PDA

View Full Version : Ok, so my $130 hopper is now apparently $130 of plastic...

raehl
02-27-2002, 11:10 PM
Took the HALO apart to clean all the paint out of it from when it chopped a ball. Now the thing will not work, even with the motor assembly out of the two plastic halves. I've checked the hookup of the wires (J2 and 3) 10 times, it's right, but double press the button and... nothing.

Anyone else had problems with taking their halo's apart and putting them back together?

- Chris

RobAGD
02-28-2002, 12:29 AM
Nope, and I have serviced a few and never had a problem.

Are you sure you didnt pinch a wire bad and cut the power wires or maybe your are not doing the on off on timing right ?

-Robert

raehl
02-28-2002, 12:47 AM
Sure. Although I did originally put the back panel in upside down, and it looks like I may have snapped off the LED light from the mount - so if that blew the circuit, that'd be it.

Anyone know if Odyssey is going to be at Skyball?

Thanks,
Chris

slateman
02-28-2002, 07:55 AM
My techical skills are somewhat limited but, are the batteries any good? Did you check to make sure you put them in the right way?

Drizit
02-28-2002, 10:00 AM
i think they are but i don't know for sure. i'd say email them but if they plan on being there then they already are.

manike
02-28-2002, 10:17 AM
I've gathered from other post boards :rolleyes: that Odyssey Paintball (the Halo guys) will not be attending Skyball but will instead be at the LA open.

manike

raehl
02-28-2002, 11:19 AM
Being the computer engineer that I am, I went through more than once the list os "stupid things you can do to make something electronic stop working." Batteries are good, things are hooked up correctly, yadda yadda.

I think it may be that I've done snapped the LED light off, mucking up the circuit.

- Chris

subbeh
02-28-2002, 03:33 PM
If it's a regular LED, go to radio shack and get a new one, cut the old on out, solder the new one on, and walah.

Yeah that would most likely screw up the circuit, depending upon whether the LED is in parrallel or series with the rest of the circuit.