. Well, that and a new SFL Emag :)

Tremis

meanelvis
03-01-2002, 08:16 AM
that gun is sweet. it's got a whole different look that understandably alot of folks don't like--- the "organic" look. it's the future of stylish gun design in my opinion.. ever seen existenz?

how did he do that? with a dremel and 140 grinding heads? i wanna do that to my 'cocker...

personman
03-01-2002, 09:26 AM
Looks screwed. You cant even tell its a Micro Mag without looking at the barrel threads, or the valve. In fact, I doubt its even a Micro Mag!

Oh, wait, is that your mag, rabidchihauhau? Sorry, if its yours, my bad

Thordic
03-01-2002, 09:33 AM
personman, pay attention. Not only is it definitely a MicroEmag, its a one-of-a-king Triggernomics custom carved emag. If I had the money, I'd buy it right now just for collectors value knowing how unique that piece is.

bushjumper
03-01-2002, 11:59 AM
I'm with the guys who said it looks like a crumpled coke can or a tin foil attack.

pumpamatic
03-01-2002, 05:56 PM
Steve you really need better pics on ebay if you plan on selling that thing. If anyone can remember Dan's pics on his post I would think you would agree this thing is a piece of art. Not a thing of beauty, a piece of art. Yes, it may look like a crumpled coke can, but it's made of solid aluminum, I think it shows how much work was put into this. If I had the money and played often enough to justify it, I would definetely bid, and I think 1500 is actually cheap. THIS IS THE ONLY ONE EVER MADE PEOPLE. Keep in mind though not everyone wants to plop down their kid's college fund on a gun they haven't even seen up close and personal. As ugly as this thing is, I want it.

personman
03-01-2002, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by Thordic
personman, pay attention.
Im sorry, I dont quite know how yet. :confused: please teach me

AngelBoy
03-01-2002, 09:11 PM
I love it, and I was around when Dan posted it first. Actually, if I could get $700 in the next week I will buy it. Maybe when I get some more money, if nobody has bought it, you could maybe just sell it to me?

tysonmachado
03-01-2002, 11:05 PM
Hey Tremis, you missed out! The Rogue Trader rules were awesome because your troops could carry almost anything! I stopped playing when 3rd ed came out because I didn't have the time and money to keep up. I'll probably start again someday but I hope they have Harlequin rules by then or I've got a beautiful and useless army!

rabidchihauhau
03-02-2002, 02:06 PM
well, I took the pics I could - but I agree, that would help.

Okay, how about this offer? Anyone on here makes an offer I consider reasonable, I'll take the gun off ebay and sell it to them; I might have to remove the tank and/or the barrel to sell it at what is accepted, but I don't imagine that that would bother too many potential buyers if they could save a few hundred.

OR - someone out there in automag land might take pity on me and just buy me the vacation...?

Why do I deserve it? Well, if things work out between the girlfriend and I on this vacation, you will see 'Happily Married' in my sig - but don't tell her, I haven't popped the question yet (although she has indicated that she just might be interested in spending a few years with me...)

Hey - Tom can tell you - Steve NEEDS something to calm him down and level him out - and this just might be the ticket. Don't consider it a vacation for Steve, think of it as doing a tremendous service for all of paintball-dom - if not for mankind...

Steve

slayer
03-02-2002, 02:44 PM
I think it looks cool, like dr. seuss meets geiger. Alien comes to whoville? Mwuha ha.

rabidchihauhau
03-04-2002, 10:55 AM
that's great - Aliens come to Whoville! Horton joins the Colonial Marines!

I guess now its time to reveal the X-Rated Dr. Suess series - starting with the first installment - "Hop on Pop!"

(My personal fave is 'Green Eggs and Ham', but you have to watch it to see where the ham comes in.....)

What - no one wants to send me on vacation? Jeez....

Steve

rabidchihauhau
06-21-2004, 07:41 AM
Update:

The micromag in question was sold to the owner of All American paintball in Jacksonville, FL.

He purchased it under a deal where I (Steve) was to have first dibs on buying it back if he ever wanted to sell it.

It was then stolen from the field and has been missing approximately 6 months now.

If anyone has any clues as to where it might be - after all, its literally one of a kind - please let me know.

All information will be kept in strictest confidence; if someone has managed to 'obtain' it, we will accept it back with no questions asked.

Unfortunately, I have a feeling that its very uniqueness has sentenced it to life at the bottom of a canal.....

Steve

lord1234
06-21-2004, 08:49 AM
well

what a unfortunate update...

sad to see such a pretty gun go missing..hope its somewhere and not in the scrap heap...oh well at least its not AS bad for you ...did you ever get married?

RRfireblade
06-21-2004, 05:53 PM
Holey late updates Batman!!

That was well over a year ago, don't you have better things to do than bump old threads on your day off ?
:)

lord1234
06-21-2004, 06:03 PM
i didnt bump it...he did

RRfireblade
06-21-2004, 06:07 PM
i didnt bump it...he did

I'm aware of that. I don't know which day is 'your' day off. :D

Notice I refered to the "late update" in response to his "update". :)

can'tthink of1
06-21-2004, 11:17 PM
Suxors, now I have no idea what it is so could I get a pic or something????

Deathshadow9k
06-22-2004, 06:19 AM
yes i want to see this crazy antiquity, post pics mao! (watch deer hunter and you'll understand the word mao!)

RRfireblade
06-22-2004, 07:22 AM
Here you go .....

http://www.automags.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=64210&stc=1

RRfireblade
06-22-2004, 07:23 AM
Cocker.....
http://www.automags.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=72398&stc=1

RRfireblade
06-22-2004, 07:24 AM
Mini.....
http://cpc.wox.org/triggernomics/mag/01lover.jpg

RRfireblade
06-22-2004, 07:29 AM
Few more......
http://www.automags.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=36222&stc=1
http://www.automags.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=7839&stc=
http://www.automags.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=7911&stc=1
http://www.automags.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=7913&stc=1

There's more out there......

sneakyhacker420
06-22-2004, 08:07 AM
holy thread ressurection :wow:

oh well... these pics were worth it

just think of how hott these would look (especially the cocker or micro-e) in a high-polish black ano :hail:

Maghog
07-02-2004, 04:21 PM
This is so sad, and I hate to say it but I think it's gone for good too. The really horrible thing is that we never took really good pictures of it. It was my absolute favorite of the first three, and I am willing to offer a substantial amount of money for its return.
If anyone has seen this gun, or has any information as to its whereabouts, please contact me at DeSmedt@T-online.de
There will never be another one like it.
Dan@Triggernomics

magking1971
07-02-2004, 05:14 PM
HOLY COW Dan good to see you here again!
How did all of your schooling go?

Will Wood
07-02-2004, 05:21 PM
I don't know about the E-Mag, but I'm sure it's the same. Pictures don't do justice for how amazing the marker is. The cocker is at a local feild, it is simply amazing. It sucks to see it have to go like this.

Maghog
07-03-2004, 02:41 AM
I'm doing fine thanks Magking, and though the schooling didn't work out, I've found a job that's giving me all the knowledge I wanted.
I'm really wondering about this theft. Steve, do you this gun was targeted or was it just lying around at an opportunistic moment? I just hate to think that some goofball grabbed it without really knowing what he was taking, and now it's just lying in his closet because he can't show it to anyone.
These guns take hundreds of hours of labor to complete. All the work is done by hand, not milled or machined. It's awful enough that guns have to get stolen as much as they do in this sport, and even though this gun is not mine, I feel as though a part of my soul has been taken away. You might think that sounds corny, but then again, you didn't make it either.
PLEASE FIND THIS GUN!!!
Dan

The Frymarker
07-03-2004, 04:05 AM
That's so upsetting, I hope you find it

rabidchihauhau
07-03-2004, 08:34 AM
Dan,

I think it was stolen along with a lot of other field inventory. I suspect that its lying at the bottom of a canal...

AllAmericanDan
07-16-2006, 09:37 PM
Necro update.....It was stolen as part of a break in. It was one of many thousands of dollars of things they took. My ex business partner Rob was real torn up about it closest he got to finding it was he knows it was traded to a drug dealer I think. We have never seen it again. It was very very awesome in person and he loved it. I almost tried to buy it when he was doing the deal with Steve :cry:

GT
07-16-2006, 09:40 PM
Necro update.....It was stolen as part of a break in. It was one of many thousands of dollars of things they took. My ex business partner Rob was real torn up about it closest he got to finding it was he knows it was traded to a drug dealer I think. We have never seen it again. It was very very awesome in person and he loved it. I almost tried to buy it when he was doing the deal with Steve :cry:

two year old reply. You guys must be dam busy.

AllAmericanDan
07-16-2006, 10:04 PM
I sold my interest in it a long time ago. I believe Rob closed within a year or so after that. I found a pic of it on another forum and a google led me here...yeah I am busy just not with running a paintball field anymore :rofl:

thecavemankevin
07-17-2006, 12:49 PM
http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/7323/batmanandrobinnv0.jpg

Rudz
07-17-2006, 11:16 PM
any1 have piks if this?

Cow hunter
07-18-2006, 09:53 AM
why has this been resurected?

/would like pics too

Maghog
08-20-2006, 06:56 AM
If anyone ever has any info about this gun, please contact me via pm on this board. It would be great if it could be recovered and photographed the way it needs to be. I'll try to find some pictures of it...
Dan@Triggernomics

Rudz
08-20-2006, 08:41 AM
Post piks and we will have a better chance of spotting it, but from what everyone says, it should really stand out

CKY_Alliance
08-20-2006, 10:43 AM
whoa...whats with the similiar threads thing at the bottom..thats pretty cool, has it always been in old threads? I've never noticed it before.

Rudz
08-20-2006, 01:58 PM
The similar threads thing is in older threads, I've noticed it too